Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does one build a reppytashun??

5 posters

Go down

How does one build a reppytashun?? Empty How does one build a reppytashun??

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 am

I notice that my alter ego, Admin aka Charvaka has a reppytashun of 4, whereas I have diddly squat to my credit.

What should I do to get a reppytashun like his?? Score high in Indo's padakeli? Get a Bong wife? Become a consultant? What??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

How does one build a reppytashun?? Empty Re: How does one build a reppytashun??

Post by charvaka Mon May 02, 2011 1:42 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I notice that my alter ego, Admin aka Charvaka has a reppytashun of 4, whereas I have diddly squat to my credit.

What should I do to get a reppytashun like his?? Score high in Indo's padakeli? Get a Bong wife? Become a consultant? What??
Simpal. Get peepal to vote your posts up. There is a + and a - sign to the right of every post. Every time someone gives you a +, your rep goes up by 1; every time you get a -, it goes down 1.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 am

Blabberwock raised a very important question on another thread:

blabberwock wrote:Oddly, this reputation thing was one of the main reasons that caused issues at the other forum. I found that the administrator had the power to see who was doing the "plus" and minus" for himself (and others) and was constantly monitoring that. Also, since he could see the IP addresses, he used to know everything that everyone else was doing. It soon lead to a lot of issues and the admin and I turned adversaries. I felt very uncomfortable staying on that forum after that and left.
Hmm... that's worrisome. Perhaps I should disable it. The reason I enabled it was to allow people to vote posts up or down, and use that as a community-policing of bad posts. But if it ends up creating more issues than it solves, I am happy to remove it.

Others, please weigh in with your comments as well.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:56 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I notice that my alter ego, Admin aka Charvaka has a reppytashun of 4, whereas I have diddly squat to my credit.

Since you and I were once a part of an alliance of antagonism, I will contribute towards building your "reputation".

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 02, 2011 2:00 am

LOL. Merci beau-coup. I discovered that clicking "merci" sends the poster's reppytashun to Charvaka-like levels.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:LOL. Merci beau-coup. I discovered that clicking "merci" sends the poster's reppytashun to Charvaka-like levels.
Oh, yeah. Clicking merci is saying a personalized thank-you. It does give the target 3 rep points.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 2:04 am

ok.... I will make sure both you evil people do not go up on the reputation scale...

God has given me the power...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:05 am

charvaka wrote:Blabberwock raised a very important question on another thread:

blabberwock wrote:Oddly, this reputation thing was one of the main reasons that caused issues at the other forum. I found that the administrator had the power to see who was doing the "plus" and minus" for himself (and others) and was constantly monitoring that. Also, since he could see the IP addresses, he used to know everything that everyone else was doing. It soon lead to a lot of issues and the admin and I turned adversaries. I felt very uncomfortable staying on that forum after that and left.
Hmm... that's worrisome. Perhaps I should disable it. The reason I enabled it was to allow people to vote posts up or down, and use that as a community-policing of bad posts. But if it ends up creating more issues than it solves, I am happy to remove it.

Others, please weigh in with your comments as well.

I think it depends on the maturity levels of the people concerned and how seriously they take their reputation. I think the feature is rather silly and don't really care either either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:ok.... I will make sure both you evil people do not go up on the reputation scale...

Unkil, with great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 2:09 am

>> I think it depends on the maturity levels of the people concerned and how seriously they take their reputation. I think the feature is rather silly and don't really care either either way. [/quote]

I know your IQ is high. But, I will at least make sure your reputation level is in single digit...Wink

Some might take this reputation thing seriously and start acting like big cheese (I can already think of 2 or 3 CHers).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 am

blabberwock wrote:
I think it depends on the maturity levels of the people concerned and how seriously they take their reputation. I think the feature is rather silly and don't really care either either way.

You have high expectations.... We know what spoilt you.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 am

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Haha. Knowing the maturity levels of CHers (including myself), I am thinking of killing the feature. If anybody really likes it and wants to make a passionate case for bringing it back, please do so.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:16 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I know your IQ is high. But, I will at least make sure your reputation level is in single digit...Wink

Some might take this reputation thing seriously and start acting like big cheese (I can already think of 2 or 3 CHers).

Marathadi Saamiyaar? you should change it to Maramandai Saamiyaar.

Last edited by blabberwock on Mon May 02, 2011 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 2:17 am

Admin wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Haha. Knowing the maturity levels of CHers (including myself), I am thinking of killing the feature. If anybody really likes it and wants to make a passionate case for bringing it back, please do so.

Let us agree to disable..

However, i would like to make it clear, that I would have received the maximum reputation points if only we had continued the system (and everyone else ZERO). (Can we give ourself a rating ? Also, how come I dont see the merci sympbol on my screen ?)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:ok.... I will make sure both you evil people do not go up on the reputation scale...

Look what you did with your loose talk of god-given power etc. Our godless Admin was offended and now we've all been disenfrachised.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 am

blabberwock wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Marathadi Saamiyaar? you should change it to Maramandai Saamiyaar.

Both are same. If I were not a maramandai, I would be running a Nityananda-ish Ashram.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I have made the following adjustments to the reputation system:
  • Removed the display of reputations, so we don't get all hung up on those numbers.
  • Retained the + and - to help you report inappropriate posts (primarily, any NSFW content.)
  • Introduced new criteria for voting, as described below; the purpose of these criteria is to prevent newly created stalker / abuser handles from misusing the reputation system.
    • You need to have posted at least 10 posts before you can begin to vote. I will reset this to 100 in a week or so.
    • You can only cast 10 votes per day.
In addition to the + / -, there is also an exclamation mark in a triangle -- that will flag any offending content. I am leaving both open for now, as we figure out how things work.

Any questions, concerns or comments?

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Look what you did with your loose talk of god-given power etc. Our godless Admin was offended and now we've all been disenfrachised.

What the lord giveth admin taketh away
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Our godless Admin was offended and now we've all been disenfrachised.
You can still vote on individual posts. You just can't see your total score, because that's kinda pointless for CH.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon May 02, 2011 2:26 am

Admin wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I have made the following adjustments to the reputation system:
  • Removed the display of reputations, so we don't get all hung up on those numbers.
  • Retained the + and - to help you report inappropriate posts (primarily, any NSFW content.)
  • Introduced new criteria for voting, as described below; the purpose of these criteria is to prevent newly created stalker / abuser handles from misusing the reputation system.
    • You need to have posted at least 10 posts before you can begin to vote. I will reset this to 100 in a week or so.
    • You can only cast 10 votes per day.

Any questions, concerns or comments?

You lost out on a career in bureaucracy Razz
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 2:28 am

I am Swamy. I know God. Got to sleep. Bye

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 02, 2011 2:29 am

artood2 wrote:You lost out on a career in bureaucracy Razz
It was my grandfather's dream... to see me as a collector. I dashed his hopes and became an engineer (or in his lingo, someone who pours water into an engine.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon May 02, 2011 2:31 am

Admin wrote:
artood2 wrote:You lost out on a career in bureaucracy Razz
It was my grandfather's dream... to see me as a collector. I dashed his hopes and became an engineer (or in his lingo, someone who pours water into an engine.)

a lot of engineers make it to IAS. No doubt the rules are so complex. Talking of engineers, they are saying Osama was a civil engineer.. civil...
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 am

So Osama put his learned skills to practice in demolishing, destroying, and rock blasting, and mining....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down