Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NorthIndians

2 posters

Go down

NorthIndians Empty NorthIndians

Post by southindian Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:13 am

NorthIndians never cease to influence bad behavior in the innocent.

NorthIndian influence
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

NorthIndians Empty Re: NorthIndians

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:50 am

Carnatic music, et tu?!!

commendable move. can't believe any such thing happening even 5 years ago. I do believe most of these cases are true, else men, who know they can be easily accused wrongly won't take such a harsh stands against other men so quickly. I guess these things don't stay hidden for too long, so people [in the industry] must have known it all along. e.g. higher ups in sony network must have known all along about Anu Malik's behavior, just that the pressure like this probably never came before. any complaints must have been  handled as isolated incidents and dealt with privately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:45 am

southindian wrote:NorthIndians never cease to influence bad behavior in the innocent.

NorthIndian influence
I’ve been vocal about this on these forums looong before the #metoo movement. Yes, sexual harassment and abuse of women is rampant in India, especially in big cities. Nobody talked about it out of shame. I was able to do it only because it was online and I was anonymous. The courage to talk about it came from that.

And it was a slap on the face when a language and regional fanatic here pooh pooh’ed it and claimed with authority that such things don’t exist in the south and that they are only the doings of the northies. That was enraging as hell to me.  I mean, seriously? Don’t bring in your biases to such issues.

That said, i felt more unsafe in the north (on my visit there, esp UP) than the south. It was more rampant there (touching women inappropriately in public) than the south. Northies are more of a jerks than the southies. But that doesn’t mean deny the happenings in the south totally. 

The #metoo movement is good. Because of that, women can now feel that they have got some support and understanding. They feel confident to talk about it and won’t tolerate any such things in future. It was all taken in with shame, humiliation, anger and cynicism before. Not any more and it’s all good. BUT, it’s also a double edged sword. Hope it doesn’t go to the other extreme. Not all men are jerks and not all women are sweet and innocent. There are gentlemen among men and bit*hes among women. Hope such women do not resort to false allegations of innocent men. People are taking such allegations so seriously now that one such allegation can ruin any man’s life and reputation. And that’s not nice and fair. Hope there’ll be some fairness and balance and the movement doesn’t go haywire.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:Carnatic music, et tu?!!

commendable move. can't believe any such thing happening even 5 years ago. I do believe most of these cases are true, else men, who know they can be easily accused wrongly won't take such a harsh stands against other men so quickly. I guess these things don't stay hidden for too long, so people [in the industry] must have known it all along. e.g. higher ups in sony network must have known all along about Anu Malik's behavior, just that the pressure like this probably never came before. any complaints must have been  handled as isolated incidents and dealt with privately.
Whaaaat na? Carnatic music men players don't have dicks that can storm vestis? Smile

And people who think vestis are more pious than lungis, want to live in make believe world. They should send their daughters to public buses in chennai to let them have a 'feel of the south'.

I am just surprised that Indian origin folks are surprised by #MeToo complaints which is not even 2% of what happens in India (South and North and East and West and the middle and the rest).
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 pm

hmm..
The OP shows at least 3 known percussionists/mridhangham players, but I have never come across a single popular carnatic music concert wherein women played mridhangham.

It is intriguing how these guys got/constructed opportunities to commit the alleged metoo wrongs - unless they teach other instruments or vocal singing to females - some do.

looks like the replicator genes seem to override and dominate, at least among males.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down