the indian detective

Go down

the indian detective

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 pm

A series by Russell Peters, acting as a flop canadian cop who walks into a drug trafficking gang... 

lots of scenes are supposed to be shot in india but funnily most of it doesn't look india, and all the 'indians' speak with a funny accent. as in canadian indian actors doing their best speaking hindi or desi accent... 

Regardless, I ended up watching all the 4 episodes back to back. Has an easy flow and old lovely theme of a goof who is always at the right place at the right time to set e'thing straight. Russell Peters looks alright, but too old wooing a very young girl half his size... still, not so bad. It's a change to see him 'acting' instead of stand up, is funny in parts. Anupam Kher did well. check it out.

Back to top Go down

Re: the indian detective

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:43 pm

I watched it because I like his stand-up act. The strange Hindi accents were definitely off-putting. Lots of cliches as well, but it definitely had its funny moments. I thought both Shatner and Kher could have done a lot more but their roles weren't meaty enough.
Idéfix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am

yeah i was expecting Kher to deliver more punches, considering how the dad featured so much in the stand ups. Let's see if there's a season 2...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down