Aging Angst - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aging Angst

+12
Petrichor
southindian
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
smArtha
Bittu
FluteHolder
Seva Lamberdar
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Impedimenta
Hellsangel
gone
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aging Angst - Page 2 Empty Re: Aging Angst

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:10 am

Haha..this is Prison Break Redux. All the best to you, Mainstreet.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:36 am

Is there any AA type organization for broads like mainstreet?

"Hello everyone, my name is Savita and my cunt is broken"

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:20 am

mainstreet wrote:Oh, I get eight hours of sleep.  So, I guess I'm happy?

Actually, I'm feeling truly happy tonight.  No talk required until Sunday night.  

Honey, I'm leaving tomorrow morning.  I'm taking my SUV.  Most of my things were shipped five months ago.  You can come join me in a place that's livable.  Or not.  Either way, let's be friends and keep things amicable please (I know he will, he never carries any ill will toward anyone).  Remember payroll and workers comp deadlines or your employees/the state can and will sue you.

Not telling my mom and dad either.  I don't need permission from anyone to do what I want at my age.  I guess they'll find out come Christmas, but I don't care.

I'm almost there!  Hotel reservations made at the Marriott  for the first three days, and I'm going to sign a year-long lease within three days of getting there.  Starting the job search tomorrow morning too.  Work, career, cross fit, yoga, Pilates, sidewalks,, Whole Foods, fresh produce.

I actually want to put on something really stylish and sophisticated with black leggings under a trench coat and knee-high boots and catch a train in cool weather.  Spend the first day or two just walking eight hours a day on sidewalks.  Start my day with gourmet coffee and a croissant at an independent coffee shop.  Brioche and a salad for lunch at an outdoor cafe.  Fresh fish and vegetables.  Socialize with friends.  An evening in a jazz bar.  Museums.  I want seasons!  Snow!!

Even if I don't get a job until January, it's all good.  It's better than any trip anywhere in the world because I'm leaving this place forever.  Thank goodness!
you keep saying sophisticated this sophisticated that, you know your hungry, sullen, country bumpkin expression negates any clothes you might wear, right?

rest of your post: boo hoo hoooo...I mean hurray for the soap opera twist. if only you had a better body and face you could work as a stripper in the block next to the whole foods store in the big city

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 am

Is the book on amazon? ms, you write well.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 am

I take this at face value. Your husband seems like a gem of a person. If you guys end up with a divorce, you'll be the bigger loser here. You may not find yourself such a person again. 
Your husband on the other hand, could find himself a more younger, prettier, and happy woman who appreciates him more and who could bear him beautiful children (I know, i am touching your wrong nerve here. sorry!) and they could live happily ever after.
One day he may be happy that you left him while you may regret your decision.
You whine all the time. But think about this, what is the poor guy getting in this relationship?

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:16 pm

All I care about is getting out of this place. I honestly don't care what DH does. He can find someone else. She'd be a fool to want to live in this dump with no career, no friends you can relate to, no amenities, no fresh produce, no jobs, no place you can wear an expensive outfit or jewelry to without looking like some freak. Nothing to do basically. Her entire life will revolve around: 1. DH and 2. Dogs and keeping house. I'm sorry, I love DH and the dogs but I need more to do than focus on them ALL. THE. TIME. It makes a relationship claustrophobic. It drove me nuts and any kids in this place would be miserable too.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:19 pm

All I know is I'm getting out of hell and I'm going back to a place I love. That happiness is priceless!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:22 pm

sounds like a plan, mainstreet. When you get back to the place you love, will you seek treatment for your broken body parts or is that shop shuttered forever?

*snicker*pancho*snicker*

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks, Petrichor. I can assure you NONE of this is fiction. All of it is my personal life and the hell I've been through. Yeah, I know, I don't have shooting back pains or physical pain of any kind, but I have been a doctor's wife in a small town and have hated life in that place.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Honestly, maybe my low sex drive is related to the depression from living here. Maybe I'll be happier there and get my sex drive back. I mean everyone goes through ups and downs in their sex life. Nothing to be ashamed of. If you have two kids, you know it better than anyone else. Child care, recovering from pregnancy and childbirth, sleepless nights, busier schedules, all of that puts intimacy on the back burner. There's no need to act like you've been Don Juan in bed all your life.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:33 pm

mainstreet wrote:All I care about is getting out of this place.  I honestly don't care what DH does.  He can find someone else.  She'd be a fool to want to live in this dump with no career, no friends you can relate to, no amenities, no fresh produce, no jobs, no place you can wear an expensive outfit or jewelry to without looking like some freak.  Nothing to do basically.  Her entire life will revolve around: 1. DH and 2. Dogs and keeping house.  I'm sorry, I love DH and the dogs but I need more to do than focus on them ALL. THE. TIME.  It makes a relationship claustrophobic.  It drove me nuts and any kids in this place would be miserable too.
I hope with all my heart that your DH will follow you to the city and not choose the option to stay back and lose you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm

mainstreet wrote:There's no need to act like you've been Don Juan in bed all your life.
If only you knew. I called a recruiter aunty today, after many years. Didn't expect her to remember me but she instantly did and asked if I'm now in Bollywood. Later in the conversation we made plans for lunch and since I work from home, I told her I can feed her lunch at home. She said, "Wow that's really tempting but knowing you I think it's better we meet in a restaurant hahaha"

