Dravid's ton deserves a special mention. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dravid's ton deserves a special mention.

4 posters

Go down

Dravid's ton deserves a special mention. Empty Dravid's ton deserves a special mention.

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Since the media would not say much, let me say what they might have said if TenDucker had scored a century instead:

Dravid's 100 is special as he - as the sheet anchor of the Indian team for 15 years - scored the 100th century of the trimurthis.

Dravid's 100 fulfills the gap left by his 95 on his first test in 96.

Dravid's 100 establishes that he is still the WALL no matter what the Bombay mafia calls him.

Dravid proves once again HE and not SRT who could be relied on when the team needs a big score.

Dravid proved once again he is the master when it comes to batting with tailenders.

Dravid's innings proves once again that the tailenders feel more comfortable with Dravid or VVSL than with Sehwag or SRT in such dire situations.

Go Dravid.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Dravid's ton deserves a special mention. Empty Re: Dravid's ton deserves a special mention.

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Dravid played comfortably in the company of Sachin. After lunch in 7 overs they scored 48 runs and were controlling the game. There is no need to put Dravid against sachin. Both made incredible contributions to Indian cricket.

Some titbits revealed by Dravid: he sweats a lot. he takes a lot more balls to get his runs than sehwag. So he has to be more physically fit. So works harder. According Saurav, Dravid runs at 38 to keep himself fit. I hope young guns like Yuv Raj and Rohit learn a thing or two from Dravid.

Dravid finally made defensive batting interesting.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Dravid's ton deserves a special mention. Empty Re: Dravid's ton deserves a special mention.

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 pm

yuvraj is no more young. he is past it. too late to learn anything for him. the folks who can learn from dravid are raina and mukund.

here's a statistic that you all can light up and smoke: of the 32 test hundreds that dravid has scored prior to this one, only one
resulted in a loss for india.

he'll always be my favorite indian cricketer of all time. a nice tribute from the guardian newspaper.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:20 pm

uppili - you missed another important statistic. he went past cranky ponting as the second highest run maker in test cricket.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yuvraj is no more young. he is past it. too late to learn anything for him. the folks who can learn from dravid are raina and mukund.

here's a statistic that you all can light up and smoke: of the 32 test hundreds that dravid has scored prior to this one, only one

he'll always be my favorite indian cricketer of all time. a nice tribute from the guardian newspaper.

I had Yuv Raj and Rohit's weight and fitness problems in mind when I wrote that. Mukund could become a contributor if he learns the path of continuous improvement. He seems to have the basic tools. Hope he does not stop the way Rohit and M Vijay (not a final verdict) stopped learning.

Dravid 32 centuries and only one Team loss. That is a magnificent statistic and speaks more of the value of his runs to the team's success over the long run. Cricket should develop a statistic to DIFFERENTIATE garbage runs from useful contributions. Better if they can somehow identify clutch runs ( difficult pitch/bowling/team situation etc.), it would give players like Dravid and Laxman the credit they deserve.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 am

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Dravid 32 centuries and only one Team loss. That is a magnificent statistic and speaks more of the value of his runs to the team's success over the long run.

how many of Ponting, Lara, Border, and yes TenDucker's centuries results in wins for their teams? Any stats ?

I miss our Gumastha ji.

Hope at least our Asst. Gumasthaji responds.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:32 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Since the media would not say much, let me say what they might have said if TenDucker had scored a century instead:

Dravid's 100 is special as he - as the sheet anchor of the Indian team for 15 years - scored the 100th century of the trimurthis.

Dravid's 100 fulfills the gap left by his 95 on his first test in 96.

Dravid's 100 establishes that he is still the WALL no matter what the Bombay mafia calls him.

Dravid proves once again HE and not SRT who could be relied on when the team needs a big score.

Dravid proved once again he is the master when it comes to batting with tailenders.

Dravid's innings proves once again that the tailenders feel more comfortable with Dravid or VVSL than with Sehwag or SRT in such dire situations.

Go Dravid.

i could not see this innings live, but as far as i know, it was a chance-less innings and an important one given others' contribution. dravid, just like the other two veterans, has put to rest any doubt over his retirement. it would have been nice to have resold cycle / SOUNDS FISHY as a member on this forum. that would have been entertaining.

look, neither dravid nor laxman (or SRT) will retire for another year or two. this trio will redefine the way cricketers and their age are looked at.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down