Ek Tha Tiger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ek Tha Tiger

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 am

Loved the movie. Well made. Slick production. Good screenplay. Sometimes predictable suspense, but they still managed to keep you guessing and surprised many times. Good performances. Action, romance, drama, with right amount of comedy thrown in. A good watch overall. Guess you will like it even if you are not a Salman Khan fan. If you got any kids at home who enjoy action, take them too. Took sonny with me and he loved all of it. Good (and mostly believable) action scenes. And thank God they didn't put any matrix like action. Hate any movie which keeps them.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ek Tha Tiger

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:21 am

Wow. How do you get to watch movies on the day of their release in India??

Merlot Daruwala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:21 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow. How do you get to watch movies on the day of their release in India??

It got released here too today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 am

Wow. Didn't know Bollywood has simultaneous worldwide releases now.

Merlot Daruwala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow. Didn't know Bollywood has simultaneous worldwide releases now.

It's been so for ages, thanks to the Chopras and the Johars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:34 am

Oh ok. The last Hindi movie I saw in a movie hall was Dabangg which was quite an entertainer. I also saw Delhi Belly, but that was so un-Bollywoodish, I don't count it as a Hindi movie.

Merlot Daruwala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:44 am

that's a flattering review for a salman khan flick (released on an extended weekend -- monday might be eid). must watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:13 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow. Didn't know Bollywood has simultaneous worldwide releases now.

It's been so for ages, thanks to the Chopras and the Johars.

Why do chopras and johars deserve thanks?
these movies are distributed overseas us/uk by well established companies like Eros. Currently major hindi movies open on the first day of a bollywood release in about 20 major us cities. Locally they are bought at very high prices by NRI professionals.thank these movie buffs.

truthbetold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:16 am

As far as I know, yash copra became a distributor in the 90's. Not sure if they do international distribution too. Anyway, it's their movies which began doing these tie-ups that this started. Maybe Ghai played a role too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 am

watched it today. racy, fulltoo entertainment. thanks for the positive review nats that compelled me to watch it.

this movie is good inspiration for 47 yr old uncles like me. teach young ISI agents, of the opposite sex, how to pronounce chicken tangDi and see win-win! i think therre is plentiful opportunity in that pool across the border. pakistan here i come!

me: driver, karachi chalo. raste mein islamabad padega to waheen ruk jana. kuch din islamabad me thehr ke karachi chalenge

driver: laathi le leen ka bhaiya? budapa mein tohar pair damagawe lagal hai.

me: haan, le lo. budhapa to chah gaya hai. par dil to baccha hai na.

driver: uu to hai! tanik kacha bhi hai. *vroooooom*

me: driver, off to karachi! if islamabad falls on the way, halt there. we will camp in islamabad for a few days.

driver: should i take a walking stick too sahib? i notice you have started staggering a bit with age.

me: yes, carry one. age has taken its toll but the heart is still young, sigh.

driver: that is true! the heart is still tender too *vrooooom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm

http://movies.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/movies/ek-tha-tiger-by-kabir-khan.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Hellsangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:06 am

Indians and Pakistanis, the movie says, look alike, act alike and even spy alike
lol! rachel saltz

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:driver: laathi le leen ka bhaiya? budapa mein tohar pair dagmagawe lagal hai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top