Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about this poster?

5 posters

Go down

What do you think about this poster? Empty What do you think about this poster?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:58 pm

What do you think about this poster? Mahesh%27s%201%20Nenokkadine%20poster%20courts%20controversy

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this poster? Empty Re: What do you think about this poster?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:01 am

Reminds me of myself in my "glory days"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this poster? Empty Re: What do you think about this poster?

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 am

Kinnera wrote:What do you think about this poster? Mahesh%27s%201%20Nenokkadine%20poster%20courts%20controversy
but why are you asking us? what do you think of it?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:04 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Reminds me of myself in my "glory days"

You used to walk behind your conqueror(s) on all fours??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 am

Is this from that new Mahesh Babu w/new hottie movie?

Well, looks like a song sequence where she is singing something while walking on fours behind him, so the song may have more context.

But without that context this looks like one of those Dominance dog-on-the-leash role playing fetish, but since this is an indian movie they have to keep them dressed and discard the leash, and yet have some kinky minds get going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:38 am

Another twitter war! The poster became a controversy. From wiki:

"On 16 December 2013, popular Telugu and Tamil actress Samantha commented on the film's audio release poster, where the actress is seen crawling behind Mahesh Babu on the beach with the former looking at her with a not-so-happy look, in her tweet which went "Saw a poster of a yet to be released Telugu film. Not only is it deeply regressive, but it's point is actually that it is deeply regressive."[104] The tweet received such an adversly storming response from Mahesh's fans with such a level of annoyance that almost a verbal war took place on her in the form of Twitter as well as Facebook.[105] On the same day, yet another Telugu and Tamil actor and Samantha's friend Siddharth supported Samantha by posting "Agree or disagree all you want. The moment you question anyone's right to an opinion, well that just makes you a bully, a terrorist even." That did not go well with Mahesh's fans which led to their response through a tag #GetLostSamanthaAndSiddharth on Twitter and some even said that they both should quit Telugu cinema. The issue grew into a big controversy with 11000+ tweets in just 5 hours of the tag's origin.[106] On 27 December 2013, after the audio launch, ace Telugu filmmaker Sekhar Kammula too supported Samantha by posting a lengthy tweet in both his Twitter and Facebook which said
[b][b]“[/b][/b]Just saw the poster of 1 Nenokkadine and read what Samantha tweeted.......I share the same views..it is regressive, no doubt about it...but what is shocking is the ruckus that is being created against her...Its her opinion and she has every right to express it...and it has nothing to do with Mahesh Babu. Its how a woman has been projected on a poster and how she felt about it.
When a top heroine sees a poster and feels that women are shown regressively, it is time for all of us to think about it rather than attack her. Perhaps many women feel the same way about the way we show them in our movies.[107]
[b][b]”[/b][/b]
Sekhar Kammula too faced the heat from Mahesh's fans who launched personal attacks including dishing out past incidents from his movies. Apart from all, Bollywood filmmaker Pritish Nandy too posted in his twitter stating "Gross. Poster of a south film featuring Mahesh 'Babu' shows a woman crawling like a dog. Regressive!".[108] Finally on 28 December 2013, in an interview to The Hindu, Mahesh himself responded on the issue stating "It is a scene from a song and there is a line that goes 'oka ganta fish padadhama'. We are sorry if we upset people’s feelings. Maybe we made a mistake, but if you see the film you will concur there is nothing distasteful" and added that the poster created unwarranted controversy and stresses there is nothing unpalatable or undignified and it was viewed in isolation.[109] That reduced the magnitude of the controversy to some extent.[110] Kriti Sanon too responded on the issue stating "I would never do anything that would disrespect women in any manner. The shot used in the poster is part of a song and once you watch the song, you will understand that it does not disrespect women. It goes with the lyrics and that's the reason i did it. Making that the poster was a creative call."[111]

My take: I saw the movie yesterday. Yes, the scene is in a song and lasts only for a few seconds. By the time my husband told me, 'this is the one', it's gone. It didn't seem offensive in the movie. But this poster makes me uncomfortable. They chose a wrong picture for a poster to promote the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 am

Isn't that the image directors have been projecting Mahesh of i.e. women drooling over him, for years. It is just that this one is in graphic format. Anyway, how much did you pay for tickets, was $25 piece last week in our area.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:57 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Isn't that the image directors have been projecting Mahesh of i.e. women drooling over him, for years. It is just that this one is in graphic format. Anyway, how much did you pay for tickets, was $25 piece last week in our area.

Maybe that was the idea, that women drool over him. but that's been depicted in a very distasteful manner. We paid $12/txt. Ya, it was $25 the first day, $18 the following week and $12 now. It's the same rates all over the US.

The movie was boring. Not worth a watch. The heroine is extremely hot. Mahesh, as usual, is an eye candy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Kinnera wrote:What do you think about this poster? Mahesh%27s%201%20Nenokkadine%20poster%20courts%20controversy

>>>Girl dropped her contacts and is looking for it. The guy has that 'what the hell are you doing?' on his face. It is getting late in the afternoon and the breeze is picking up, which accounts for his shirt on top of a t shirt.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>Girl dropped her contacts and is looking for it. The guy has that 'what the hell are you doing?' on his face. It is getting late in the afternoon and the breeze is picking up, which accounts for his shirt on top of a t shirt.

LOL this brought back memories of dear sis dropping her contacts way back then and all of us going on fours looking for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Kris wrote:
LOL! Probably that's what it is. All this halchal about it being regressive is meaningless, maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:
LOL! Probably that's what it is. All this halchal about it being regressive is meaningless, maybe.

Definitively regressive, couldn't the director convince her to put on a two-piece bikini.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

Definitively regressive, couldn't the director convince her to put on a two-piece bikini.

>>>Heck, it could have been even more exciting if the director had shot it in the south of france and she had been costumed after the local fashion, for authenticity purposes of course.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

why is a two-piece bikini better than 1 or 3-piece bikini?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Kris wrote:

LOL this brought back memories of dear sis dropping her contacts way back then and all of us going on fours looking for them.
>>>Not on the beach, surely. I lived within a half hour of some awesome SoCal beaches once upon a time and the subject is close to my heart, naturally Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

why is a two-piece bikini better than 1 or 3-piece bikini?
One is better, of course none is the best.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

A three piece one that she's wearing is fine. Be glad that he didn't make her wear a burkha. That would've been more regressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down