Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is India suffering from a NaMo fatigue due to which the BJP should press the panic button?

Go down

Is India suffering from a NaMo fatigue due to which the BJP should press  the panic button? Empty Is India suffering from a NaMo fatigue due to which the BJP should press the panic button?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Is India finally suffering from a Narendra Modi fatigue? Is the country exhausted of the hashtags of Stand Up India, Start Up India and Make in India, as eventually nothing much seems to have emerged from the schemes given the fact that the economy is capsizing, investments have gone back to 2014 levels and demand has collapsed?

Rural distress is well-known, but still does not make it to our front pages, an army of young people is seeking jobs which are simply not to be had....

Modi and his closest aide BJP president, Amit Shah, facing political heat over the latter's son Jay Amit Shah - who witnessed a period of "acche din" coincidentally after Modi became the PM - appear nervous and unsettled for the first time. The duo uncharacteristically blinked on excise on fuel prices and ensured a Gujarat rate of GST with taxes being brought down to five per cent from 12 per cent on khakra (a Gujarati savoury snack) namkeen and man-made yarn.

The wobble is apparent as the Election Commission did not announce the poll schedule for Gujarat on October 12, along with Himachal Pradesh. Modi will visit Ahmedabad on Monday (October 16) as part of his poll campaign and is likely to announce some final packages before the model code of conduct comes into play. While the Congress and even former chief election commissioner, SY Qureshi, cried foul and said that the EC should have ensured a level-playing field, Modi and Shah played real politics.

So while Modi seems rattled going back to familiar theatrics of victimisation saying that those who criticise him bite the dust, it reminds one of his tearful demeanour during the demonetisation period when he said "give me 50 days or burn me alive" and "I am fakir, I will pick up my bag and leave".

Modi is still stubbornly insisting that demonetisation was a success despite all evidence to the contrary. The economy has been unable to absorb the twin blows of demonetisation and GST coming one on top of the other. Criticisms such as by former finance minister Yashwant Sinha invite nasty personal jibes like the one that he was a "job seeker at 80".

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/rahul-gandhi-bjp-congress-indian-economy-narendra-modi/story/1/20054.html

Back to top Go down