The Situation Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Situation

4 posters

Go down

The Situation Empty The Situation

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Scene 1:

Mom: WAKE UP IT'S 6:00 AM.

Teen: Ya, I am awake.

M: Are you out of your bed?

T: I SAID I  am awake, I will be.

M: WAKE UP IT'S 6:15.

T: ARGH, STOP YELLING, I SAID I AM AWAKE.

M at 6:50 am, 3 minutes left for bus: Did you brush your teeth? I didn't hear you coming in my room to brush your teeth.

T: I had no time. I got up at 6:30. You didn't wake me up.

M: I What? GO UP AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH NOW.

T: Argh, I don't have time. I will when I come back.

M: Stop that @*&# youtube video and GO UP NOW.

*foot stomps*

Scene 2:

Mom: Text K's cousins that their food was nice, you were rude not eating it last night.

T: I don't have their numbers. I will facebook message.

M: These are the numbers. Text them.

T: Ok, I will.

10 minutes later.

M: Did you text them?

T Busy speed texting friends : I will.

M: NOW.

T: Argh, you can't tell me to do things NOW, ok? You agitate me when you do that. You have to trust me I will, ok?

30 minutes later.

T: Oh, I forgot.

Can I sue a teen for mental torture?

Back to top Go down

The Situation Empty Re: The Situation

Post by namo Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
You have a good teen if she hasn't told you yet not to 'micromanage' her life.

namo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Scene 1:

M at 6:50 am, 3 minutes left for bus: Did you brush your teeth? I didn't hear you coming in my room to brush your teeth.

*foot stomps*

Scene 2:

Mom: Text K's cousins that their food was nice, you were rude not eating it last night.

10 minutes later.

T: Argh, you can't tell me to do things NOW, ok? You agitate me when you do that. You have to trust me I will, ok?

30 minutes later.

My sincere, heartfelt condolences.....

You missed the boat. First it is in her genes, secondly, she has that American rebellion inculcated, and thirdly, you have failed to modify your tactic and following the same strategy that you used when she was 2.

First decouple and deemphasize your views, your way of things, and your people from hers.

Secondly, you did not make her get up from the bed. Tomorrow you tell he its job for her to be down at the kitchen table at 6.30 AM. If not you will set the alarm at 5.30 to give her 30 min period for rolling in the bed. Oh, you will bring the cell phone downstairs and she can use it when she has breakfast.

Lay down rules and dont emphasize or reinforce - just implement. There will be rebellion and anxiety for you, but it will straighten out.

Sit with he one day and explain (dont argue or indulge in Q & A) why your day gets messed up at work with her avoidable tension and delay. It will sink in some day.

Oh, BTW, this is all part of God-prescribed weight-loss program for the 40 yr old women.

P.S. This is coming to all the parents with teenage Devils. I have seen a couple of parents who brought their daughters (only daughters though) very strictly and proud of their "disciplined" daughters. I am not telling what happened after those daughters left the house to college.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:50 pm

TW,

Is this for real?

Why complain about your kids on SuCH?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:50 pm

namo wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
You have a good teen if she hasn't told you yet not to 'micromanage' her life.
Oh, she says that, lol. She also blames me for NOT "helping" her when she "needs" to.

In my narratives, I leave out many details for keeping the flow.

11th grade is when I stop waking her up in the mornings. She is very nervous about that as even a 100 alarms ringing loud in her ears doesn't wake her up. Strangely, it's only my voice from the next room that does it for her, so far.

social situation : slippery grounds. have to make sure she stays on top of it. specially with the high demanding family on her dad's side. better is for me to rough it out with her, before they deal with her in their own way. Now that's what would be a final mental torture, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Rishi wrote:TW,

Is this for real?

Why complain about your kids on SuCH?
because we north indian parents are like that wonly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

My sincere, heartfelt condolences.....

You missed the boat.  First it is in her genes, secondly, she has that American rebellion inculcated, and thirdly, you have failed to modify your tactic and following the same strategy that you used when she was 2.

First decouple and deemphasize your views, your way of things, and your people from hers.

Secondly, you did not make her get up from the bed. Tomorrow you tell he its job for her to be down at the kitchen table at 6.30 AM. If not you will set the alarm at 5.30 to give her 30 min period for rolling in the bed. Oh, you will bring the cell phone downstairs and she can use it when she has breakfast.

Lay down rules and dont emphasize or reinforce - just implement. There will be rebellion and anxiety for you, but it will straighten out.

Sit with he one day and explain (dont argue or indulge in Q & A) why your day gets messed up at work with her avoidable tension and delay. It will sink in some day.

Oh, BTW, this is all part of God-prescribed weight-loss program for the 40 yr old women.

P.S. This is coming to all the parents with teenage Devils. I have seen a couple of parents who brought their daughters (only daughters though) very strictly and proud of their "disciplined" daughters. I am not telling what happened after those daughters left the house to college.
oh, when the two gave me a run around on a chore last week, raided their bedrooms in the middle of a night, and confiscated her iPad, and his iPod while they slept one night. Should have heard the fireworks next morning. Twisted Evil 

He earned his iPod back in a week. She is halfway there. But the good thing is, she managed to live w/o it. So I will use this example when she asks me to upgrade it next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Scene 1:

*foot stomps*

Scene 2:

10 minutes later.

30 minutes later.

>>>Here is your greatest asset from your heritage. The Hindu idea of acceptance ..Smile
Seriously, this is pretty common among teens. They will get over it (come to think, maybe not and they end up working in my office...aargh!)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Kris wrote:
They will get over it (come to think, maybe not and they end up working in my office...aargh!)
LOL

Kris wrote:

>>>Here is your greatest asset from your heritage. The Hindu idea of acceptance ..Smile
Seriously, this is pretty common among teens.
I know! Soak in all the blame, and pretend it never happened. Reminds me how I had a couple of shouting matches with dad when I was a teen, and then we BOTH yelled at mom as she went to each of us one by one. She simply went, 'I am getting grinded between these two Leos'.

Anyway, the examples above happened in a lighter vein. The only serious one I can think of was driving her to the ER after a bad accident. Was totally her fault, but she kept yelling at me how much she HATES me for ruining her evening (She was to party with her friends). At the time she thought it was my fault, and since it had just happened, none of us had it in us to tell her it was her fault. I was shaking while driving, as I didn't know how grave her injury was. Was shaking when in ER too. Tried to hug and console her in the triage, she shook me off, continued to give me an evil eye and push me away as I tried helping her before the x-ray. Helped her anyway. If XH (with his hand around my shoulders) and his cousin were not there to assure to me it was not my fault, I might have broken down. And guess what happens then? When we were sitting in her little room waiting to get discharged, I was sitting grim, concerned overall, concerned how she will live her life being so irresponsible, and she goes, 'why are u not even talking to me? my friends of 2 weeks seem more concerned about me then u r. you are not even giving me a hug'. I mean, is it possible to roll your eyes all the way back to your head?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I know! Soak in all the blame, and pretend it never happened. Reminds me how I had a couple of shouting matches with dad when I was a teen, and then we BOTH yelled at mom as she went to each of us one by one. She simply went, 'I am getting grinded between these two Leos'.

Reminds me of the day when I told my dad that he was just a hot gas and did not know anything or got anything done....in my uncles house in front of everyone... Did not realize how much I hurt him....with my teenage statements.

I heard the world goes round and round...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down