Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 am

.......Shaivism and Vaishnavism had their wars in the past and created unnecessary divisions in the Hindu community (similar to Shiia and Sunni among monomaniacs). In Karnakata, Lingayats now want their own religion and politicians are adding fuel to the fire for votes. Disgusting.....


http://www.news18.com/news/india/lingayat-seers-push-for-separate-religion-status-in-karnataka-1488977.html

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:50 am

may be the lingayats are trying to follow the example of sai-babies who talk and preach as being different from Hindus and having no other deity except sai baba (who used to regurgitate "lingas" to give to devotees).
avatar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4891
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:42 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:may be the lingayats are trying to follow the example of sai-babies who talk and preach as being different from Hindus and having no other deity except sai baba (who used to regurgitate "lingas" to give to devotees).
No. There is a violent history to the Lingayat cult. Basava was their founder (12th century). There is no need to call them a different religion. If Followers of Sankara, Madhva, Ramanuja, Vallabha, Ramakrishna, etc., can call themselves Hindu, why can't followers of Basava? In K'taka, Lingayats are a vote bank and politicians go berserk ars-licking.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:may be the lingayats are trying to follow the example of sai-babies who talk and preach as being different from Hindus and having no other deity except sai baba (who used to regurgitate "lingas" to give to devotees).
No. There is a violent history to the Lingayat cult. Basava was their founder (12th century). There is no need to call them a different religion. If Followers of Sankara, Madhva, Ramanuja, Vallabha, Ramakrishna, etc., can call themselves Hindu, why can't followers of Basava? In K'taka, Lingayats are a vote bank and politicians go berserk ars-licking.......
The only ones that will benefit from the behavior of Lingayats are Aurangazeb's sishyas, Commies and Christian fanatics because they benefit if the Hindu vote splits (which is what CONmen achieved to satisfy their vote banks - monomaniacs and Dalits). Lingayats harp about the evils of the caste system but don't realize that their sectarian violence in the past was much worse. Strange that they want to recreate that.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:may be the lingayats are trying to follow the example of sai-babies who talk and preach as being different from Hindus and having no other deity except sai baba (who used to regurgitate "lingas" to give to devotees).
No. There is a violent history to the Lingayat cult. Basava was their founder (12th century). There is no need to call them a different religion. If Followers of Sankara, Madhva, Ramanuja, Vallabha, Ramakrishna, etc., can call themselves Hindu, why can't followers of Basava? In K'taka, Lingayats are a vote bank and politicians go berserk ars-licking.......
The only ones that will benefit from the behavior of Lingayats are Aurangazeb's sishyas, Commies and Christian fanatics because they benefit if the Hindu vote splits (which is what CONmen achieved to satisfy their vote banks - monomaniacs and Dalits). Lingayats harp about the evils of the caste system but don't realize that their sectarian violence in the past was much worse. Strange that they want to recreate that.
It looks like they are also in hunt for minority religious status to acquire quotas, reservations and other freebies.
avatar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4891
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 pm

avatar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4891
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vishwaroopa / Virataroopa
(source: https://sites.google.com/site/primalsource/as-vishvarupa)
Well, anyone can photo-shop his/her picture on this. Laloo is good at manipulating pictures. Even Mayawati, Jagan, Maran, Mamata, et al., can do it. Soonya can insert her picture and sell the posters - I bet Sikularists like Rashmun will post it in his bedroom.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Well, anyone can photo-shop his/her picture on this. Laloo is good at manipulating pictures. Even Mayawati, Jagan, Maran, Mamata, et al., can do it. Soonya can insert her picture and sell the posters - I bet Sikularists like Rashmun will post it in his bedroom.......

The picture-posters with the above (Vishwaroopa) image of Sai Baba were already used for the past 15 yrs. or so by the devotes when he was still living. I myself saw one such picture-poster in a shop in Dharamshala in 2005-06 and came to the conclusion that it probably was with the knowledge / permission of Sai Baba.
avatar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4891
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Well, anyone can photo-shop his/her picture on this. Laloo is good at manipulating pictures. Even Mayawati, Jagan, Maran, Mamata, et al., can do it. Soonya can insert her picture and sell the posters - I bet Sikularists like Rashmun will post it in his bedroom.......

