Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wife

+4
truthbetold
Hellsangel
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Maria S
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

my wife - Page 3 Empty Re: my wife

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:ask me a specific Q about it, and i may.
here is a specific question: IS 1/4 LOW?
yes. the probability of at least one female, given that you have 2 children is 3/4. may i also remind you that you thought that the relevant probability was 1/2 - you mentioned that value in your post before this one! you're now waffling about whether 1/4 is low or not!

did you remember to thank whoever told you that it's 1/4?

1) calculating that bb in set of bb, gg, bg, gb is 1/4th is not rocket science. 1/4th is NOT low. you are bonkers;
2) it is actually 1/2 in MY case. you made that remark in reference to MY case. it is the ONLY way your question MUST be interpreted.

you LOSE on both counts. go and argue with a math professor as to why 1/4th is NOT considered low. stop wasting my time.

i was hoping you will come up with ambiguity in your defense: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox but you disappoint me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 am

I know some family, in which there is no girl in one entire generation. Meaning all 4-5 siblings had 2-3 boys each. I used to enter that house very carefully and slowly. Coz the moment I would enter, I would hear heavy feet running for shelter... yep, all boys chilling around in all states of nakedness...

I also had one friend, who lived in a multi family house with her uncle. The two brothers had 7 daughters between them, no son. Would have been 8, but one died of an accident at the age of 4. Entering that house felt like u have entered a forever party scene. Was so much fun.

And all this was in the 60's-70's. No u/s testing + abortions then. Go do ur probabilities now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm

oh, and also had many many friends who were just brothers or just sisters. numbering from 2 to 5 of them. In fact, I know as many homogenous sibling families as I know bro-sis families. All from my age group. So ya... there is no rule really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote: So ya... there is no rule really.

Exactly.

And it is dangerous to spread misinformation (about false probability)..people who are vulnerable may believe it and as I said, it leads to all kinds of family and societal problems.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3