Smalltown, America

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smalltown, America

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:51 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/25/business/economy/amazon-retail-jobs-pennsylvania.html
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14277
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Not to worry. The Donald will rescue them.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14039
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Idéfix on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Time for Trump to save 20 jobs at a 7-11 in the Midwest and claim that he saved 200. That will make everybody feel better and America will be great again.

BTW, Paul Ryan wants to impose a border adjustment tax that will devastate the retail industry. Trump has spoken both for and against the idea.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8148
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm

The astonishing lack of empathy displayed here by the libtard crowd and their obsession with Trump is another reason why Shrillery lost.
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14277
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Idéfix on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:45 pm

The astonishing empathy displayed by the trumptard individual here is just as elusive as the god-emperor's new clothes, and his supporters' unwillingness to call him on them.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8148
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Hellsangel wrote:The astonishing lack of empathy displayed here by the libtard crowd and their obsession with Trump is another reason why Shrillery lost.

Talking of empathy, how about showing some for the 50-60 year olds from middle America whose lives are going to be destroyed by the GOP's new proposal for genocide, aka  the GOP healthcare plan?
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14039
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Idéfix on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:48 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The astonishing lack of empathy displayed here by the libtard crowd and their obsession with Trump is another reason why Shrillery lost.

Talking of empathy, how about showing some for the 50-60 year olds from middle America whose lives are going to be destroyed by the GOP's new proposal for genocide, aka  the GOP healthcare plan?
None of the trumptards have made any comments about the plan to dismantle Medicaid to fund tax cuts for the rich.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8148
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The astonishing lack of empathy displayed here by the libtard crowd and their obsession with Trump is another reason why Shrillery lost.

Talking of empathy, how about showing some for the 50-60 year olds from middle America whose lives are going to be destroyed by the GOP's new proposal for genocide, aka  the GOP healthcare plan?
None of the trumptards have made any comments about the plan to dismantle Medicaid to fund tax cuts for the rich.

Our family, especially our children have volunteered at a local senior center/nursing home for some years now. We started doing this for various reasons, not the least of which was my curiosity about what aging looks like in the US for people of modest means. It is always depressing. A few rely completely on Medicaid which picks up the tab after they have run through their savings. They have no other means to pay for this other than Medicaid. These people are going to be taken to the woodshed after the GOP plan takes effect. There is no way the states are going to be able to compensate the missing federal funding in the out years should the GOP plan take effect. I shudder to think of their plight.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14039
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Aww! Looks like you Libby crowd's feelings are hurt. After your display of lack of any empathy, you try desperately for equivalence.
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14277
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Idéfix on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The astonishing lack of empathy displayed here by the libtard crowd and their obsession with Trump is another reason why Shrillery lost.

Talking of empathy, how about showing some for the 50-60 year olds from middle America whose lives are going to be destroyed by the GOP's new proposal for genocide, aka  the GOP healthcare plan?
None of the trumptards have made any comments about the plan to dismantle Medicaid to fund tax cuts for the rich.

Our family, especially our children have volunteered at a local senior center/nursing home for some years now. We started doing this for various reasons, not the least of which was my curiosity about what aging looks like in the US for people of modest means. It is always depressing. A few rely completely on Medicaid which picks up the tab after they have run through their savings. They have no other means to pay for this other than Medicaid.  These people are going to be taken to the woodshed after the GOP plan takes effect. There is no way the states are going to be able to compensate the missing federal funding in the out years should the GOP plan take effect.  I shudder to think of their plight.

Apparently Medicaid coverage for nursing home costs only kicks in after the person has no more than $3,000 in assets left. Such people don't even have a home to go back to. So this bill will throw many many such poor old people on the streets. All to fund tax cuts for the rich.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8148
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by silvermani on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:08 pm

It's not amazon. Stagnant real wages, rampant housing cost increases are some of the reasons that are destroying retail. But the stock market is up, so all must be well with the world. Thanks Obama for 8 years of uninterrupted prosperity(for a small section of society while the rest got raped)!
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The astonishing lack of empathy displayed here by the libtard crowd and their obsession with Trump is another reason why Shrillery lost.

Talking of empathy, how about showing some for the 50-60 year olds from middle America whose lives are going to be destroyed by the GOP's new proposal for genocide, aka  the GOP healthcare plan?
None of the trumptards have made any comments about the plan to dismantle Medicaid to fund tax cuts for the rich.

Our family, especially our children have volunteered at a local senior center/nursing home for some years now. We started doing this for various reasons, not the least of which was my curiosity about what aging looks like in the US for people of modest means. It is always depressing. A few rely completely on Medicaid which picks up the tab after they have run through their savings. They have no other means to pay for this other than Medicaid.  These people are going to be taken to the woodshed after the GOP plan takes effect. There is no way the states are going to be able to compensate the missing federal funding in the out years should the GOP plan take effect.  I shudder to think of their plight.

Apparently Medicaid coverage for nursing home costs only kicks in after the person has no more than $3,000 in assets left. Such people don't even have a home to go back to. So this bill will throw many many such poor old people on the streets. All to fund tax cuts for the rich.

I hope I am never in a position in life when I have to rely on Medicaid for my entire sustenance. If the GOP is going to go down this path, I also hope they'll be open to physician assisted suicide. Regardless of the availability of Medicaid, I would not want to continue living past the point when I have burned through my savings and have serious medical issues. With the GOP going down this path, it is even more imperative that they make physician assisted suicide legal everywhere. I'd like to go at a time of my choosing, fully cognizant of the decisions I am making, alert at the beginning of the process and surrounded by love. Dear GOP politicians -- as you take away Americans' medical benefits please don't stand in the way of those who choose to go this way.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14039
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Interesting! Instead of addressing this issue, the libtard crowd chooses to divert the topic.
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14277
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by confuzzled dude on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Apparently Medicaid coverage for nursing home costs only kicks in after the person has no more than $3,000 in assets left. Such people don't even have a home to go back to. So this bill will throw many many such poor old people on the streets. All to fund tax cuts for the rich.

confuzzled dude

Posts : 9719
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Interesting! Instead of addressing this issue, the libtard crowd chooses to divert the topic.

Here is something on topic that you may like. It is also from smalltown, America:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/west-virginia-tug-river-obamacare/
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14039
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by confuzzled dude on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:33 pm

The lack of laborers not only threatens to stunt the growth of these companies, experts warn, but it could also force them to decamp their home town in search of workers.

With the U.S. unemployment rate at a 16-year low of 4.3 percent, employers across the country are dealing with a dearth of potential hires. Economists say that talent shortages are growing constraints on the country’s economic expansion, especially as millions of baby boomers enter retirement.

The company is struggling to find enough workers, despite offering some of the region’s best pay and benefits. Forty positions sit open.

But the shortage is particularly problematic in places such as Kosciusko County, where the unemployment rate rests at 2 percent. Of the county’s 41,136 adults who can work, 40,311 are employed, according to government statistics.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/in-this-part-of-the-midwest-the-problem-isnt-china-its-too-many-jobs/2017/06/20/a6646572-5205-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?utm_term=.05ea6d46b44b

Another smalltown in America, like many in midwest where finding a job is not an issue.

confuzzled dude

Posts : 9719
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smalltown, America

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum