Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert)

2 posters

Go down

Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert) Empty Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert)

Post by Petrichor Wed May 16, 2012 11:15 am

I will take 2.5 weeks off without worrying how my boss would take the news. Thankfully, I don't have to spend the 3 weeks worrying if my job will still be around when I returned. Shall have the pleasure of the warm and sultry air blowing into my face as I step out of the air bridge into a phenoil-drenched 2 AM hallway to face a burly moustachioed tamil immigration officer (I hear there are also pretty ladies in pink these days) peering suspiciously at my many visas. Will emerge into the chennai night with throngs of pearly toothed dark faces smiling broadly and waiting for their redemptions emerging with suitcases. Will then ride the next 30 minutes in an awkwardly shaped ambassador with halogen lamps lighting up posters of local politicians and cut outs of Vikram, Ajith, Vijay competing for space with Vijaykanth and the likes. I shall wake up at 5, go for walks in the park, or beach, and take siestas in the afternoon. I shall see two movies in the plushest recliners money can buy in Chennai theaters, visit American Center for old times' sakes, and see if PUCL is still active. Will definitely slurp on tender coconuts - accompany on simple shopping trips to street-side vegetable vendors. I shall see a couple of tamil dramas or moderately spiritual "all are welcome" events in vani mahal with the folks and delight in the simple pleasures of walking on the recently dug up streets and negotiating the over-spilling mass transit buses. I shall buy tons of stuff at grand sweets and snacks.

May be do a trip to Ooty and Thanjavur and get a read on the tier-B revolution. Best of all, it will be a reunion after more than 10 years.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert) Empty Re: Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert)

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 2:38 am

Pls visit Coimbatore on the way to Ooty, if you can. Don't know what Tier it is but, dayyum...changes changes...

Back to top Go down

Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert) Empty Re: Advance review of the season called Summer (spoiler-alert)

Post by Kumarg Sat May 19, 2012 1:20 am

atcg wrote:I will take 2.5 weeks off without worrying how my boss would take the news. Thankfully, I don't have to spend the 3 weeks worrying if my job will still be around when I returned.

Why do you usually worry if your job will still be around after 3 weeks? Do they just fire people in your company for taking time off just like that?

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sat May 19, 2012 11:18 am

Nah...I was resurrecting a post I had made a few years ago when I had taken a wrong career turn, just modified some bits and reposted here. That was the time Lehman had gone under and things were 'iffy' in our sector.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down