Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

2 posters

Go down

Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert Empty Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by Obnoxious Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert Empty Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy's concert

Post by indophile Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Sripada Pinakapani moulded 4 excellent singers -- Voleti Venkateswarlu, Nedunuri Krishnamurthy, Srirangam Gopalaratnam, Nookala Chinasatyanarayana.

Of these, I've heard Nedunuri Krishnamurthy and Nookala Chinasatyanarayana live in concerts here, Voleti died long time ago, and so did Gopalaratnam. I wonder when singers of such caliber would show up in the Carnatic music scene again. Pantula Rama comes close, but we still will have to wait and see.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm

indophile wrote:Sripada Pinakapani moulded 4 excellent singers -- Voleti Venkateswarlu, Nedunuri Krishnamurthy, Srirangam Gopalaratnam, Nookala Chinasatyanarayana.

Of these, I've heard Nedunuri Krishnamurthy and Nookala Chinasatyanarayana live in concerts here, Voleti died long time ago, and so did Gopalaratnam. I wonder when singers of such caliber would show up in the Carnatic music scene again. Pantula Rama comes close, but we still will have to wait and see.

I have not heard Panthula Rama. I like Malladi brothers, though they have not scaled to their teacher's(Nedunuri) calibre. Voleti was married to my Dad's cousin. My grandmother was Voleti, so there may be a closer relation. Wink.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I have only 2 CDs of Voleti and just one of Gopalaratnam. Sai Susarla's site has some good stuff. It's a shame they both died young.

Pantula Rama is an up and coming singer. She is one of the very few singers out there whose voice can traverse all three octaves comfortably. And her Telugu and Sanskrit diction is perfect, which can be expected.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm

indophile wrote:I have only 2 CDs of Voleti and just one of Gopalaratnam. Sai Susarla's site has some good stuff. It's a shame they both died young.

Pantula Rama is an up and coming singer. She is one of the very few singers out there whose voice can traverse all three octaves comfortably. And her Telugu and Sanskrit diction is perfect, which can be expected.

>>>>>>I do intend to check Rama out. Goapalratnam never got the recognition that she deserved.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:09 am

Here is Pantula Rama's wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantula_Rama

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 pm

indophile wrote:Here is Pantula Rama's wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantula_Rama

I just realized, I used to work with Rama's FIL at my first job. One of the nicest guys I have known.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down