Jobs - Movie Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobs - Movie

2 posters

Go down

Jobs - Movie Empty Jobs - Movie

Post by Kris Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:30 am

Not go great, maybe I went in with high expectations. The pluses are Kucher as Jobs, the movie not glossing over the fact that Jobs could be a jerk and not above personal grudges, and some of the politics (Jobs/Scully for instance). The minuses are not enough personal detail and characters like Woz not being fleshed out (he is almost two-dimensional). Would give the movie a C- to a C at best.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Jobs - Movie Empty Re: Jobs - Movie

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Kris wrote:Not go great, maybe I went in with high expectations. The pluses are Kucher as Jobs, the movie not glossing over the fact that Jobs could be a jerk and not above personal grudges, and some of the politics (Jobs/Scully for instance). The minuses are not enough personal detail and characters like Woz not being fleshed out (he is almost two-dimensional). Would give the movie a C- to a C at best.
Just now saw the movie.... BIIIIG disappointent.

The movie ends at 2001 with his introduction of iPod. while their tribute says 1955 - 2011.

Apples value, legacy and current power lies in the i-series; iPhone, iPad, iMac between 2001-2013...and this is completely ignored

His cancer in 2005, recovery, introduction of Apple's new legacy, reaching #1 status in the world all happened when he was sick with cancer post-2005

Nothing about his sister - with whom he was close

Nothing about his (non) relationship with his dad.

Nothing about his wealth - mostly acquired through Pixar and Disney and only $800 mil out of 4 Billion came out of Apple.

Microsoft coming to the rescue of Apple with 500 mil investment in 1987, when it was almost bankrupt in exchange for bundling MS Word in Apple/Macs. People thought Bill gates would take over, swallow and kill Apple - his competitor and nemesis. Shockingly Bill Gates/Mirosoft sold apple stocks and got out of Apple once Apple stabilized - a strange equation.

All of the above should have been included and woven into the movie...UTTER disappointment

C-

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kris wrote:Not go great, maybe I went in with high expectations. The pluses are Kucher as Jobs, the movie not glossing over the fact that Jobs could be a jerk and not above personal grudges, and some of the politics (Jobs/Scully for instance). The minuses are not enough personal detail and characters like Woz not being fleshed out (he is almost two-dimensional). Would give the movie a C- to a C at best.
Just now saw the movie.... BIIIIG disappointent.

The movie ends at 2001 with his introduction of iPod. while their tribute says 1955 - 2011.

Apples value, legacy and current power lies in the i-series; iPhone, iPad, iMac between 2001-2013...and this is completely ignored

His cancer in 2005, recovery, introduction of Apple's new legacy, reaching #1 status in the world all happened when he was sick with cancer post-2005

Nothing about his sister - with whom he was close

Nothing about his (non) relationship with his dad.

Nothing about his wealth - mostly acquired through Pixar and Disney and only $800 mil out of 4 Billion came out of Apple.

Microsoft coming to the rescue of Apple with 500 mil investment in 1987, when it was almost bankrupt in exchange for bundling MS Word in Apple/Macs.  People thought Bill gates would take over, swallow and kill Apple - his competitor and nemesis. Shockingly Bill Gates/Mirosoft sold apple stocks and got out of Apple once Apple stabilized - a strange equation.

All of the above should have been included and woven into the movie...UTTER disappointment

C-
>>> It seems like they couldn't make up their mind whether this was about jobs or about apple and didn't do justice to either subject. I wanted to see if there was some insight into what made this guy tick. I guess I will go back to Isaacson's book, which is sitting in my bookshelf.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:37 pm

I heard there is another movie in the making to released next year... Perhaps, that movie has rights to the aproved biography, which will have many authentic convo and relationships and people interactions. i doubt this movie had any rights and hence cannot use any of those info with claims of authenticity.

This is more like a movie on Apple and everything revolving around APPLE - in the garage, HQ, CEO changes, etc., and less about Jobs - as you had noted.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down