Child lobor in India Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Child lobor in India

+2
smArtha
Bittu
6 posters

Go down

Child lobor in India Empty Child lobor in India

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Scenario: My big shot cousin's daughter has a 3 yr old son. A very pampered and spoit brat already. They employed a 11-13 yr old boy whose duty is to accompany the kiddo during his wakeful hrs: playing with him, feeding him, having an eye on him all the time. I find it so depressing. What a boring thing to do for a 12 yr old. He should be going to school, having fun with his friends, playing video games and worrying abt homeworks and exams at this age, not taking care of a 3 yr old all through the day, seven days a week. His future is getting ruined as he isn't getting any education. It seems so cruel!

This doesn't seem to bother anyone, even the ones in the family who talk abt 'sama samajam': equality and justice for all, etc. It would seem ridiculous  if i go talk to the cousin abt the unfairness of it all and putting the poor kid in school. what do i do?

Back to top Go down

Child lobor in India Empty Re: Child lobor in India

Post by Bittu Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:38 pm

kinnera wrote:what do i do?
You try to fix your own wretched life of servitude first, before you think about fixing others'.

Side issue, this 11-13yr old will sexually molest the 3 yr old boy soon. Eventually your super rich cousin will find out and beat the crap out of the 11-13 yr old boy before kicking him out. The 3 yr old will spend most of his adult life in therapy. Life goes on.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 pm

kinnera wrote:Scenario: My big shot cousin's daughter has a 3 yr old son. A very pampered and spoit brat already. They employed a 11-13 yr old boy whose duty is to accompany the kiddo during his wakeful hrs: playing with him, feeding him, having an eye on him all the time. I find it so depressing. What a boring thing to do for a 12 yr old. He should be going to school, having fun with his friends, playing video games and worrying abt homeworks and exams at this age, not taking care of a 3 yr old all through the day, seven days a week. His future is getting ruined as he isn't getting any education. It seems so cruel!

This doesn't seem to bother anyone, even the ones in the family who talk abt 'sama samajam': equality and justice for all, etc. It would seem ridiculous  if i go talk to the cousin abt the unfairness of it all and putting the poor kid in school. what do i do?
Are you going to fund an ipad for him? You can only talk of his future only if you can take care of his present i.e. food, clothing, shelter, health and then education. If you can afford, what is stopping you from enrolling this boy into a school and taking care of the expenses?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:09 pm

smArtha wrote:Are you going to fund an ipad for him? You can only talk of his future only if you can take care of his present i.e. food, clothing, shelter, health and then education. If you can afford, what is stopping you from enrolling this boy into a school and taking care of the expenses?
yes, i am ready to sponsor the kid. i already do that with my mom's domestic help's son. i told you what the problem is: the last but one line of the OP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Side issue, this 11-13yr old will sexually molest the 3 yr old boy soon. Eventually your super rich cousin will find out and beat the crap out of the 11-13 yr old boy before kicking him out. The 3 yr old will spend most of his adult life in therapy. Life goes on.
oh pls! scary scenario! 'Amangalam prati hatha magu gaaka'. (let that not come true.)

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:02 pm

There are many things that are "not right" but people accept them and get on with life. To an outsider it might seem very disturbing but the participants themselves are hardly disturbed.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:29 pm

kinnera wrote:yes, i am ready to sponsor the kid. i already do that with my mom's domestic help's son. i told you what the problem is: the last but one line of the OP.
Don't highlight to your cousin his/her 'unfairness' and hint your 'magnanimity'. If your idea is just to help the kid, whichever way, then make her a partner in your good deed i.e. drive her to the point in a way she arrives at the schooling idea herself, you applaud that gesture and say you want to fund the same, let her share the credit for schooling him (even though you are funding it all) or even steal the entire credit for the same. That is generally an incentive enough for her to let him join school. You ensure that he is enrolled into a school, send checks to the school and open a communication line with the teacher of his class or the principal of the school for periodic updates.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:37 pm

kinnera wrote:
smArtha wrote:Are you going to fund an ipad for him? You can only talk of his future only if you can take care of his present i.e. food, clothing, shelter, health and then education. If you can afford, what is stopping you from enrolling this boy into a school and taking care of the expenses?
yes, i am ready to sponsor the kid. i already do that with my mom's domestic help's son. i told you what the problem is: the last but one line of the OP.
Even if you're willing to sponsor (without getting your cousin upset) there is no guarantee that his parents will be OK, as you will be taking away a source of income from that family.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm

smArtha wrote:
kinnera wrote:yes, i am ready to sponsor the kid. i already do that with my mom's domestic help's son. i told you what the problem is: the last but one line of the OP.
Don't highlight to your cousin his/her 'unfairness' and hint your 'magnanimity'. If your idea is just to help the kid, whichever way, then make her a partner in your good deed i.e. drive her to the point in a way she arrives at the schooling idea herself, you applaud that gesture and say you want to fund the same, let her share the credit for schooling him (even though you are funding it all) or even steal the entire credit for the same. That is generally an incentive enough for her to let him join school. You ensure that he is enrolled into a school, send checks to the school and open a communication line with the teacher of his class or the principal of the school for periodic updates.
That is exactly how my cousin is going to feel too (the bolded one), however careful i am with my words.it would seem like a 'show-off' of the 'holier-than thou' and 'more humane than thou' NRIs. nothing that you mentioned below is going to happen. if she were my contemporary or younger, i would've probably tried the above. she's much older than me and i am not close with her. anyway, i was upset abt it y'day night and hence vented here. I'll just finish my trip here and go back to US and let life go on.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 pm

You can tell her that you came across some post here or in any forum about the labor laws (no child labor) and tell her any of her 'close' relatives might tell authorities to get her in trouble:)  You can suggest that you both can share the cost of sending the kid to school.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 am

FluteHolder wrote:You can tell her that you came across some post here or in any forum about the labor laws (no child labor) and tell her any of her 'close' relatives might tell authorities to get her in trouble:)  You can suggest that you both can share the cost of sending the kid to school.
>>>>Like that's going to happen in India.Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:21 am

Kris wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:You can tell her that you came across some post here or in any forum about the labor laws (no child labor) and tell her any of her 'close' relatives might tell authorities to get her in trouble:)  You can suggest that you both can share the cost of sending the kid to school.
>>>>Like that's going to happen in India.Smile
Hahaha! I missed that gem. Even if somebody reports a few hundred/thousand bucks should be good enough to shut the authorities up.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down