Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

remember one thing folks

+4
Propagandhi711
Nila
Idéfix
MaxEntropy_Man
8 posters

Go down

remember one thing folks Empty remember one thing folks

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:18 pm

the cops got it done in boston. not some armed, vigilante republithug goober. don't forget that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

remember one thing folks Empty Re: remember one thing folks

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:21 pm

must suck right now to be a faux news fan.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the cops got it done in boston. not some armed, vigilante republithug goober. don't forget that.
I haven't been following this story, so I wonder what weapons the brothers had, and what the NRA thinks about them firing them in self-defense when the police came to capture them.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 pm

i am very interested in finding out if the guns they had were bought lawfully and if so what kind of background checks were done. this could be a serious setback for the NRA -republithug cabal.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:14 pm

if it turns out that the guns they had were bought legally, i am for trying this republican congress in the same court as dzhokor tsarnaev.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:48 am

Yep. They have been following the elder suspect from 2011 and they couldn't find anything and dismissed.
Still couldn't figure out why suddenly he started to devote to Islam, marry and make his wife to convert and have a daughter and influence his brother. Who is really behind all this?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:06 pm

It's time for bicoastal liberal heros to make a nonexistent and distantly tangential point using this outlier incident. Wonder what's keeping them, *mutters to self*

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:It's time for bicoastal liberal heros to make a nonexistent and distantly tangential point using this outlier incident. Wonder what's keeping them, *mutters to self*

i just want to know how they got their guns. hardly tangential. i think harry reid should rename the bill "requiring background checks for tsarnaevs" and reintroduce it. let's see how the nancyboyz who cocksuck the NRA every day will vote.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:28 pm

What abt bomb making materials? Not interested in finding out abt that? Or isn't there a convenient argument to be made there for controlling chemicals etc?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:What abt bomb making materials? Not interested in finding out abt that? Or isn't there a convenient argument to be made there for controlling chemicals etc?

i never said we shouldn't find out about that. if it was up to the right, i bet they'll come up with allowing concealed carry of bombs for private citizens. you know the only way to protect ourselves from terrorists with bombs is to arm citizens with bombs.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Strawman argument to deflect. Nicely done

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:53 pm

I didn't know there were any gun-toting Republicans in Boston to begin with...

Anyway, Boston is an extremely educated city that is primarily white and low-crime. This is not the demographic everywhere in the country. In the rural area where I live, it would be naive and foolish to live in the middle of nowhere without two large protective dogs and a gun (we have a Doberman and a Rottweiler).

Here, it takes almost half an hour for the cop to get up in the middle of the night and drive over to where we are. This town simply doesn't have the resources for a 24-hour police presence.

We have large prisons full of thousands of prisoners not too far from here. We have meth addicts in the area. A lot of black and white trash that the government takes care of from the day they're born until the day they're dead (products of welfare moms who go on to to become welfare moms or live on disability for their whole life or end up in prison for their whole life). To a lesser extent, there are some KKK/Aryan brotherhood types (a very tiny minority in this day and age) in the area as well. There are also plenty of Asians all the way from California that are moving here and joining the small black gangs (Blood and Crips) in the area.

To not have a gun here would be retarded.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:10 pm

mainstreet wrote:I didn't know there were any gun-toting Republicans in Boston to begin with...

Anyway, Boston is an extremely educated city that is primarily white and low-crime. This is not the demographic everywhere in the country. In the rural area where I live, it would be naive and foolish to live in the middle of nowhere without two large protective dogs and a gun (we have a Doberman and a Rottweiler).

Here, it takes almost half an hour for the cop to get up in the middle of the night and drive over to where we are. This town simply doesn't have the resources for a 24-hour police presence.

We have large prisons full of thousands of prisoners not too far from here. We have meth addicts in the area. A lot of black and white trash that the government takes care of from the day they're born until the day they're dead (products of welfare moms who go on to to become welfare moms or live on disability for their whole life or end up in prison for their whole life). To a lesser extent, there are some KKK/Aryan brotherhood types (a very tiny minority in this day and age) in the area as well. There are also plenty of Asians all the way from California that are moving here and joining the small black gangs (Blood and Crips) in the area.

So what have you bagged thus far? 10-15 intruders, Do you shoot one a week or month!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Cd,
good shot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:27 pm

mainstreet wrote:I didn't know there were any gun-toting Republicans in Boston to begin with...

the discussion is about requiring stronger background checks, not about banning guns.

aside: boston has plenty of guns mostly brought in from our live-free-or-die neighbor. by no stretch of the imagination is boston low crime.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Nothing so far, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. We live in a place with no street lights. It is pitch dark without a moon outside. There is a Cambodian woman who lives a few miles from us who didn't realize she was being followed by two black men more than once when she was driving home. One day, she drove into her driveway and they were waiting there with guns. She shot back and killed one, the other escaped. When the other guy was caught, he told the cop that they had followed her home more than once to figure out her routine. She owns six gas stations in the area, and carries a lot of cash home.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:36 pm

I mean someone could follow me home and try to get my ATM card and PIN.

ANYTHING is possible.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm definitely in favor of thorough background checks and a waiting period before anyone buys a gun.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

So what have you bagged thus far? 10-15 intruders, Do you shoot one a week or month!

if the victims had carried guns they could hv shot the cooker to pieces and killed the two "bombers" and saved the whole of Boston some heartburn.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Cd,
one way to resolve such surprises is for states to pass fl like law that allows any one with a concealed weapon to shoot any suspicious (such as an immigrant or a muslim looking person or any one carrying black nylon backpack) person after counting 1 to 10.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down