I'm sure I could cure you too. but i'm not sure if I want to. Show me your pix?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Bittu wrote:
mainstreet wrote:There's no need to act like you've been Don Juan in bed all your life.
If only you knew. I called a recruiter aunty today, after many years. Didn't expect her to remember me but she instantly did and asked if I'm now in Bollywood.
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Bittu wrote:....
I'm sure I could cure you too. but i'm not sure if I want to. Show me your pix?
Propagandhi711 wrote:you keep saying sophisticated this sophisticated that, you know your hungry, sullen, country bumpkin expression negates any clothes you might wear, right?

rest of your post: boo hoo hoooo...I mean hurray for the soap opera twist. if only you had a better body and face you could work as a stripper in the block next to the whole foods store in the big city
et voila !..propa should be able to give you, at least, a sketch Smile

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:05 pm

That sketch will be as schizophrenic as he is bipolar. Within the last month, he called my mother ugly and short, he called me fat and short,, and then he called me anorexic. Maybe he should make up his bipolar mind.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Petrichor wrote:Is the book on amazon? ms, you write well.
thamizh content:

vanchappughazhchi aNiyA....illae vasishtar vAyAlae ..?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

kinnera wrote:
Bittu wrote:
If only you knew. I called a recruiter aunty today, after many years. Didn't expect her to remember me but she instantly did and asked if I'm now in Bollywood.
:roll:
why rolling, aunty? she actually said that. Exactly that.

That's the thing with you aunties. Nobody ever compliments you for anything so you have a hard time believing if somebody else gets compliments like that. Too effn bad.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:46 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
thamizh content:

rendum ille - just fan mail. if she peopled her small town with interesting characters and back stories, did some research in the local municipal building with archives of land records, ownership and traced out some family trees, spent some more time at the local courthouse for grisham-like plots, she might switch on the rickety table fan, while she sweats her effort into a macbook, we might, just might end up with a rival to jhumpa (who is, incidentally playing dangerously withe same bengali immigrant story theme for the n-th time).

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Bittu wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Bittu wrote:
Rolling Eyes
why rolling, aunty? she actually said that. Exactly that.

That's the thing with you aunties. Nobody ever compliments you for anything so you have a hard time believing if somebody else gets compliments like that. Too effn bad.
 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Bittu wrote:
If only you knew. I called a recruiter aunty today, after many years. Didn't expect her to remember me but she instantly did and asked if I'm now in Bollywood. Later in the conversation we made plans for lunch and since I work from home, I told her I can feed her lunch at home. She said, "Wow that's really tempting but knowing you I think it's better we meet in a restaurant hahaha"
Bittu, you never let go any drama opportunity here and the crowd loves it. Keep going.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Petrichor wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
thamizh content:

rendum ille - just fan mail. if she peopled her small town with interesting characters and back stories, did some research in the local municipal building with archives of land records, ownership and traced out some family trees, spent some more time at the local courthouse for grisham-like plots, she might switch on the rickety table fan, while she sweats her effort into a macbook, we might, just might end up with a rival to jhumpa (who is, incidentally playing dangerously withe same bengali immigrant story theme for the n-th time).
yes.. I listened to part of her interview on the DR show on her latest book, 'low land'*. Jumpa must be a very special one - someone who knows everything about india so well and can so intimately relate herself to, but never having lived there, i mean never rooted to the ground. born in London and moved to the US. i was reminded of Aung San Suu Kyi who also had similar claims of knowing the Burmese people so well from so far away.  I say this in the context of today being Oct 2nd,  birthday of a great man who traveled throughout the country, mostly rural parts, only to get to know the plight of all categories of indians across the country and know to india as perceived from his own experience and POV - not remotely; that's a real genuine claim.

* nominated for Booker, i believe

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:54 pm

I will meet her this evening and find out if her clipped and mellifluous reading from lowland does it for me like her earlier readings did. Smile

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Petrichor wrote:I will meet her this evening and find out if her clipped and mellifluous reading from lowland does it for me like her earlier readings did. Smile
her reading may be, not her interview, IMO. let's see what Jeffery Eugenides has to say, as well this PM

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:43 pm

i like her writing, but she seems like a one trick pony -- bengalis in america. mistry's writing is also embedded in parsi life, but he writes more about the human condition -- aging, conflicts between generations, and loneliness. he can locate all that in any culture and it is likely to be equally valid. there is not much unique about the parsi experience as applicable to his writing; maybe a bit, but not much.

mistry by far is superior to any of these foreign settled indians or indian american writers. his writing is difficult and dark. he is more the nobel type than anyone else of indian origin i know currently writing who has not won a nobel.

but he doesn't get the times headlines like lahiri, rushdie, or kiran desai.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:20 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Petrichor wrote:I will meet her this evening and find out if her clipped and mellifluous reading from lowland does it for me like her earlier readings did. Smile
her reading may be, not her interview, IMO. let's see what Jeffery Eugenides has to say, as well this PM
so what did you think of jeff's questions?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 am

Petrichor wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
so what did you think of jeff's questions?
it's all too tragic, maan..i couldn't make it Sad 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2