Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a good person

3 posters

Go down

a good person Empty a good person

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:04 pm

this is what i have wondered often about some people

a good person 99d256f737ff78642c636f717d00c35d

Back to top Go down

a good person Empty Re: a good person

Post by southindian Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:27 am

No one can blame this about me. I never pretended to be a good person.... The funny part is, I may still be a bad person.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 am

i think very few people in this world can be categorically called good or bad. all the rest of us have our aspects. i know for sure i have been very bad to some people, even though it was not always on purpose, and i know i have been good to some. Depending on who's talking, i am a devil or an angel, heh.

I also remember reading somewhere that when a toxic person can no longer control you, they try to control how others see you. and these kind of people get my goat. When you know someone is a good person overall, but this other not-so-holy person keeps telling everyone how they are bad. And the worst part is that this so-called-bad-person quietly takes all the abuse and still shows up in time of need! Just last night xh had to calm me down after I had said the b-word one time too many... God knows who really is a bad person here. 1 for talking nonsense, 2 for taking nonsense, or me for getting wrapped up in the drama and getting pissed at BOTH of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Nonsense. Pretending is easier. Less effort. Less time consuming. If being a good person was easier or equally time consuming, people would be doing that. That’s why people pretend.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:05 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:i think very few people in this world can be categorically called good or bad. all the rest of us have our aspects. i know for sure i have been very bad to some people, even though it was not always on purpose, and i know i have been good to some. Depending on who's talking, i am a devil or an angel, heh.

I also remember reading somewhere that when a toxic person can no longer control you, they try to control how others see you. and these kind of people get my goat. When you know someone is a good person overall, but this other not-so-holy person keeps telling everyone how they are bad. And the worst part is that this so-called-bad-person quietly takes all the abuse and still shows up in time of need! Just last night xh had to calm me down after I had said the b-word one time too many... God knows who really is a bad person here. 1 for talking nonsense, 2 for taking nonsense, or me for getting wrapped up in the drama and getting pissed at BOTH of them.
No one is bad. All dramaqueens in this narrative. What you posted doesn’t sound like it’s about good bad.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 pm

seven wrote:
rasāsvāda wrote:i think very few people in this world can be categorically called good or bad. all the rest of us have our aspects. i know for sure i have been very bad to some people, even though it was not always on purpose, and i know i have been good to some. Depending on who's talking, i am a devil or an angel, heh.

No one is bad. All dramaqueens in this narrative. What you posted doesn’t sound like it’s about good bad.

hmm drama, yes. but doesn't matter who's good or bad for real. what matters is when one (toxic) person keeps trying to tell you how another person is bad, especially when 1 - you don't agree and 2 - that other person doesn't say anything...

anyhoos, my life was always complicated. maybe I make it so. maybe it's coz I never make a clean cut. I think my life would be much simpler if I turned all the grays into black and white. but then, I am already 45. drama will probably stay with me for life, while I keep trying to find that perfect sweet spot  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Yes, whoever badmouths gets to be the bad guy. Even if they are the victim. If you are pointing out bad in others, you come across as the bad guy that no one wants to associate with.
I know your example is opposite. In that the person badmouthing is bad. Ofcoz the act of complaining/ bad mouthing will make them the bad guy (and they happen to to be the bad guy also). 
Yes, I think drama will stay with you. Thinking black n white will simplify things is a dramatic solution/ reaction to a simple situation. On a different note, gray is simpler. Black n white is drama. You see more contrast.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:54 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content