Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ??

+2
truthbetold
ashdoc
6 posters

Go down

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Vote_lcap75%Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Vote_lcap25%Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Empty Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ??

Post by ashdoc Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:45 am

As polls are showing a spectacular Narendra Modi win in Gujarat , the thought turns towards one thing---are gujaratis the nations greatest patriots ??

Lets face one fact---Even if we accept that all religions have a place in a country , every nation has a core---an unflinching constituency that roots for the nation no matter what . Such a constituency usually does not include atheists . It consists of people who are believers in god , religion , country and flag . If one keeps political correctness aside , the truth emerges out---it consists of people belonging to the country's majority religion and culture , and above all it consists of people who have loyalty to that culture and religion , not aversion to it .

......And hinduism is the majority region of India and the fount of much of its culture . People believing in hinduism are the very core of this nation , its unflinching backers .

So naturally those who are voting for the party that espouses hindu interests , and voting for it regularly election after election are the greatest patriots....aren't they....??

Let me say that it is not easy to become like them . Other states like Maharashtra , UP , Bihar etc have hindu majority too , but caste differences come in the way of hindu unity . So its not easy to overcome these caste differences and unite as one---it takes extraordinary commitment to the nationalist cause to overcome these caste differences and unite for religion flag country......

....And only in Gujarat do we find people overcoming these differences and coming together again and again to stand up for the core religion and culture of the country .

So are they the greatest patriots ?......or at least the greatest nationalists ?

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Empty Re: Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ??

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:45 am

hindusthan times:

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Poll110

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Poll210

i voted yes.

Back to top Go down

Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ?? Empty Re: Are Gujaratis the nation's greatest patriots ??

Post by truthbetold Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 am

Bjp by itself will not win enough seats to form the central govt. other entities like shiv sena and jdu will refuse to support modi. Modi is no vajpayee. He will remain a strong force within bjp.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:05 am

i've never heard of a gujarati army officer or soldier. by contrast i know lots of sikhs and tamilians who serve.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i've never heard of a gujarati army officer or soldier. by contrast i know lots of sikhs and tamilians who serve.
have you have not heard of brigadier queen bee? or colonel nisha?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i've never heard of a gujarati army officer or soldier. by contrast i know lots of sikhs and tamilians who serve.
have you have not heard of brigadier queen bee? or colonel nisha?

i've heard of brigadier queen bee, but is the colonel a part time 007?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:30 am

yes. part time agent, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 am

It is a statement fraught with danger. By making that kind of stereotypical statements, you can set yourself up.

An European could say 'I have never heard of any Indian inventor. By contrast ....'

If you question the patriotism of Gujarathis by your standard of whether they are willing to join the armed forces then you cannot complain when a NI questions the patriotism of Tamilians for refusing to learn Hindi. Because that is the way he judges whether someone is patriotic or not.

You assume that a large percentage of people in India join armed forces out of patriotism.

Long back, one Tamil guy who was travelling by train to NI from Chennai asked his fellow passengers who were soldiers whether they joined the army out of patriotism. The army men who were from villages of Tamil Nadu answered 'we have to feed ourselves and our families, that is the reason we joined the army.' (vaiyuthhu pozhappukosaram thaan sendhom)

The man asked the kumudam editor whether the country can trust such men who joined the armed forces just to make a living.

Pat came the reply 'Absloutely. They were not putting on an act of patriotism. They were telling the truth' (vedam podaadhavarai nichhayamaaga nambalaam)

A gujarathi guy living in a slum in mumbai can turn around and say to you 'At least I did not leave my motherland like you, I am doing my best here even in this difficult environment of corruption and crowded conditions. Who are you judge me from far away siting in air conditioned home?'

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 am

Rishi wrote:
If you question the patriotism of Gujarathis by your standard of whether they are willing to join the armed forces then you cannot complain when a NI questions the patriotism of Tamilians for refusing to learn Hindi. Because that is the way he judges whether someone is patriotic or not.

huh? and i would question the sanity of someone who draws a moral equivalency between the willingness to put one's life on the line in the service of one's country, and the willingness to learn a particular language. but that's just me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 am

Rishi wrote:
A gujarathi guy living in a slum in mumbai can turn around and say to you 'At least I did not leave my motherland like you, I am doing my best here even in this difficult environment of corruption and crowded conditions. Who are you judge me from far away siting in air conditioned home?'

why is going through hardship in and of itself any indication of patriotism? i don't very much like people who self proclaim to be patriotic. i view them with a lot of suspicion. there are very few true patriots. those who serve in the armed forces certainly qualify.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am

IMO, One doesnot have to die/or put his life at risk to show patriotism; One can be enterprising and start/run successful businesses/financial markets and still be patriotic.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 am

On the contrary, I would vote Gujju Hindus as the most cowardly in India. They're so afraid of rape by Muslims after 8pm (like most CHaddis are) that they unfailingly rush to Modi-bhai's arms every election.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down