Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes

2 posters

Go down

Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes Empty Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes

Post by silvermani Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:46 pm

I wanted to believe Director Mueller when he expressed some regret in our personal meeting the night before we both testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee. He told me he was seeking improvements and that I should not hesitate to contact him if I ever witnessed a similar situation to what was behind the FBI’s pre 9/11 failures. 

A few months later, when it appeared he was acceding to Bush-Cheney’s ginning up intelligence to launch the unjustified, counterproductive and illegal war on Iraq, I took Mueller up on his offer, emailing him my concerns in late February 2003. Mueller knew, for instance, that Vice President Dick Cheney’s claims connecting 9/11 to Iraq were bogus yet he remained quiet. He also never responded to my email. 

Beyond ignoring politicized intelligence, Mueller bent to other political pressures. In the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, Mueller directed the “post 9/11 round-up” of about 1,000 immigrants who mostly happened to be in the wrong place (the New York City area) at the wrong time. FBI Headquarters encouraged more and more detentions for what seemed to be essentially P.R. purposes. Field offices were required to report daily the number of detentions in order to supply grist for FBI press releases about FBI “progress” in fighting terrorism. Consequently, some of the detainees were brutalized and jailed for up to a year despite the fact that none turned out to be terrorists. 

A History of Failure 
Long before he became FBI Director, serious questions existed about Mueller’s role as Acting U.S. Attorney in Boston in effectively enabling decades of corruption and covering up of the FBI’s illicit deals with mobster Whitey Bulger and other “top echelon” informants who committed numerous murders and crimes. When the truth was finally uncovered through intrepid investigative reporting and persistent, honest judges, U.S. taxpayers footed a $100 million court award to the four men framed for murders committed by (the FBI-operated) Bulger gang.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes Empty Re: Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:50 pm

all this smear campaign against mueller when they have nothing hide? wonder what they'd do if they did have something to hide...

Back to top Go down

Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes Empty Re: Comey and Mueller: Russiagate’s Mythical Heroes

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Russiagate is a bad name for this scandal. This is a much bigger scandal than Watergate. Nixon did not collide with the Russians to influence the election.

One possible name for this is the Trumputin affair. In future all scandals should carry the suffix -trump.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 pm

t w wrote:all this smear campaign against mueller when they have nothing hide? wonder what they'd do if they did have something to hide...
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, White House Press Secretary said: 

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing

12:12 PM - 3 Nov 2016
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down