Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if you love something...

2 posters

Go down

if you love something...  Empty if you love something...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Recently binged on a few seasons of The Office (USA), and like i always do, stalked a little bit on most of the cast to see what they are upto. Stumbled upon BJ Novak quoting this in the Ellen's show, and found it to have a strangely peaceful effect. Have heard of this notion many times in different context, this is just worded more wittily. But always, this idea of letting go makes so many stressful situations, especially work related, so much better.

https://twitter.com/bjnovak/status/151933233817321472

https://youtu.be/xQ1Yy0kjvjA?t=310

If you love something, let it go. If you don't love something, definitely let it go. Basically just drop everything, who cares

Back to top Go down

if you love something...  Empty Re: if you love something...

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:43 am

In other words, early adaptation of vanaprashta-ashrama

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 am

confuzzled dude wrote:In other words, early adaptation of vanaprashta-ashrama

i tell my kids often that once they are done with education i am going away to the Himalayas, don't come looking for me for 'sign this sign that' (I don't know why they NEVER go to the dad for signing school or medical or any frikking form). and i annoy them by pronouncing as heemaaleyaas. And they are like, 'you are indian, why are you calling it like that'. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm

I remember this poster from back in the day. It had a picture of a bird being released.
“If you love something set it free. If it doesn’t
come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.”

My room was full of posters back then, so didn’t buy it. The one that I still remember gad Murphy’s law in it, with a footnote
“Murphy was an optimist” Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:25 pm

lol... i have set quite a few birds free in my life. They all came back, i now have more birds than i can handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 pm

sulu wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:In other words, early adaptation of vanaprashta-ashrama

i tell my kids often that once they are done with education i am going away to the Himalayas, don't come looking for me for 'sign this sign that' (I don't know why they NEVER go to the dad for signing school or medical or any frikking form). and i annoy them by pronouncing as heemaaleyaas. And they are like, 'you are indian, why are you calling it like that'. lol
may be you sign without querying them; my kids prefer me over their mother for that very reason.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down