Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition from a Kannadiga to declare all scheduled languages as official.

+4
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kayalvizhi
Ponniyin Selvan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Petition from a Kannadiga to declare all scheduled languages as official. - Page 2 Empty Re: Petition from a Kannadiga to declare all scheduled languages as official.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:the position of kannadigas on hindi will also change to become closer to mine, or at least closer to the tamilians', as the title of this thread indicates. thus far, northindians have considered kannadigas to be benign, manipulatable people who have no strong opinions; you'll soon find that that is not true.
yes, we know your position. you made your daughter learn hindi. or is it that baabi gave you no choice in this matter and like any meek, disfranchised, socially backward syrian christian, wed by an arranged marriage, you had no choice but to oblige?

Back to top Go down

Petition from a Kannadiga to declare all scheduled languages as official. - Page 2 Empty Re: Petition from a Kannadiga to declare all scheduled languages as official.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:‎ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ರಕ್ಷಣಾ ವೇದಿಕೆ - Karnataka Rakshana Vedike a pro kannada organization with over 65 lakh registered members across Karnataka has been protesting against the Hindi imposition over the past few years.

KRV(short form for Karnataka Rakshana Vedike) has been demanding for equality for all languages in the country. Tax payers money being misused for development of just one language doesn't respect the diversity of this country.
As every year, KRV has organized a protest tomorrow at the freedom park.
Date: 14th September 2012
Time: 11:00 AM

it is curious at first and amusing on second thoughts to note that PS (or else PS's source) has lifted words from the wikipedia entry on the KRV without attribution. The wikipedia entry clarifies that the KRV is not just opposed to hindi, it is also opposed to the promotion of the english language and has in the past blackened english sign boards in Karnataka. Secondly, the KRV has carried out several anti-Tamil protests in the past.

I would also like the state that the '65 lakh registered members' figure should be taken with a barrel of salt. for example, according to the the church of scientology it has 6-8 million registered members worldwide but according to independent observers and also recently defected senior church officials the correct figure is 20-40,000.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 am

http://allaboutbelgaum.com/news/krv-protests-against-celebration-of-hindi-day/

Karnataka Rakshana Vedike(KRV) today took out a protest and burnt an effigy of the central government against the celebration of the Hindi day and Hindi week in the state.

KRV says that because of the Hindi language Kannada language has faced injustice and this wont be tolerated any more. It opposed the use of Hindi in State offices.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:25 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:http://allaboutbelgaum.com/news/krv-protests-against-celebration-of-hindi-day/

Karnataka Rakshana Vedike(KRV) today took out a protest and burnt an effigy of the central government against the celebration of the Hindi day and Hindi week in the state.

KRV says that because of the Hindi language Kannada language has faced injustice and this wont be tolerated any more. It opposed the use of Hindi in State offices.

The question is this: Are Tamils a greater danger to Kannadigas according to Kannadiga nationalists or are north indians? i will point out that when i was working in bangalore (for several years) my tamil colleagues would invariably pack their bags and flee to Tamil Nadu for a couple of days whenever there was an anti-Tamil agitation. On the other hand, there was never any anti-north indian agitation in my several years in bangalore and i continued to go to work without any problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 am

Rashmun wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:http://allaboutbelgaum.com/news/krv-protests-against-celebration-of-hindi-day/

The question is this: Are Tamils a greater danger to Kannadigas according to Kannadiga nationalists or are north indians? i will point out that when i was working in bangalore (for several years) my tamil colleagues would invariably pack their bags and flee to Tamil Nadu for a couple of days whenever there was an anti-Tamil agitation. On the other hand, there was never any anti-north indian agitation in my several years in bangalore and i continued to go to work without any problem.