The picture-posters with the above (Vishwaroopa) image of Sai Baba were already used for the past 15 yrs. or so  by the devotes when he was still living. I myself saw one such picture-poster in a shop in Dharamshala in 2005-06 and came to the conclusion that it probably was with the knowledge / permission of Sai Baba.
Yes, he knew. He was treated like a God by his devotees.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Propagandhi711 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:11 pm

this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

Propagandhi711

Posts : 6885
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by smArtha on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:24 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

One interesting thing about Sai Baba's devotees is that prior to the 90s all his divinity proofs were about the miracles - sacred ash, watches, rings, bracelets and the lingams he'd manifest out of thin air or wherever. A couple of media exposes in the 90s turned the whole organization to start emphasizing the philanthropic activities and leave the miracles to those leaning or already in the camp.

smArtha

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2013-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Seva Lamberdar on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:15 pm

smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

One interesting thing about Sai Baba's devotees is that prior to the 90s all his divinity proofs were about the miracles - sacred ash, watches, rings, bracelets and the lingams he'd manifest out of thin air or wherever. A couple of media exposes in the 90s turned the whole organization to start emphasizing the philanthropic activities and leave the miracles to those leaning or already in the camp.
btw, if only these babas, gurus and swamis could guide people to look directly into the Bhagavad Gita (Ch. 6) and practice Yoga accordingly step-by-step, there might be less wasting of time, effort and money in learning and pursuing Yoga (http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/yoga.html).
avatar
Seva Lamberdar

Posts : 4891
Join date : 2012-11-29

View user profile https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:05 pm

smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

One interesting thing about Sai Baba's devotees is that prior to the 90s all his divinity proofs were about the miracles - sacred ash, watches, rings, bracelets and the lingams he'd manifest out of thin air or wherever. A couple of media exposes in the 90s turned the whole organization to start emphasizing the philanthropic activities and leave the miracles to those leaning or already in the camp.
His organization did philanthropy and social work. For example, he was actively involved in the Telugu Ganga project.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by smArtha on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

One interesting thing about Sai Baba's devotees is that prior to the 90s all his divinity proofs were about the miracles - sacred ash, watches, rings, bracelets and the lingams he'd manifest out of thin air or wherever. A couple of media exposes in the 90s turned the whole organization to start emphasizing the philanthropic activities and leave the miracles to those leaning or already in the camp.
His organization did philanthropy and social work. For example, he was actively involved in the Telugu Ganga project.

I am not discounting that. They did and continue to do so indeed. But they had shifted from miracles as the main marketing element of Swami's Divinity to philanthropy in the 90s. This was probably in response to a few media exposes and some open challenges by magicians/rationalists.

smArtha

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2013-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:50 pm

smArtha wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

One interesting thing about Sai Baba's devotees is that prior to the 90s all his divinity proofs were about the miracles - sacred ash, watches, rings, bracelets and the lingams he'd manifest out of thin air or wherever. A couple of media exposes in the 90s turned the whole organization to start emphasizing the philanthropic activities and leave the miracles to those leaning or already in the camp.
His organization did philanthropy and social work. For example, he was actively involved in the Telugu Ganga project.

I am not discounting that. They did and continue to do so indeed. But they had shifted from miracles as the main marketing element of Swami's Divinity to philanthropy in the 90s. This was probably in response to a few media exposes and some open challenges by magicians/rationalists.
I am not a fan of babas and bhagvans like - Rajnish, Besharam, Ram Rahim, Premananda, Nityananda...... They are not any better than ND Tiwari and Abhishek Manu Sexvi.....

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 7244
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by smArtha on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:49 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:this always bugged me since school days: so saibaba throws up lingas/lingums at demos...which means he must have swallowed a whole bunch of them at some point? he must have been quite the gobbler..

One interesting thing about Sai Baba's devotees is that prior to the 90s all his divinity proofs were about the miracles - sacred ash, watches, rings, bracelets and the lingams he'd manifest out of thin air or wherever. A couple of media exposes in the 90s turned the whole organization to start emphasizing the philanthropic activities and leave the miracles to those leaning or already in the camp.
btw, if only these babas, gurus and swamis could guide people to look directly into the Bhagavad Gita (Ch. 6) and practice Yoga accordingly step-by-step, there might be less wasting of time, effort and money in learning and pursuing Yoga (http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/yoga.html).

There are outright frauds, relatively harmless but propagate what they come across with teachers, advances sAdhakas or achAryas who are way ahead in the path and can guide others and the genuinely realized Gurus. The frauds don't care for scriptures or any valid spiritual means, the propagates do based on what convinced them so may use Gita or whatever book they got in touch with, achAryas/sAdhakas use established traditions and scriptures and the Gurus don't need Scriptural directions as they are directed by the Ultimate Divine from within.

smArtha

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2013-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like fanatic sects are being revived......

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum