Wealthcare proposals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wealthcare proposals

Post by Idéfix on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:47 pm

So what are the opinions on this forum about the latest wealthcare proposal from the House GOP?

Fewer tiers...


Screw the blue states...


Reduce the predisent's personal tax rate...


... and crap all over the separation between church and state.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/27/us/politics/six-charts-to-explain-the-republican-tax-plan.html
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8296
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Exceptionally well-designed to hurt the people at the bottom of the pile and the managerial class on the coasts. Clever!
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14208
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by Idéfix on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 pm

It is quite unclear to me so far how this will impact me in the aggregate. My marginal rate will go down by just under 5 percentage points, but I lose my SALT deductions. Someone needs to build a calculator where you can enter your key items from last year's return so you can figure out the net impact on yourself. My sense is I will probably come out ahead because my mortgage balance is below the proposed cap.

The most disturbing thing for me in all this is the elimination of the estate tax. That is nothing but a wealthcare move.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8296
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by confuzzled dude on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:52 pm

I will end up in higher bracket. I don't mind paying additional taxes if they are utilized constructively, to improve infrastructure, health care etc., rather than diverted to fund military to murder innocents all over the world, to destroy environment, to harass/mistreat women and to support gun-nuts.

confuzzled dude

Posts : 9904
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by Shyam Sundar on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:17 am

confuzzled dude wrote:I will end up in higher bracket. I don't mind paying additional taxes if they are utilized constructively, to improve infrastructure, health care etc., rather than diverted to fund military to murder innocents all over the world, to destroy environment, to harass/mistreat women and to support gun-nuts.

You must have become  U.S.  citizen way back in 90's  so that you could work for the U.S. Government or sponsor your relatives from your village.

Why do you care how your tax dollars are spent?

You are required to pay the taxes.  And that is where it ends.

If the American government had insisted  that you pay 25% of your salary every year as the price of naturalization, You would have complied with it. 

I have seen Indians who just got here 10 years ago, whining about Trump's immigration policies and opining about what is the problem with American society.

America does not owe you anything.

You must be grateful that this country let you stay here permanently and life of quality thousand times better than the 1.5 billion people have in India.

Shyam Sundar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2017-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by garam_kuta on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:51 am

Shyam Sundar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:I will end up in higher bracket. I don't mind paying additional taxes if they are utilized constructively, to improve infrastructure, health care etc., rather than diverted to fund military to murder innocents all over the world, to destroy environment, to harass/mistreat women and to support gun-nuts.

You must have become  U.S.  citizen way back in 90's  so that you could work for the U.S. Government or sponsor your relatives from your village.

Why do you care how your tax dollars are spent?

You are required to pay the taxes.  And that is where it ends.

If the American government had insisted  that you pay 25% of your salary every year as the price of naturalization, You would have complied with it. 

I have seen Indians who just got here 10 years ago, whining about Trump's immigration policies and opining about what is the problem with American society.

America does not owe you anything.

You must be grateful that this country let you stay here permanently and life of quality thousand times better than the 1.5 billion people have in India.

hahaha! no one could get more personal than this most obedient servant types...bababa!... we'll wait and see! Sleep

garam_kuta

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by confuzzled dude on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:19 am

Shyam Sundar wrote:
You must have become  U.S.  citizen way back in 90's  so that you could work for the U.S. Government or sponsor your relatives from your village.
Hahaha! Typical SuCHer mentality. Looking down at fellow migrants from India. Everyone else is selfish & unsophisticated; I'm unique/special/refined than them, be it is driving or english language skills or lifestyle.

confuzzled dude

Posts : 9904
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by garam_kuta on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Shyam Sundar wrote:
You must have become  U.S.  citizen way back in 90's  so that you could work for the U.S. Government or sponsor your relatives from your village.
........
You must be grateful that this country let you stay here permanently and life of quality thousand times better than the 1.5 billion people have in India.
Hahaha! Typical SuCHer mentality. Looking down at fellow migrants from India. Everyone else is selfish & unsophisticated; I'm unique/special/refined than them, be it is driving or english language skills or lifestyle.

mbwahahahababa ...punch dialoggu? try correcting it, and resubmit with proper punctuation Razz Razz

garam_kuta

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by garam_kuta on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Shyam Sundar wrote:
.....You are required to pay the taxes.  And that is where it ends.

......America does not owe you anything.

You must be grateful that this country let you stay here permanently and life of quality thousand times better than the 1.5 billion people have in India.

rrrrr...ight Rolling Eyes http://such.forumotion.com/t44553-make-edison-great-again#243295

garam_kuta

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by confuzzled dude on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Shyam Sundar wrote:
.....You are required to pay the taxes.  And that is where it ends.

......America does not owe you anything.

You must be grateful that this country let you stay here permanently and life of quality thousand times better than the 1.5 billion people have in India.

rrrrr...ight Rolling Eyes http://such.forumotion.com/t44553-make-edison-great-again#243295
His argument is similar to Bharath Jihadist Party asking certain segment of Indians to prove their loyalty time and again

confuzzled dude

Posts : 9904
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by silvermani on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Bunch of ivory tower dwelling millionaires commiserating over the plight of the deplorables. This thread is rich with irony.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by garam_kuta on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:22 pm

silvermani wrote:Bunch of ivory tower dwelling millionaires commiserating over the plight of the deplorables. This thread is rich with irony.

i wouldn't...shyam sundar is a pathetic troll, and my posts were only to that effect.

garam_kuta

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by silvermani on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
silvermani wrote:Bunch of ivory tower dwelling millionaires commiserating over the plight of the deplorables. This thread is rich with irony.

i wouldn't...shyam sundar  is a pathetic troll, and my posts were only to that effect.
So, is it confirmed that he is a reincarnation of the grammar cop?
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by garam_kuta on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:57 pm

silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
silvermani wrote:Bunch of ivory tower dwelling millionaires commiserating over the plight of the deplorables. This thread is rich with irony.

i wouldn't...shyam sundar  is a pathetic troll, and my posts were only to that effect.
So, is it confirmed that he is a reincarnation of the grammar cop?

such a tragedy....beyond me that anyone would try to be an impostor of that depraved, vile invertebrate fossil No

garam_kuta

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wealthcare proposals

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum