Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Emperor Akbar haunts Hindutva

3 posters

Go down

Why Emperor Akbar haunts Hindutva Empty Why Emperor Akbar haunts Hindutva

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 pm

The Indian Express reported last week the feverish work being done by Hindutva historians to rob Akbar of his secular halo. They want to project Hemu, a Hindu chieftain who briefly gave Akbar a hard time, as the last grand emperor of Hindu India. Goebbelsian mythmaking can succeed in the short run but it would not be able to completely airbrush the hard evidence produced by Prof Sharif Husain Qasemi on Akbar’s behalf.

As India’s leading Persian scholar, Prof Qasemi published an amazing book recently — A descriptive catalogue of Persian translations of Indian works. Sanskrit work related to Hindu religion, philosophy, mysticism, medicine, mathematics, astronomy, music, history, romance, historical and semi-historical tales and “moral fables” together with some works on the Sikh religion have been catalogued.

Qasemi sahib describes his seminal work with characteristic modesty. It is a record, he says “of the endeavours of Muslims in India to understand their ancient homeland and its magnificent culture in a large scene”. At a popular level, Dara Shikoh was one of the last notable Mughal princes to be credited with translating Hindu scriptures from Sanskrit into Persian. The fact is, as Prof Qasemi illustrates, that Dara was only following a tradition that emulates Akbar and often goes beyond the emperor by a few centuries. 

For example, Mohammed bin Qasim’s conquest of Sindh in 711 AD and his cordial and friendly ties with the local Brahmins are recorded in Fath Nama-i-Sindh, popularly known as the Chach Nama. The original Arabic manuscript was lost without a trace, but Prof Qasemi has catalogued its Persian translation in the reign of Nasiruddin Qabacha as an early quest by arriving Muslims to blend with the local culture.

Qasemi sahib read out a lovely story from his Persian papers about Emperor Akbar. The ruler had ordered the translation of the Sanskrit epic Mahabharat into Persian. His close associates found Abdul Qadir Badayuni appropriate for the job. Highly competent in his work, Badayuni was a narrow-minded Muslim. Akbar knew of this tendency, and was wary of him.

When the first translation of Mahabharat, translated mostly as Razm Nama — or chronicle of wars — came before him, Akbar wondered why it carried references to heaven and hell for the righteous and evil-doers in the epic. As a young prince he had learnt of the Hindu faith in transmigration of souls, but nothing of hell and heaven. He reported the matter to the Fazl-Faizi duo, who collared Badayuni. 

For all his puritanism, Badayuni writes how he called the Brahmin priests before the emperor who advised Akbar that the concept of hell and heaven did in fact exist in Hindu philosophy. That’s how Akbar the ruler-cum-editor let his second edition of Mahabharat be published. He got it distributed to the elite to make them understand and embrace the great culture they were privileged to savour, says Prof Qasemi.

Meanwhile, by not celebrating Dussehra or Diwali I have saved time to start reading the Hindi translation in three volumes of the epic Ramayan. To make it more intractable for the Hindutva simpletons, a Hindu scribe named Sumer Chand wrote it in Persian. To make it even more perverse for Hindtuva, two Muslim scholars at Rampur’s famed Raza Library translated Ramayan into chaste Hindi from its original Persian. Votaries of Hindutva can eat their hearts out.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1137764

Back to top Go down

Why Emperor Akbar haunts Hindutva Empty Re: Why Emperor Akbar haunts Hindutva

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 pm

I am not Hindutva and yet I am bored of Fuckbar mainly because of you. He makes my stomach turn because you have Fuckbar spammed this board for years.  There is nothing about India and its history that interests me less than Fuckbar.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:56 pm

ah, the last para puts food on the table for you...

whatever way you package, I just have to do Ctrl + F on Modi/Hindutva/BJP and I see your paid troll $$ ..never had to read any of this stuff.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am

Rashmun wrote:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1137764
Rashu Aunty,

Good to see you go down the gutter and cesspool of shit to come up with posts, now that you quote Paki news media to write against Hindus.

Congratulations on your new lows.

Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down