Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it cold where you are?

+4
Idéfix
nevada
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
8 posters

Go down

Is it cold where you are? Empty Is it cold where you are?

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:42 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/21/16619662-minnesota-shivers-as-wind-chill-nears-50-below-zero-new-england-braces-for-foot-of-snow
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Is it cold where you are? Empty Re: Is it cold where you are?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Chilly in the city here. But was fun walking total 3+ miles through midtown, and eating at an old fave mexican place. Glad I wore my winter jacket (not the super huge one) and had packed my hat, scarf and gloves. Funnily it got colder as the day progressed towards noon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/21/16619662-minnesota-shivers-as-wind-chill-nears-50-below-zero-new-england-braces-for-foot-of-snow

essentially, the last 2 winters were mild (last January, there was absolutely no snow on the ground in MN and WI) and people have been spoiled. They have forgotten real winter.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm

60's here 3 days in a row. Took advantage of the great weather doing 3 hikes in 3 days. But up to last weekend the weather was crappy (by bay area standards) with a low of 28-30 for several consecutive days.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm

It's very cold here in North Carolina. Low in the high 20s.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm

nevada wrote:60's here 3 days in a row. Took advantage of the great weather doing 3 hikes in 3 days. But up to last weekend the weather was crappy (by bay area standards) with a low of 28-30 for several consecutive days.

>>>Yeah, I was getting tired of the 28-30 weather. Hope we are over that now.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:24 pm

panini press wrote:It's very cold here in North Carolina. Low in the high 20s.

** the weather's worrying me. when hurricane sandy happened, we all felt lucky cuz we missed it by the skin of our teeth in the sense that we averted any damage to our infrastructure. but then everyone else was suffering and people from those areas overwhelmed our gas supplies and hospital and adminstrative services. we worked like zombies to deal with this exodus, the city did not allow us to go on emergency or critical care diversion (which is what we can do if we are short-staffed et cetrea). i would literally pass out in bed as soon as i returned home. i have dark circles under my eyes from this; i have not been able to eat all the proper greens and beta-carotene. then suddenly there were a lot of patients showing up with diabetic ketoacidosis, and we figured that this must've happeend cuz they didn't store their insulin properly during the hurricane, you know with intermittent electricity and all, and now the bloody flu started and agin too many patients are showing up to the hospitals and killing us with work. and it's not like we get paid extra, it's like freaking slavery, man, like people get the freakin' flu shot and sneeze into your shoulder and not into your hands.

** this weekend i had two days off, it was beautiful, i slept all day today. i can't believe i have to return to work. maattallo cheppaleni antha dabbunavaar evearena neeku thelusa? let me know, kallumuskoni pellicheskunta.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:13 pm

You need a vacation.

maaTallO cheppalEni anta Dabbu enduku? kharchu peTTalenanta Dabbu waste kadaa. Edo manchiga "settle" ayina madhya taragati doctor abbaayini choosi pelli chesEsukO.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Ammayi, PP too idealistic, aa madhya taragati criteria pattinchukovaddu. Mundununche takkuvaki aim chesthe etla?

Maatallo cheppaleni antha kakapoyina, koncham ekkuva vunte, life long chakiri tapputhundi. Saradaga part time pani chesukovacchu, time pass ki.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

damn weather. all weekend long, and i include monday, it was just fine. snows now when i have an early morning commute. gotta get up and blow snow tomorrow early morning.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down