See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by Idéfix on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Apparently conservative snowflakes can't tell the difference between vigorous intellectual disagreement and inciting political violence. One can be tolerant of other people while disagreeing with them about important matters. That's the essence of civilization. Conservatives should try it on for size.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8296
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by silvermani on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Idéfix wrote:Apparently conservative snowflakes can't tell the difference between vigorous intellectual disagreement and inciting political violence. One can be tolerant of other people while disagreeing with them about important matters. That's the essence of civilization. Conservatives should try it on for size.

Yeah right.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1372
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by Idéfix on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 pm

silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Apparently conservative snowflakes can't tell the difference between vigorous intellectual disagreement and inciting political violence. One can be tolerant of other people while disagreeing with them about important matters. That's the essence of civilization. Conservatives should try it on for size.

Yeah right.
Yeah indeed. Tolerance and agreement are not the same thing.

tol·er·ance
ˈtäl(ə)rəns/
noun
1.
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.


I vehemently disagree with you, but I wholeheartedly defend your right to your own opinion. I will never threaten to attack you physically because you say things I dislike. I will never fantasize about beating you up even if I think you are saying mean things about me. This is what makes me a liberal, and this is how I am different from our predisent.

You are welcome to agree with my approach in this particular matter, or to defend his. Your choice reflects only on your character, not mine.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8296
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by Hellsangel on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:12 am

Considering the way speakers have been  shutdown by libbies in campus, it doesnt speak much for their tolerance.
http://nypost.com/2014/05/29/killing-the-campuses-the-intolerance-menace/
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14331
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by Idéfix on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:12 am

Hellsangel wrote:Considering the way speakers have been  shutdown by libbies in campus, it doesnt speak much for their tolerance.
http://nypost.com/2014/05/29/killing-the-campuses-the-intolerance-menace/
I agree about that. People who oppose speakers with violence and try to shut them down are hypocrites if they call themselves liberals. You can't be a liberal if you don't support free speech, period.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8296
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: See no evil: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum