Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oye oye

Go down

oye oye Empty oye oye

Post by Guest Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 am

when we were in school here near NYC, we went to NYC for an outing one night. A bunch of us 22-24 year olds. I think it was 5-6 of us. It was me, my then boyfriend (now ex husband), a couple of friends, girls and boys, and a girl's boyfriend who was over from another state and school. We had a lot of fun in the city, without even drinking! Around midnight, by the time we proceeded towards Subway, it was a little bit deserted in the downtown area. While going down the stairs, we were a little loud. Something came over that girl (with the boyfriend), and she yelled out loud, 'OYE OYE', a couple of us followed with a little less loud, 'oye oye'.... there were a bunch of typical NYC dudes/thugs nearby, and one of them yelled back - OYE OUWA! lol, we giggled, coz we remembered that it's not an original Hindi song. But that out-of-state boyfriend suddenly went silent as if he'd smelled a snake, and hissed at her not to continue this duet with them. LOL. Luckily she listened, and we hurried out of there, still laughing. Would not have been a good idea to have those guys come after us lol. (This was in late-90s, the stories of being roughed up by NY gangs were still pretty fresh in people's minds)

Back to top Go down

oye oye Empty Re: oye oye

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 pm

You do have photogenic memory of past.

Around the same time in late 90s. I used to be a regular visitor to the local ISKCON temple on weekends. Mostly for dinner. But yes, since I was so regular, everyone recognized me there. I used to mop their floors before the Sunday dinner started.

One of these days, I went and some white lady was visiting. She was supposedly some "higher up" in the chain of their ISKCON consciousness, and was preaching. I listened, had absolutely NO CLUE, what is written in Gita.

Something she said, about re-incarnation, and I raised my hand - "What is the point if you do not remember what you were in previous birth, or dont know who or what you will be in next?" - Why even "bother"?

Before she could reply, the priest (an African American male), next to the statues came out to the bars (the temple was still not open) - and shouted - "Let me reply to that!".

Taken by a bit of surprise, everyone including me, looked at him.

His reply? - "If you remembered everything from your past, you'd go crazy! So, be thankful to Krishna that He made you a forgetful human being!"

Why am I telling this?

Because - I see it as a lesson to NOT be LOST in PAST - learn from it, and move on.

This incident, and another when I was kidnapped from Marriott hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with my hands tied, mouth taped, and a gun to my head...to last for next 2 hours, FBI case for attempted murder, is ALL I remember photogenically in my own life. My daughter was 3 years old then, and my son not even born.

Best wishes,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

dunno why people call me odd, or lecture me just coz i happen to have a memory. Which btw is not even that good, meaning i am always corrected by
people at home for having an awful memory. it's just that i sometimes hesitate to talk about my current events coz i am superstitious i will jinx it.

and Shocked ... you were kidnapped and fbi made a case of your attempted murder? Did they punish the perpetrators?

i have a lot of fears in life, but somehow i have never feared i would be kidnapped. maybe coz i think the kidnappers will underestimate how much i weigh and this will make them abort the mission and kill me or something before running away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

ok maybe i shouldn't be talking and joking about my own fears right after you replayed [what i think is] a traumatic event in your memory, so i apologize for that. if i were you, i would be forever looking around when entering/exiting any building. Just the other day i sliced deep through my finger when chopping figs, and i still think i will do that (cut myself) e'time i chop anything. then i have to buck myself up - 'you are a surgeon's daughter, you cannot be fearing knives', 'you are a homemaker, you can't give up cooking for life', and such similar pep talk. But i mean, ... ok i have blabbered enough [again about myself]. back to work Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum