Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One less...

Go down

One less... Empty One less...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

One less... Empty Re: One less...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/us/gun-owners-destroy-guns/index.html

Amanda Meyer grew up around guns. She took a hunter safety class in her hometown in Iowa when she was 14 and her parents emphasized proper gun handling from a very early age.
Now, as an adult living in New Haven, Connecticut, she has decided to saw into two pieces her 40-caliber Sig Sauer P229 handgun in the wake of the latest school shooting in Florida.
One of the first people to publicly take such a stance after the shooting was Ben Dickmann, a Florida resident who handed over his rifle, an AR-57, to the Broward County Sheriff's Office in Tamarac.
"I am a responsible, highly trained gun owner. (I am NOT a Police Officer or Sheriff's Deputy). However I do not need this rifle. No one without a law enforcement badge needs this rifle," he said in his Facebook post.
Pappalardo says he is a "firm believer" in the Second Amendment -- he even has it tattooed on his arm -- but wonders whether owning such a weapon is "more important than someone's life."
"I mean, look at the pictures of those victims. Is that right more important?" he asks. "I don't think so, so I'm gonna make sure that will never happen with my weapon."
His video inspired Jonah Manning, a medical and rescue technician from Leavenworth, Washington, to do the same.
On Monday, he posted on Facebook a photo of his Beretta .380 sawed in two.

"I've been a hunter and a gun owner since I was 7,8, or 9 years old. But I don't use a handgun for hunting. So I've been uncertain of why I have it, what I should do with it for a long time," he told CNN.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum