Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu Assembly

5 posters

Go down

Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu Assembly Empty Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu Assembly

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:39 am

Torn shirts of Speaker P Dhanapal and Leader of Opposition M K Stalin, toppled chairs, strewn paper pieces and displacement of mikes bore testimony to a virtual war-like situation in the Tamil Nadu assembly on Saturday....

Finally, marshals were instructed to physically evict the DMK members, with all hell breaking lose and a free-for-all ensuing. While watch and ward staff physically carried legislators, DMK MLAs resisted by whatever means they could.

Stalin, when being carried over by marshals, thumped his head with his hands and shook hard his legs resisting removal.
Earlier, 78-year old DMK leader Duraimurugan played hide and seek with marshals, as he evaded eviction for some time.
While being led out, he managed to come back to the House through the corridors from near main entrance.
When marshalls prevented his entry into the House, he managed to sneak into the press gallery and crossed over to the Opposition benches from there.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pix-tn-assembly-palaniswami-trust-vote/20170218.htm
Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu Assembly 18stalinshirt

Back to top Go down

Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu Assembly Empty Re: Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu Assembly

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:37 am

What is new?

Most of the politicians in India never miss an opportunity to prove that they are nothing but thugs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:09 pm

well said, Rani.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Oh! 

There are no Saints in politics, it is a bloodsport..it comes in various forms- hardly pretty, looking for angles. 

It was fun to see Stalin finally emerge from the shadows of his father, show some gethu in Rajini style! 

One thing is for sure..life will go one, no matter who rules, policy wise..there will be no major changes. Public assistance programs..Health Care, Education, women's reproductive rights and economic assistance, mass transportation..etc..will all continue..and perhaps with more benefits.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Maria S wrote:Oh! 

There are no Saints in politics, it is a bloodsport..it comes in various forms- hardly pretty, looking for angles. 

It was fun to see Stalin finally emerge from the shadows of his father, show some gethu in Rajini style! 

One thing is for sure..life will go one, no matter who rules, policy wise..there will be no major changes. Public assistance programs..Health Care, Education, women's reproductive rights and economic assistance, mass transportation..etc..will all continue..and perhaps with more benefits.
It's no Game of Thrones where you win or you die.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 pm

celebrating violence tacitly by glorifying wars, and honoring those 'warriors' with praise and privileges penetrate deep into younger minds, and conditions most men to indulge instantly in such activities.

it's ubiquitous, and only those who worry about optics restrain themselves   physically, but express the same with exuberant verbosity - exemplified recently by Mr. Biden, at 74, challenging a 70 year old Trump to take him to the back of the gym.

E&OE

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Maria S wrote:Oh! 

hahaha! so amusing!
i wonder whether you recalled the 'dalmiyapuram/kallakudi' incident which got K'dhi immense fame and popularity; i believe his clever strategy was that he knew no one was going to run the train over him but he would certainly get arrested, but get out under an hour yet become famous. OTOH, KannadAsan and other grass-root members were jailed - this is my recollection from reading KannadAsan's autobiographical 'VanavAsam'.

E&OE

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:38 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
whether you recalled the 'dalmiyapuram/kallakudi' incident which got K'dhi immense fame and popularity;
E&OE

You must be 80 years old to know that.

15. Dalmiyapuram - Kallakudi Agitation (1953)

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
whether you recalled the 'dalmiyapuram/kallakudi' incident which got K'dhi immense fame and popularity;
E&OE

You must be 80 years old to know that.

15. Dalmiyapuram - Kallakudi Agitation (1953)

ah..how conniving, and such a pathetic cheap moron that you are, truncating my post...use the full quote..the last line
particularly.

your source is full of air-brushed history and has questionable credibility while kannadAsan's vanavAsam is a more serious, transformative, honest autobiography.

80, hahaha thank you...with your blessing I hope to see it.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 pm

I did not want to quote parts of your post that are fake history
This is the fake history I did not want to quote "I believe his clever strategy was that he knew no one was going to run the train over him but he would certainly get arrested, but get out under an hour yet become famous. OTOH, KannadAsan and other grass-root members were jailed - "

You are wrong. This is real history: "Karunanidhi and the four others arrested with him were later sentenced to five months in prison and a fine of 35 Rupees each. Many of the others arrested were sentenced to two months in prison and 55 Rupees of fine each.

I respect all those who were jailed, 2 months or 5 months, except Kannadasan who turned traitor. He joined Sampath's breakaway party which failed. Then joined Congress and supported Hindi imposition.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:I did not want to quote parts of your post that are fake history
This is the fake history I did not want to quote "I believe his clever strategy was that he knew no one was going to run the train over him but he would certainly get arrested, but get out under an hour yet become famous. OTOH, KannadAsan and other grass-root members were jailed - "

You are wrong. This is real history: "Karunanidhi and the four others arrested with him were later sentenced to five months in prison and a fine of 35 Rupees each. Many of the others arrested were sentenced to two months in prison and 55 Rupees of fine each.

I respect all those who were jailed, 2 months or 5 months, except Kannadasan who turned traitor. He joined Sampath's breakaway party which failed. Then joined Congress and supported Hindi imposition.

கவிஞர், கருணாநிதி, மற்றும் ஒரு முக்கியஸ்தர்,மூவரும் ஒன்றாகச் சென்று ராயப்பேட்டையில் ஒரு பிராத்தலுக்குச் செல்கின்றனர், தலா 50 என 150 ரூபாய் அங்கே பெண்ணின் அப்பாவான தரகனிடம் தரப்படுகிறது, அங்கே வேலை அமோகமாக முடிந்தவுடன்.கருணாநிதி மட்டும் துண்டை தலையில் கட்டிக்கொண்டு கோதாவில் இறங்கி, உன் பெண் என்னுடன் சரியாக ஒத்துழைக்கவில்லை,அவள் அளித்த சேவையில் திருப்தியில்லை,பணம் திருப்பித் தருகிறாயா? இல்லை போலீசைக் கூப்பிடவா? என்று ரகளை செய்ய அவன் பணம் 150ஐ அழுதபடி திருப்பித் தந்ததைக் குறிப்பிடுகிறார்.

மேலும் அண்ணாத்துரைக்கும் இளம்பெண்கள் தான் பலவீனம் என்று கவிஞர் குறிப்பிடுகிறார், தன் வேலைக்காரி கதையில் ஒரு பெண் மீசை,தலைப்பாகை அணிந்து ஆணாக வருவது போலவே ,அவர் நிஜவாழ்விலும் இளம்பெண்களை ஆண்வேடம் இட்டுத் தருவித்து சுகிப்பதை வழக்கமாக வைத்திருந்தார் என கவிஞர் சொல்லுகிறார். வேறு யாராவது இதையெல்லாம் எழுதி இருந்தால் அச்செய்திக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் சிறிதும் இருந்திருக்காது. மஞ்சள் பத்திரிக்கையில் வரும் கிசு கிசுக்கள் போலவே பல்லிளித்திருக்கும். ஆனால், கண்ணதாசன் தி.மு.க தலைவர்களின் நடத்தையை வனவாசம் புத்தகமாக 1965ஆம் ஆண்டு முதல் பதிப்பில் அம்பலப்படுத்திய போது சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்களே வாயை திறக்கவில்லை என்பதோடு, கண்ணதாசன் தன்னுடைய நடத்தைகள் குறித்தும் மிக பகிரங்கமாகவே எழுதியிருக்கிறார் என்பது நடந்தவற்றிற்கு மேலும் வலுவூட்டுகிறது

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 am

Your Tamil post has absolutely nothing to do with the fake information you posted and I pointed out above. Are you trying to fool non-Tamils as if you are responding to my post?

In any case what you posted about Kallakudi agitation was fake history.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Your Tamil post has absolutely nothing to do with the fake information you posted and I pointed out above. Are you trying to fool non-Tamils as if you are responding to my post?

In any case what you posted about Kallakudi agitation was fake history.

mbwahahaha...@ what is in bold above.

looks like you don't understand thamizh. in fact, i wonder you know any thamizh at all..hmmm... I can't recall a single thamizh post of yours. Read my post, understand, internalize what it states first before pivoting.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:34 pm

garam-kutta, why are yoiu trying to pick a fight with me?

I do not recall ever having responded to you in the past.

In this post, I just added additional information (did not contradict you at all in my first post in this thread). You started picking a fight with me?  Why?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down