Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone done affidavit in indian embassy?

2 posters

Go down

anyone done affidavit in indian embassy? Empty anyone done affidavit in indian embassy?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:02 am

for registry, power of attorney, stuff like that... basically a document that will be recognized in India

Back to top Go down

anyone done affidavit in indian embassy? Empty Re: anyone done affidavit in indian embassy?

Post by Kris Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm

I have done quite a few. Find out from the institution if they can give you a sample draft. If it is a bank, they will have a template. If it is a govt agency, have a lawyer draft one tailored to the specific need. There are also broad powers of attorney. One of my brothers has the ability to act on my behalf on financial transactions. Despite that, the bank I was dealing with insisted that I execute one specifically for them for the purpose of just accepting docs after phayoff is a mortgage loan. I decided not to argue and went ahead and did it. You will need to likely get it notarized here

Kris

Back to top Go down

anyone done affidavit in indian embassy? Empty Re: anyone done affidavit in indian embassy?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Kris wrote:I have done quite a few. Find out from the institution if they can give you a sample draft. If it is a bank, they will have a template. If it is a govt agency, have a lawyer draft one tailored to the specific need. There are also broad powers of attorney. One of my brothers has the ability to act on my behalf on financial transactions. Despite that, the bank I was dealing with insisted that I execute one specifically for them for the purpose of just accepting docs after phayoff is a mortgage loan. I decided not to argue and went ahead and did it. You will need to likely get it notarized here

thanks! Need to figure this out coz i am not going to india anytime soon...

i have told my kids, i am never buying a car again. will lease for 3 years and replace. no tension. Same way, not exactly planning to own a house again, after i sell this one. Always rent. that way whenever i die, they'll just need to sort out my furniture and clothes. regarding jewelry and all, if I don't give it away soon enough, will put it all in a locker with a note of who gets what, and money (teeheeheehee) if I have any, will put it in separate accounts with each one as a named beneficiary. Simbel. I know it will be shameful to be splitting like 1000 dollars, but i mean, the hassles they will save...

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:03 am

This is not how protecting your loved ones work, Ras-vada.

First thing you do is take a $1M insurance.

In United States, given you are a US citizen and not Indian, prepare a Will, not for money (that will be given to your immediate kin by default, though you can make it easier), but for the custody of your children.

For NRI US citizens, if both parents die in a plane crash, the kids might be given to an unknown family in foster care than to their uncle/aunts/g-parents in India (since none of them have a SSN).

For your kids sake, declare who you want your kids to be with, just in case.

random necessities of life, for a responsible parent,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

i am not sure, need to check, but I think since my older kid is now an adult, she will be able to adopt/care for the younger one if he's still a minor in the scenario of both XH and I kicking the bucket (it may most likely not be together coz i rarely move with XH these days, but we can both possibly die in next 5 years, who knows) ... besides, we both have close family in the US, so won't they get a chance to take them?

Oh ya forgot about life insurance. Them are the beneficiaries... this FA I bought the life insurance policy from, kinda talked me into buying an extra [what's the name] policy, so that, loosely speaking, it will start paying back in some time, and that will be enough to cover my increasing premiums with age. But what I was thinking was, when we both bought these insurances, the amount was enough to cover the payoff of the house in case one of us dies while we still own that house. So, if i am planning to sell my house, and never buying again, what will i need life insurance for, and why will I pay hefty premiums for it? Maybe if I am sick for a long time, they will be able to meet all the costs after I pass away? Not sure how it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down