Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why would somebody do this?

5 posters

Go down

Why would somebody do this? Empty Why would somebody do this?

Post by Idéfix Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 pm

I take my responsibility for Clinton's loss seriously. I failed to understand how Real AmericansTM think, and I lived in my own bubble. So I am trying to rectify my error. I am trying to learn how trumptards think. So here are my questions of the day for trumptards.

Why would a grown man pay for someone to photoshop his photograph on to a Time magazine cover, and then have it printed and placed in multiple places in public? Why do you support a man with a such a casual disregard for reality and blatant dishonesty?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html

Why would somebody do this? TRUMPCOVER_COMPOSITE_WHITE

So how did Trump — who spent an entire campaign and much of his presidency accusing the mainstream media of producing “fake news” — wind up decorating his properties with a literal piece of phony journalism?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Why would somebody do this? Empty Re: Why would somebody do this?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:06 pm

I love how the WaPo is giving O.Leper daily wedgies.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:16 pm

That's in addition to the wedgie he gets from his boss:

Why would somebody do this? Screen-Shot-2017-03-09-at-13.15.48
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 am

So, today's news from the Boss of America... Paul Manafort, once chairman of the Trump campaign, filed as a foreign agent for the work he did in Ukraine for the Boss of America's then puppet there, Viktor Yanukovych. Yanukovych now lives in exile in Russia and is WANTED in his home country for high treason.

Manafort also disclosed that he met Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher in 2013. Now, what's special about Rohrabacher, you wonder. This: according to House Majority Leader, Republican Congressman Kevin McCarthy, he was convinced a year ago that two people are paid by the Boss of America: Rohrabacher and Trump. But Ryan and McCarthy decided they'd rather keep that secret within the family. When WaPo approached them about this story, Ryan and McCarthy denied it ever happened. Then WaPo told them that they, ummm, had an audio tape of the whole thing. So Ryan and McCarthy changed their story and said, "it was a joke."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html wrote:

“I’ll guarantee you that’s what it is... The Russians hacked the DNC and got the oppo research that they had on Trump,” McCarthy said with a laugh.

[Paul] Ryan asked who the Russians “delivered” the opposition research to.

“There’s ... there’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy said, drawing some laughter. “Swear to God,” McCarthy added.

“This is an off the record,” Ryan said.

Some lawmakers laughed at that.

“No leaks, all right?,” Ryan said, adding: “This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

“That’s how you know that we’re tight,” Scalise said.

“What’s said in the family stays in the family,” Ryan added.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 am

Putin, Obama, Gorsuch, Biden -  Professor's man crushes.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:30 am

Idéfix wrote:I take my responsibility for Clinton's loss seriously. I failed to understand how Real AmericansTM think, and I lived in my own bubble. So I am trying to rectify my error. I am trying to learn how trumptards think. So here are my questions of the day for trumptards.

Why would a grown man pay for someone to photoshop his photograph on to a Time magazine cover, and then have it printed and placed in multiple places in public? Why do you support a man with a such a casual disregard for reality and blatant dishonesty?

Would we use the same - disregard for reality - accusation against someone who hides their age/wrinkles or scars or pores using a foundation/makeup while in public? Or those who use figure enhancing inner wear to look beautiful or attractive in public or facing media? Can we claim that Hillary is not 'guilty' of carefully crafting a different public image different from her real self?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:39 am

smArtha wrote:
Idéfix wrote:I take my responsibility for Clinton's loss seriously. I failed to understand how Real AmericansTM think, and I lived in my own bubble. So I am trying to rectify my error. I am trying to learn how trumptards think. So here are my questions of the day for trumptards.

Would we use the same - disregard for reality - accusation against someone who hides their age/wrinkles or scars or pores using a foundation/makeup while in public? Or those who use figure enhancing inner wear to look beautiful or attractive in public or facing media? Can we claim that Hillary is not 'guilty' of carefully crafting a different public image different from her real self?

Curious -- do you equate everyday grooming and makeup, activities that men and women engage in to present themselves in public to advantage, to constructing a false narrative about one's accomplishments? Is putting on a tie the same as portraying oneself as having appeared on the cover of time magazine?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Curious -- do you equate everyday grooming and makeup, activities that men and women engage in to present themselves in public to advantage, to constructing a false narrative about one's accomplishments?  Is putting on a tie the same as portraying oneself as having appeared on the cover of time magazine?

I cannot answer the specific question of a tie - to this day none could satisfactorily explain to me how it enhances looks or creates ease in doing anything. It is the most purposeless thing (looks or whatever aspect) ever created and blindly enforced/followed by large part of the professional world. 

Coming to the main point, at a fundamental level they are all (false) image creations and aimed at creating an 'advantage' position for ourselves in the group or situation we operate in? 
After your specific question I went back to the web to see what the controversy was about (Idefix gave a subscription only URL). It seems that the Time Mag Cover Photo itself is fake and this is definitely a different league of false image creation than dressing to hide our facial or physical features. When I first responded I understood the issue as that his Cover Photo on Time Mag was morphed to create an image of something he wasn't. I stand corrected now.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 pm

smArtha wrote:

This is the sort of false equivalence that I dislike when I see apologists for bad things (like Islamic terrorism) advance it. Applying makeup is not the same thing as photoshopping a Time magazine cover. Hillary applying makeup is similar to whatever it is that Trump does to his hair. Those are vanities that are common to most human beings. Most human beings, OTOH, do not photoshop themselves into magazine covers and prominently display the results in public places.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Idéfix wrote:
smArtha wrote:

This is the sort of false equivalence that I dislike when I see apologists for bad things (like Islamic terrorism) advance it. Applying makeup is not the same thing as photoshopping a Time magazine cover. Hillary applying makeup is similar to whatever it is that Trump does to his hair. Those are vanities that are common to most human beings. Most human beings, OTOH, do not photoshop themselves into magazine covers and prominently display the results in public places.

As clarified above to Max, it was a misunderstanding. I thought the Cover Photo on Time is genuine and just that his picture was morphed to communicate something he is not. Didn't realize that the whole Time Cover Photo is photoshop work. So my equivalence doesn't hold.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:32 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html

Why would somebody do this? TRUMPCOVER_COMPOSITE_WHITE

So how did Trump — who spent an entire campaign and much of his presidency accusing the mainstream media of producing “fake news” — wind up decorating his properties with a literal piece of phony journalism?
Fucking bastard son-of-a-bitch Pussy-grabber is a LIAR.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum