interesting and scary Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interesting and scary

+3
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jeremiah Mburuburu
7 posters

Go down

interesting and scary Empty interesting and scary

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:16 pm

So on my iphone, while checking an FB message from someone in desh, I double clicked on the message, so it showed the message along with google maps. Nothing new, have seen it before. But I noticed something. Since I am familiar with my hometown, the map showed the friend's location not where his house is. It was in some other place. So I went back and checked a few different messages, and most of them were from his residence. This one was not. And found a few others from different locations.

Scary tool indeed. It stores not just the current location, but location at the time of each message. I think he has android or something else, maybe blackberry, not IPhone. I now want to experiment how to avoid such a snooping for myself. Maybe this feature is in iPhone too. For most of the time I keep my location setting off on iPhone. But many times when looking for a direction, I switch it on, and then forget for days.

Any gyanis on this?

Back to top Go down

interesting and scary Empty Re: interesting and scary

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:So on my iphone, while checking an FB message from someone in desh, I double clicked on the message, so it showed the message... So I went back and checked a few different messages...
challenge: start a sentence without using a "so."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:So on my iphone, while checking an FB message from someone in desh, I double clicked on the message, so it showed the message... So I went back and checked a few different messages...

Challenge. Go 10 days without constipation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:So on my iphone, while checking an FB message from someone in desh, I double clicked on the message, so it showed the message along with google maps. Nothing new, have seen it before. But I noticed something. Since I am familiar with my hometown, the map showed the friend's location not where his house is. It was in some other place. So I went back and checked a few different messages, and most of them were from his residence. This one was not. And found a few others from different locations.

Scary tool indeed. It stores not just the current location, but location at the time of each message. I think he has android or something else, maybe blackberry, not IPhone. I now want to experiment how to avoid such a snooping for myself. Maybe this feature is in iPhone too. For most of the time I keep my location setting off on iPhone. But many times when looking for a direction, I switch it on, and then forget for days.

Any gyanis on this?

As long as it does not show if you sent the message frmo your couch, bed or bathroom, it should be fine.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 pm

cheers lol! interesting and scary 3077217049

So you are funny....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

This wasnt this hard. On my iPhone settings I can set location services on for different apps. Sent different messages to Daighter with different settings. Will check from home. Meanwhile, this fact will not be disclosed to anyone. A decent stalking tool. Heh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:This wasnt this hard. On my iPhone settings I can set location services on for different apps. Sent different messages to Daighter with different settings. Will check from home. Meanwhile, this fact will not be disclosed to anyone. A decent stalking tool. Heh.

Also as a spying tool...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:This wasnt this hard. On my iPhone settings I can set location services on for different apps. Sent different messages to Daighter with different settings. Will check from home. Meanwhile, this fact will not be disclosed to anyone. A decent stalking tool. Heh.

or bagching

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

or bagching

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

or bagching

Neutral

bagching:

transitive verb

usage: that dude sure got bagchi'ed. he was hiding in linkedin limited to upper saharan ethiopia like he couldn't be found. now his life story is on SUCH

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

or bagching

Neutral

bagching:

transitive verb

usage: that dude sure got bagchi'ed. he was hiding in linkedin limited to upper saharan ethiopia like he couldn't be found. now his life story is on SUCH

Lol. I must fix my reputation. From now on silent

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:So on my iphone, while checking an FB message from someone in desh, I double clicked on the message, so it showed the message along with google maps. Nothing new, have seen it before. But I noticed something. Since I am familiar with my hometown, the map showed the friend's location not where his house is. It was in some other place. So I went back and checked a few different messages, and most of them were from his residence. This one was not. And found a few others from different locations.

Any gyanis on this?

you want to avoid being snooped around?? now kinnu is going to call you darpok !Shocked

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:57 pm

I hated the G phone...it was saving all the locations I commuted and automatically picked up the location depending on the time. I changed my phone.

It was like someone is watching you all the time...was scary! Again I don't want a phone to document my activities. I wanted privacy from my phone LOL

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:08 pm

vb ,
most apps request permission to track your location.rerun phone settings and/ or appropriate settings.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:10 pm

jm,
old goat you now qualify as a serious cyber stalker .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

bagching:

transitive verb

haha.

dude 1 - "you know that gullible facebooker?"
dude 2 - "what about her?"
dude 1 - "i totally bagchied her. now she is depressed and quitting facebook."
dude 2 - "awesome. hi five!"
dude 1 - "yeah, totally."
dude 2 - "kool."
dude 1 - "exactly."
dude 2 - "peace."
dude 1 - "yep."
dude 2 - "right."
dude 1 - "mmm hmm."