Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages

Go down

Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages Empty Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:40 pm

In my opinion, eventually more and more inter caste marriages will start taking place in India and this will eventually destroy the caste system. There is one obstacle to this happening though: Honor Killings. In these killings, which typically take place all over rural India but are more concentrated in specific regions, the family or the village elders or village panchayat decide that the inter caste couple (who wish to marry) should be killed to preserve the honor of the communities. Since the inter caste marriage would bring dishonor to their communities and their families.

All honor killings, and attempted honor killings, must be dealt very harshly and exemplary punishment must be given to people who perpetrate and order these killings.

This is the extent of government interference i want on the question of inter caste marriages i.e. the government must ensure that any couple in India has the freedom to exercise their choice about who they marry. Anything other than that would be unacceptable.

Back to top Go down

Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages Empty Re: Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:In my opinion, eventually more and more inter caste marriages will start taking place in India and this will eventually destroy the caste system. There is one obstacle to this happening though: Honor Killings. In these killings, which typically take place all over rural India but are more concentrated in specific regions, the family or the village elders or village panchayat decide that the inter caste couple (who wish to marry) should be killed to preserve the honor of the communities. Since the inter caste marriage would bring dishonor to their communities and their families.

All honor killings, and attempted honor killings, must be dealt very harshly and exemplary punishment must be given to people who perpetrate and order these killings.

This is the extent of government interference i want on the question of inter caste marriages i.e. the government must ensure that any couple in India has the freedom to exercise their choice about who they marry. Anything other than that would be unacceptable.

Also, prompt police protection should be given to inter caste couples who wish to marry and who fear they might end up being victims of honor killings.

Back to top Go down

Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages Empty Re: Regarding government interference on inter caste marriages

Post by chameli Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm

it is criminal for the village panchayat to decide the fate of the youmg couple . everyone participates in the killings even the parents

'im not goin into the muslim type of honor killings which are practiced all over the world

that is an entire chapter unto itself .

the government already has laws in place but no one in the communiy or village will breathe a word... so the panchayat gets away with it

only when somebody talks will the police force come into the picture ..even then it would be hard because the bodies will never be found .

police are local folk too ..I dont think they would help

a very difficult issue to solve
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down