Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by Obnoxious on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 pm


Obnoxious

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by indophile on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Sripada Pinakapani moulded 4 excellent singers -- Voleti Venkateswarlu, Nedunuri Krishnamurthy, Srirangam Gopalaratnam, Nookala Chinasatyanarayana.

Of these, I've heard Nedunuri Krishnamurthy and Nookala Chinasatyanarayana live in concerts here, Voleti died long time ago, and so did Gopalaratnam. I wonder when singers of such caliber would show up in the Carnatic music scene again. Pantula Rama comes close, but we still will have to wait and see.

indophile

Posts : 4338
Join date : 2011-04-29
Location : Glenn Dale, MD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by Obnoxious on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm

indophile wrote:Sripada Pinakapani moulded 4 excellent singers -- Voleti Venkateswarlu, Nedunuri Krishnamurthy, Srirangam Gopalaratnam, Nookala Chinasatyanarayana.

Of these, I've heard Nedunuri Krishnamurthy and Nookala Chinasatyanarayana live in concerts here, Voleti died long time ago, and so did Gopalaratnam. I wonder when singers of such caliber would show up in the Carnatic music scene again. Pantula Rama comes close, but we still will have to wait and see.

I have not heard Panthula Rama. I like Malladi brothers, though they have not scaled to their teacher's(Nedunuri) calibre. Voleti was married to my Dad's cousin. My grandmother was Voleti, so there may be a closer relation. Wink.

Obnoxious

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by indophile on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I have only 2 CDs of Voleti and just one of Gopalaratnam. Sai Susarla's site has some good stuff. It's a shame they both died young.

Pantula Rama is an up and coming singer. She is one of the very few singers out there whose voice can traverse all three octaves comfortably. And her Telugu and Sanskrit diction is perfect, which can be expected.

indophile

Posts : 4338
Join date : 2011-04-29
Location : Glenn Dale, MD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by Obnoxious on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm

indophile wrote:I have only 2 CDs of Voleti and just one of Gopalaratnam. Sai Susarla's site has some good stuff. It's a shame they both died young.

Pantula Rama is an up and coming singer. She is one of the very few singers out there whose voice can traverse all three octaves comfortably. And her Telugu and Sanskrit diction is perfect, which can be expected.

>>>>>>I do intend to check Rama out. Goapalratnam never got the recognition that she deserved.

Obnoxious

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by indophile on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:09 am

Here is Pantula Rama's wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantula_Rama

indophile

Posts : 4338
Join date : 2011-04-29
Location : Glenn Dale, MD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by Obnoxious on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 pm

indophile wrote:Here is Pantula Rama's wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantula_Rama

I just realized, I used to work with Rama's FIL at my first job. One of the nicest guys I have known.

Obnoxious

Posts : 752
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum