Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chupchap

Go down

chupchap Empty chupchap

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2019 9:29 am

so messed up. i heard now they have help lines there. Wish they are working. 

Back to top Go down

chupchap Empty Re: chupchap

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Watched this a few weeks ago, looks like nothing has changed since Nirbhaya times other than Netflix exploiting such tragedies for making profits.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2019 8:22 am

yeah much hasn't changed coz of the attitude towards rape in india, 'izzat lut gayi', 'no longer worthy of another man now'. the attitude of the husband annoyed me the most. In the end, it's all about, 'i will still love you like before', as if that was ever under question after this incidence. As if her izzat is ok to be lost coz she has a 'loving' husband, and this case will cause 'troubles' for the daughter. wth, what about the violence? They first need to start calling it balatkar and not izzat lutna. 

Secondly, yeah, criminals are the one in the wrong here, not the victims, but still the two have coexisted since forever, and hence caution is always required. in real life i have never been in a situation where someone will say, 'meet me there'. they all say, 'stay put i'm coming over' or 'don't go alone i will drop you', if the location or time is unsafe. For that matter, i myself tell others the same thing. And this is not about rape alone. There are all kinds of dangers in all parts of the world. But ok while this part made me upset all through the movie, i get it, they had to show that they were in panic mode and hence lost their rational thinking. 

Lastly, movies is a strong medium. They can do a lot more things for profit, and such movies are less profit, they still make it. I would never diss on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 19, 2019 7:22 pm

sulu wrote:yeah much hasn't changed coz of the attitude towards rape in india, 'izzat lut gayi', 'no longer worthy of another man now'. the attitude of the husband annoyed me the most. In the end, it's all about, 'i will still love you like before', as if that was ever under question after this incidence. As if her izzat is ok to be lost coz she has a 'loving' husband, and this case will cause 'troubles' for the daughter. wth, what about the violence? They first need to start calling it balatkar and not izzat lutna. 

Secondly, yeah, criminals are the one in the wrong here, not the victims, but still the two have coexisted since forever, and hence caution is always required. in real life i have never been in a situation where someone will say, 'meet me there'. they all say, 'stay put i'm coming over' or 'don't go alone i will drop you', if the location or time is unsafe. For that matter, i myself tell others the same thing. And this is not about rape alone. There are all kinds of dangers in all parts of the world. But ok while this part made me upset all through the movie, i get it, they had to show that they were in panic mode and hence lost their rational thinking. 

Lastly, movies is a strong medium. They can do a lot more things for profit, and such movies are less profit, they still make it. I would never diss on them.
Speaking of 'izzat', toilets provided through swatch bharat program are called izzat ghar, based on central govt's directive.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum