Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru

3 posters

Go down

Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru  Empty Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:11 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru  Empty Re: Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:57 am

Why under Food and Drink??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru  Empty Re: Why Religion and Conflict? - Sadhguru

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:24 pm

This "Sadguru" is interesting. I saw him when I was on a Manasarovar/Kailash yatra. (He arranges this trip every year for $$$$$. I didn't belong to his group.) After taking a dip in Manasarovar, while walking back to the shore, I saw him and asked, "which way is East" (so that I can do my sandhyavandanam facing East)? He just ignored me (I am sure he heard me). Then I asked his asst. who was following him. He showed me the direction.

Sadguru mahraj ji, in my view view, is a businessman. I spoke to some of his followers. They seem to believe in whatever he utters. I think Carvaka and Merlot should spend some $5000 and join the 'Sadguru' on a trip to Manasarovar/Mt. Kailash. They will not only listen to an extremely brilliant Sadhu maharaj ji but also get to see the type of accommodation he provides and experience how our ancestors (and Tibetans) did their "kaalakrityaas" in open places....! Basketball

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Forgot to add....

Merlot will also get a chance to see if Shiva looks like a "column of fire" (Seva) or a "Naaga" stuck in the mud (Merlot)!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 pm

I have seen quite a few videos of this Master and he is quite interesting. Though he claims his fees are for donations. And he insists that those who afford to pay should pay more! I heard areas near Manasarovar or nearby Chinese controlled areas are getting some facilities,roads,motels etc and within few years that area will be easy to reach/commute?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:50 am

FluteHolder:

We went through Kathmandu. The road from Jangmu (at Tibet-Nepal border) to Manasarovar is paved and good except for about 60 Km where it is gravel). The accommodation in Tibet is quite basic and not kept well (run by Han Chinese). We stayed at Nyalamu, Saga, Manasarovar & Darchen (almost all tourists taking this route use these places). Toilets are in horrible shape and you end up using the outdoors. Sadguru's groups use tents! Around Mt. Kailash, all groups live in tents. I was told that China is thinking of building infrastructure and hotels, etc. Apparently, India and Nepal offered to help build these but China refused. The Chinese in Tibet are not very friendly (they are actually rude). Tibetans tend to be meek. There are several check-posts and they are all manned by Chinese. I didn't like the local food.

Manasarovar lake is a special place (worshipped by Buddhists, the local tribe, Hindus and Jains). Mt. Kailash is also worshipped by all four groups. The locals prostate around Kailash and take 28 days to complete pradakshina - what a devotion! Darchen is a small village close to Mt. Kailash. In the morning, the locals prostrate towards the mountain.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:04 am

So VVPP unkil, what was your motivation to visit this godforsaken, inaccessible place? If you wanted to do your daily business in the outdoors, you could have done it at your village. And as for worshipping the lord, you could do it without stirring out of your home...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 am

Bhanja lal:

There is a large lake next to Manasarovar. To prove to chaddis that they are superstitious, you should take a dip in that lake (just like what an extremely brilliant character in Hindu mythology had done). Interestingly, Buddhists, the local tribe, Chaddis and Jains - all ignore that lake. You and Carvakavaka should jump into that lake! Very Happy

Your expression "godforsaken" is particularly interesting. In the puranas, Manasarovar is described as a place where Gods take a bath before sunrise and then visit Kailash. So, chaddis believe that it is not forsaken by Gods. Twisted Evil

Leaving all this aside, there is one great benefit!!! On high altitudes (above 4000 M), you won't be that hungry and simply have to trek. I lost some 10 pounds in 21 days!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down