In 2008, KRV activists protested against the proposed Hogenakal water supply project.[13] by attacking cinema halls screening Tamil movies in Bangalore, and pulling down Tamil movie hoardings and banners. They shouted slogans against Tamil Nadu and M. Karunanidhi (the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu).[14]
The KRV also threatened to burn Tamil Nadu buses in the State, to use force to stall screening of Tamil movies in Bangalore city and forced television cable operators to stop airing Tamil channels as a protest against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi's recent statements on the Hognekkal issue.[15][16][17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnataka_Rakshana_Vedike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:36 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:Karnataka Rakshana Vedike(KRV)
this ominously sounds like the itihas suraksha manch of gita hariharan's in times of seige. study

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 am

Let the poor Tamils be! Why is everyone ganging up on them?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

Hellsangel wrote:Let the poor Tamils be! Why is everyone ganging up on them?

tamils who proclaim kannadiga nationalists as some kind of heroes need to be put in their place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 am

he..he.. Smile There is a movement all over India gaining strength to ask for equal rights for all languages.

It does not matter, if Karnataka Rakshana Vedike takes different positions on different issues. I support Karnataka Rakshana Vedike and Maharashtra Navanirman Sena in their fights for Kannada and Marathi usage against Hindi imposition in their respective states.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:28 pm

hey ponni, what do you do for a life besides surfing fb? how old ure kids man? how's weather in aamchi chennai?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:05 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:hey ponni, what do you do for a life besides surfing fb? how old ure kids man? how's weather in aamchi chennai?
je je je
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:he..he.. Smile There is a movement all over India gaining strength to ask for equal rights for all languages.

It does not matter, if Karnataka Rakshana Vedike takes different positions on different issues. I support Karnataka Rakshana Vedike and Maharashtra Navanirman Sena in their fights for Kannada and Marathi usage against Hindi imposition in their respective states.

There are various cultural organizations promoting tamil, kannadiga, and marathi languages. why would you offer support to organizations which promote and support violence between Indians from different parts of India?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 am

PS,

Give a few names of these Kannadigas in facebook. I want to read their posts.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:53 am

i had also wanted to meet dagtar thanjai nalankilli in person. do you have his address? anyone? KV? do you mind sharing?

Rashmun complained that a Tamil "friend" could not talk to a watchman in Bangaluru because he dod not know Hindi.

Rashmun.
Problem is not the Tamil not knowing Hindi, it is the watchman not knowing Kannada (the local language). U did not say if the Tamil knew Kannada. He must. Otherwise he should get out of Bangaluru.

Dr. Thanjai Nalankilli wrkites,

"All employees who have to communicate with state residents, businesses and government must be proficient in the state official language (SOL). Those who cannot provide school certificates to prove that they studied the SOL at school shall be required to pass a language examination before appointment. Level of the examination shall be commensurate with job duties. Language examinations set up by the state government for its employees shall be used (See 2-2).

For example, a sales person or cashier of a store, hotel, restaurant, movie theater or other such businesses must be able to talk, read and write in the SOL. A bus or taxi driver must be able to talk to passengers in the SOL.

A construction worker must be able to talk to fellow workers and supervisors in the SOL. Failure to communicate with fellow workers and supervisors could affect safety at the construction site. It is up to the out-of-state worker to know the state language and not up to the local workers to learn the out-of-state language.

Doctors and nurses must have sufficient proficiency in the SOL for communication with patients. A scientist who works in a research laboratory need not have knowledge of SOL. An engineer who works exclusively in a design office need not have to know SOL but an engineer who works at a construction site must. "

Read the full article "Indian Official-National Language Policy --- A Comprehensive Programme to Protect Indian Languages (A Bill of Rights for Indian Languages)
by Thanjai Nalankilli
TAMIL TRIBUNE, August 2011 (ID. 2011-08-01)

This is the link
http://www.tamiltribune.com/11/0801.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:i had also wanted to meet dagtar thanjai nalankilli in person. do you have his address? anyone? KV? do you mind sharing?

Rashmun complained that a Tamil "friend" could not talk to a watchman in Bangaluru because he dod not know Hindi.

Rashmun.
Problem is not the Tamil not knowing Hindi, it is the watchman not knowing Kannada (the local language). U did not say if the Tamil knew Kannada. He must. Otherwise he should get out of Bangaluru.

none of the four tamils i worked with in Bangalore knew Kannada. All four had been born and brought up in TN. All of them would go to TN for 1-2 days when anti-Tamil protests would take place, and then subsequently return to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2