looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist

+5
Maria S
FluteHolder
Merlot Daruwala
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
9 posters

Go down

looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist Empty looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 30, 2014 7:51 pm

i don't like any of the standard gobi fares that you get at indian restaurants. in particular i dislike alu-gobi intensely.  i somewhat like the gobi manchurian but it's a bit scary with the salt and the deep frying.  i don't like the standard tamil dry porial where you keep sauteing it to kingdom come until the pieces soften and become droopy. any more ideas?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist Empty Re: looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Do u want my recipe for gobhi matar?

Back to top Go down

looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist Empty Re: looking for creative ways to cook cauliflower with an indian twist

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:Do u want my recipe for gobhi matar?

sorry hate peas.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 30, 2014 8:01 pm

You're welcome:
http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/national/8821/Forget-florets--roast-the-whole-damn-cauliflower.htm
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri May 30, 2014 8:42 pm

http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/tandoori-gobhi.aspx
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 30, 2014 8:44 pm

i think i am going to try this whole cauli thingy tomorrow.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat May 31, 2014 5:29 am

How one cannot like Cauli?. (I like it in any kind of form even if it is NorthIndian Smile).

A perfectly made aaloo-gobhi (which is very rare in most Indian restaurants).  with fresh naan or roti is always good.

I like the Harekrishna(Iskcon's) preparation of cauli with potatoes and curd but not sure how it is made.

I add separately lightly sauted cauli florets to  'ajwain aaloo' dish from Sanjeev Kapoor's. Adding a bit crunchy/sauted cauli florets along with red onions gives an unique taste to 'ajwain aaloo' .

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 31, 2014 6:03 am

i didn't say i don't like cauliflower. i said i don't like what indians do to it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat May 31, 2014 7:33 am

If you don't like Indian-style preps; poriyals, curries and kurmas with cauliflower..you can marinate and deep fry (with spices and flour coating)..or make baked preps with the indian spices you like, add curry and cilantro leaves for flavor..it's so easy and something different.

http://honestcooking.com/south-indian-cauliflower-bake/
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 am

Hellsangel wrote:You're welcome:
http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/national/8821/Forget-florets--roast-the-whole-damn-cauliflower.htm
Is this because of narenbhai's win?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sat May 31, 2014 9:26 am

Slow roasting, Add salt + some chili powder and let it cook on low flame for an hour. Tastes fabulous.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat May 31, 2014 9:48 am

swapna wrote:

In the words of Achachan Ammachi scratch
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 31, 2014 10:39 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:

In the words of Achachan Ammachi scratch
Sorry, I only wanted to respond to the original post, but made an error.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 31, 2014 11:13 am

FluteHolder wrote:How one cannot like Cauli?. (I like it in any kind of form even if it is NorthIndian Smile).

A perfectly made aaloo-gobhi (which is very rare in most Indian restaurants).  with fresh naan or roti is always good.

I like the Harekrishna(Iskcon's) preparation of cauli with potatoes and curd but not sure how it is made.

I add separately lightly sauted cauli florets to  'ajwain aaloo' dish from Sanjeev Kapoor's. Adding a bit crunchy/sauted cauli florets along with red onions gives an unique taste to 'ajwain aaloo' .
>>>Am not much of a cauliflower fan, but I am surprised by your comment on the Iskcon dish. I have eaten a couple of times at their LA  temple years ago, but found the food very bland. Maybe they have learned since Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Kris wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:How one cannot like Cauli?. (I like it in any kind of form even if it is NorthIndian Smile).

>>>Am not much of a cauliflower fan, but I am surprised by your comment on the Iskcon dish. I have eaten a couple of times at their LA  temple years ago, but found the food very bland. Maybe they have learned since Smile

ISKON "prashad" is always bland as they are meant for mainly "americans" before the temples and restaurants came up everywhere in US, Indians flocked to the ISKON temples (wonly). They wont be serving Daal makhni or Mutter paneer any time soon.

Cauliflower is tasteless... and it has to be cooked with other things to give a suitable taste. Actually I like Caulifower with ranch dressing....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down