Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seva Ji [Spirituality]

2 posters

Go down

Seva Ji [Spirituality] Empty Seva Ji [Spirituality]

Post by Huzefa Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 am

Do you just know a lot about Vedas or do you practice spirituality as well?

I have met seers and gurus and they all say that enlightenment (spirituality) does not come with knowledge alone. Many say that knowledge is useless without practise. They say, to truly understand what is prescribed in the Vedas, practise of the methods written in the Vedas and Sutras is more important.

If you practise, do share your experiences of practise. 

Or do you consider yourself more of a pedant in a sanskrit department of a University?

Huzefa

Back to top Go down

Seva Ji [Spirituality] Empty Re: Seva Ji [Spirituality]

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:08 pm

I know a lot about Vedas and other ancient Hindu texts because I read them aplenty, sometimes over and over again, when I had nothing better to do during long stretches of time while looking for new jobs / assignments, starting in early 1980s.

Moreover, when Internet arrived about a quarter of century ago and it became possible for people like myself to write and post blogs, I starting doing the same (write articles / blogs) based on my acquired knowledge in Vedas and related to Hinduism.

I am quite different from the religious gurus and spiritualists and also from college / university professors and teachers; I don't have any disciples or students. My approach in blogging is to impart and bring to attention the information, whoever might read and use it, as accurately and objectively as possible and free of cost, without any expectation or promise of a personal benefit.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Huzefa Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:I know a lot about Vedas and other ancient Hindu texts because I read them aplenty, sometimes over and over again, when I had nothing better to do during long stretches of time while looking for new jobs / assignments, starting in early 1980s.

Moreover, when Internet arrived about a quarter of century ago and it became possible for people like myself to write and post blogs, I starting doing the same (write articles / blogs) based on my acquired knowledge in Vedas and related to Hinduism.

I am quite different from the religious gurus and spiritualists and also from college / university professors and teachers; I don't have any disciples or students. My approach in blogging is to impart and bring to attention the information, whoever might read and use it, as accurately and objectively as possible and free of cost, without any expectation or promise of a personal benefit.

Appreciate the detailed response Sir. I won't ask the same question of you again.

Huzefa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down