Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends

5 posters

Go down

Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends Empty Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm

We were asked by my brother to sponsor visitor visas for his very good friends. The friend already has a US visa. We got to sponsor for his wife and son. All we have to do is send the necessary papers/documents. We don't need to spend a penny on them. They are going to take care of all their expenses. Is it ok to do it? Any cons?

Back to top Go down

Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends Empty Re: Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:29 pm

kinnera wrote:We were asked by my brother to sponsor visitor visas for his very good friends. The friend already has a US visa. We got to sponsor for his wife and son. All we have to do is send the necessary papers/documents. We don't need to spend a penny on them. They are going to take care of all their expenses. Is it ok to do it? Any cons?
I have done this for friends who were going to visit us on their trips here. I wasn't contacted by the consulates in India. I don't see any cons from doing this. Of course, the people you are sponsoring should know about you well, just in case they ask about you folks in the interview. If they don't and fumble in response to such a question, their visa will be rejected but I don't see any down side to you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends Empty Re: Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I suggest checking medical and emergency responsibilities. If you trust them it should be no different than sponsoring relatives.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

truthbetold wrote: I suggest checking medical and emergency responsibilities.
For that, you should have them purchase travel medical insurance, which is pretty cheap. I usually get that for around $100 a month for two people.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

That amount changes with age i assume. Can you provide any contact information?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes, it does. Here is the provider I have used when traveling overseas (and I know my friends used it when traveling to the US.)

http://www.hccmis.com/atlas-travel-insurance/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks to you both. Glad to know that it is fine. Yes, we'll pass on the info about medical insurance. Thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:54 pm

panini press wrote:Yes, it does. Here is the provider I have used when traveling overseas (and I know my friends used it when traveling to the US.)

Has the insurance been "tested"? Any direct or indirect experience with claims?
By the way, are there claims to payout ratios published database or ratings for such operators?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:01 pm

>>------"Summa Iru"-----

Is that higher or lower than summa cum laude?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 pm

atcg wrote:
panini press wrote:Yes, it does. Here is the provider I have used when traveling overseas (and I know my friends used it when traveling to the US.)

Has the insurance been "tested"? Any direct or indirect experience with claims?
By the way, are there claims to payout ratios published database or ratings for such operators?
No idea. My parents filed a claim once and were paid within a month.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 pm

kinnera wrote:We were asked by my brother to sponsor visitor visas for his very good friends. The friend already has a US visa. We got to sponsor for his wife and son. All we have to do is send the necessary papers/documents. We don't need to spend a penny on them. They are going to take care of all their expenses. Is it ok to do it? Any cons?

If those friends are less than 40 yrs of age, you can safely send the supporting form. Of course, things can still go wrong. But, I have never heard hospitals going after sponsors for non-payment.

In anycase, if you dont sponsor, you will become the baddest Gult in Madras.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

If those friends are less than 40 yrs of age, you can safely send the supporting form. Of course, things can still go wrong. But, I have never heard hospitals going after sponsors for non-payment.

No, both are in their 40s with a college bound son next yr or so. They travel a lot, usually to Europe. So, they shld be aware of the importance of taking a good medical insurance.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:In anycase, if you dont sponsor, you will become the baddest Gult in Madras.

LOL! yeah, they are tamilian. No, we don't want to seem like bad gults to our tamilian brethren. Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 am

atcg wrote:>>------"Summa Iru"-----

Smile. It is much much higher than that. At that state, you probably don't care what kind of cum laude you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:14 am

kinnera wrote:

Smile. It is much much higher than that. At that state, you probably don't care what kind of cum laude you are.

rofl
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Sponsoring for a visitor visa for friends 3077217049

Shhhh....summane iru

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:10 am

kinnera wrote:

Totally, my state of mind!
cum laude <giggle giggle>

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 am

Md and atcg. Are you guys laughing for what I think you are laughing? Dirty minds!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:Md and atcg. Are you guys laughing for what I think you are laughing? Dirty minds!!

"That's what she said!"

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 am

Grrr!!! what did i miss here? I sense something non-veg. ugh@all ur dirty minds, ppl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 am

kinnera wrote:Grrr!!! what did i miss here? I sense something non-veg. ugh@all ur dirty minds, ppl.

Kinny aunty, you're the only innocent here, god bless you. Don't let Nats and her dirty mind corrupt you.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down