Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs

4 posters

Go down

Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs Empty Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:20 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-43581122
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs Empty Re: Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:25 am

Hyderabad: 11%
They don't state the methodology, sample size or margin of error of the study, but I would bet the actual percentage of vegetarians in Hyderabad is lower. I would expect it to be in the Kolkata-Chennai range from the study.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs Empty Re: Apparently it isn't the Gujjus, but the MP wallahs

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 am

Idéfix wrote:
Hyderabad: 11%
They don't state the methodology, sample size or margin of error of the study, but I would bet the actual percentage of vegetarians in Hyderabad is lower. I would expect it to be in the Kolkata-Chennai range from the study.
https://thewire.in/food/india-food-eating-vegetarianism
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:41 am

I often wonder - What % of Hindus are vegetarians?

Almost everyone I meet from AP, Kerala, Bengal, NI are not.

Only from TN, I encounter some.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:16 am

I don't know why Tamilians have an unwarranted reputation as vegetarians. Very odd considering that surveys clearly show that Chennai and the rest of TN score low on vegetarianism. And yet the myth persists among other Indians. I think it's because Tambrahms were some of the first urban migrants in India and most people's first encounter with a Tamilian was with a Tambrahm. And they of course tended to be really hardcore about their vegetarianism.

Those of us who grew up in TN of course know it to be quite omnivorous.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down