Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sairat

2 posters

Go down

Sairat Empty Sairat

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:54 pm

omg what a movie... i saw it listed on Netflix, and thought I have heard the name somewhere. When it began realized it's in marathi, and the dialect was hard for me to understand, but the movie was so interesting. Older walked away at some point coz it was too long, but XH, who had joined in a bit later hung on. 

must watch

Back to top Go down

Sairat Empty Re: Sairat

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:42 am

dubbed in hindi... enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 pm

I was trying to see whether I can understand the Marathi in this movie. Which part of Maharashtra or which dialect of Marathi? Horrible ending (glad I did not see it fully, just skipped a lot). And you call it as a must watch? What for?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:47 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I was trying to see whether I can understand the Marathi in this movie. Which part of Maharashtra or which dialect of Marathi? Horrible ending (glad I did not see it fully, just skipped a lot). And you call it as a must watch? What for?

marathi, no idea... probably vidharbh area, or where the director is from, solapur.. i know mostly MP-tainted marathi, and i know pune version, which i somehow understand coz of sanskrit backfround. 

and lol. kind of unfair to skip through a movie and rate it just for its ending. wonder how you would rate romeo and juliet then. the movie's beauty is to get to know the characters and connect with many things that happen to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:59 pm

I generally donot like/watch Indian movies esp Current Bollywood or any TN movies unless it is done by Kamal (and his recent movies are not great either).  And this movie ends in a way kind of giving ideas or supporting violence, similar to movies which encourage eve teasing or violence which is/was being somewhat root cause of such incidents in India.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 am

FluteHolder wrote:I generally donot like/watch Indian movies esp Current Bollywood or any TN movies unless it is done by Kamal (and his recent movies are not great either).  And this movie ends in a way kind of giving ideas or supporting violence, similar to movies which encourage eve teasing or violence which is/was being somewhat root cause of such incidents in India.

"...encourage eve teasing or violence" :glamorizing these in the name of love and valor; this dates back to the beginning of indian cinema.

In fact, this was the basis of dichotomy between most Sivaji Ganesan and MGR movies, the latter popularized with it's close association/expression of the above. Interestingly, most tambrahms, labeling them as rowdyish, actively discouraged their families from watching those MGR movies. Although this was (mis)construed as a tacit expression of their exclusion/rejection of political affiliations with the dravidian parties, I feel it's only a mere coincidence, as in every single movie, at least one MGR song will explicitly express the faith in Gods.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down