Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashdoc's movie review---Agneepath

2 posters

Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---Agneepath Empty Ashdoc's movie review---Agneepath

Post by ashdoc Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Agneepath.....phew !! This is really the path of fire........

For violence drips through the entire narrative , and I wasn't surprised to see a few women walk away from the theater within the first hour itself , inspite of paying 350 rupees ......

What surprised me however , was the fact that a girl gave me tickets for free !!
She said she had got the tickets for free herself and wasn't interested in seeing the movie.....

For the first hour , and also the last , the movie is filled with crude and barbaric violence and also some rough language .

You have to enter the theater with a particular mindset , that you have to see , and more particularly be unmoved by the extreme roughness of the film .

Having made up such a mindset , you can enjoy the film , especially if you are a male.

So whats the story ??

Master Deenanath Chauhan ( the surname should have been Chavan , considering the fact that he is shown as ghati ) is an extremely principled teacher who tries to rouse his villagefolk against the plans of Kancha Cheema ( played by Sunjay Dutt ) to establish a cocaine producing plant in his village Mandwa . But he is framed in a rape case and hanged by Cheema , forcing his son and pregnant wife to flee to Mumbai .

The son decides to work for a goon cum maha-pimp Rauf Lala ( played by Rishi Kapoor ) who plys the female sex slave trade , auctioning young girls in barbaric open market where the screaming writhing girls are pulled out of underground cages and dragged by their hair to be examined by lecherous buyers for their beauty and ' physical fitness ' for sex . Not surprisingly , the mother kicks the son out and does not want to meet him again . The son grows up to be---who else could it be---Vijay Deenanath Chauhan , the Hrithik Roshan wanting to be the modern day Amitabh......

And to cut a long story short , he manages to get the better of Rauf Lala and his son and become the master of Rauf's empire ( inspite of Rauf's goons all being muslim !! Hindu muslim bhai bhai anyone.....) and then use his power to get to Mandwa to take bloodsoaked revenge against Kancha. Actually much of the blood that flows is Hrithik's , the way Kancha mauls him in Mandwa , but finally Hrithik does get to hang him in the same manner Kancha did his father .

Oh yes ,there are also other characters along the way like commissioner Gaitonde ( On Puri ) who wants to but never could destroy the criminal rackets , and also Priyanka Chopra as Hrithik's girl.....not to forget Sallu's exgirl Katrina in the chikni chameli item song .

But does Hrithik Roshan's mother have to deliver her second child ( a girl ) in the middle of the randbazaar by the hands of prostitutes , and does Hrithik have to grow up with and fall in love with the daughter ( Priyanka ) of a randi ?? Oh , I forgot , crudeness is supposed to be the hallmark of this film , and the director wants the situations to be as sleazy as possible .

And only if you understand the august intentions of the director to make a film as sleazy , rough and crude as possible , will you like the film . I did . You decide for yourself.....

Verdict---depends , really.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---Agneepath Empty Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Agneepath

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:02 pm

oh man too much violence. Was thinking of watching it tonight. Might still go, if the show doesn't get sold out that is. Don't want to fandango this.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:56 pm

ashdoc, , what you talking about ?

Amitabh himself says the very famous line " me dinanath chauhan " not chavan so is this fella not related to him ?

and kindly defer from calling someone a ghati .If he is from maharashtra , call him a Maharashtrian

i have no intention of seeing this movie

your review didnt ask us to either

thanks
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:59 am

chameli wrote:ashdoc, , what you talking about ?

Amitabh himself says the very famous line " me dinanath chauhan " not chavan so is this fella not related to him ?

and kindly defer from calling someone a ghati .If he is from maharashtra , call him a Maharashtrian

i have no intention of seeing this movie

your review didnt ask us to either

thanks

yeah , but i thought that chavan is a real maharashtrian surname unlike chauhan which is north indian .

yeah , coming as i do from echarcha.com , i am habituated to using politically incorrect language as is prevalent in that maha-crude forum .

it was also in tone with the crude nature of the film and i sort of got carried away Wink

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:17 pm

the name chavan is not to be confused with chauhan

chauhan is a kshatriya ( fighter class ) a Rajasthani name

whereas chavan would be a vaishya ( merchant class ) a Maharashtrian name
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 am

i think chavan is maratha . most chavans i know in mumbai are marathas by caste---another warrior caste , though not kshatriya .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 am

wiki seems to think that chavan is nothing but marathi corruption of chauhan . read on right in link---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavan

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 am

ashdoc wrote:yeah , coming as i do from echarcha.com , i am habituated to using politically incorrect language as is prevalent in that maha-crude forum .

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 am

ashdoc wrote:i think chavan is maratha . most chavans i know in mumbai are marathas by caste---another warrior caste , though not kshatriya .

the marathaa community is that which fought shoulder to shoulder with Shivaji maharaj.

.u are right they are not kshatriyas neither was Chatrapati shivaji a kshatriya

which goes to prove that not all warriors were of kshatriya caste

chavans are not marathaas .

Wikipedia is wrong in this case lets say Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down