Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashdoc's TV serial review---Devon ke dev mahadev !!

Go down

Ashdoc's TV serial review---Devon ke dev mahadev !! Empty Ashdoc's TV serial review---Devon ke dev mahadev !!

Post by ashdoc Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 am

I have watched about 38 episodes and I like it already...

Rich and vibrant in colours , with grand sets and scintillating music that touches your heart , is presented a myth and legend of the land that is India.....

I never realised that ancient tales of our land and culture could be so beautifully presented on celluloid Cool

And it rekindled my interest in hindu mythology like never before.....

When I was a child my grandmother used to narrate stories from puranas to me religiously every night . And I used to listen with rapt attention---thats because she had a gift of a storyteller.....

After a long time I got interested in hindu mythology again---thanks to this serial.....

I hope the story of sati and shiva has a happy ending....I really hope so.....

AAAAHHH sati.....so lovely , frail , delicate , fair , soft.....

Bhagwan Shiv should forgive me for dreaming about his consort at nights lately ......actually I am dreaming about that actress......I dont even know her name....

In fact all the women in the serial are so goodlooking---with such tender skin.....

And their clothes partially exposing them....

Did our women really wear such clothes during that era ??....Oh , I wish I was born then.....

But leaving aside matters of passion.....I have never been so proud of being a hindu Smile

Such fantastic stories our culture invented during that era

All rich in eternal wisdom of the ancients.....

Stories of love , betrayal , hate , revenge and anger and above all the search for truth....

Stories that would put both hollywood and bollywood to shame.....

Oh , I love my land and its people.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the midst of celebrations of vasant utsav in sati's household arrives madanike , who is a prostitute......

and the amazing thing is that madanike is allowed to roam about among the respectable ladies of the house !! in fact , she is welcomed by the ladies with utmost respect and daksh parajapati to accepts her entry into the house .

so prostitutes had their own place in society during those times , and were accepted as part of it . madanike actually takes part in the celebrations of vasant utsav in daksh parajapati's household .

in fact ,the freedom enjoyed by women during those times would be the envy of todays women , especially in north india .

no purdah or ghoonghat.....
in fact , clothes which are quite exposing......
freedom to go alone anywhere....
freedom to mix among men not of one's household......

whatever happened that women became enslaved in ghoonghat later....??
i guess it must be the effect of the islamic invasions and the need to hide women from the prying eyes of invaders , what else......

and the god of fallen women like madanike is our very own shiv---for he alone is capable of showing the largeheartedness to accept the prayers of fallen women like her.....

he is not bound by laws of society and does not live according to its rigid rules. for him , a prostitute is the same as a respectable lady ; prayers of both are equal to him....

on the other hand , vishnu is bound by rules of society ; rules which indeed , he is oath bound to preserve and therefore prostitutes like madanike dont pray to him.....

all of which makes shiv the much more endearing god.....

i have become his fan lately......

in fact ,if somebody proves that he really exists , i will pray to him......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The good thing about these pauranic serials is that the hindi is pure and not urdu-laced or punjabi laced like in films nowadays

Must watch these serials to brush up my hindi .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down