suf- Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suf-

Go down

suf- Empty suf-

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:06 pm

fo-
ca-
tion

and strange feeling of wanting to wig out when super social desis wanna connect you to some family  just cuz they live in nj. It's with the best intentions and the peeps are someone you may *want* to network with. But man, why am I so anti social. I try to fix it, but it's so hard.

Back to top Go down

suf- Empty Re: suf-

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Ya, it feels like a chore/obligation to me. But, I need to come out of that mindset. My sister-in-law's hunband's uncle's daughter is in town. They called us. I told them that i am going to have them over for lunch sometime soon. That 'sometime soon' has turned into a few months. I got to invite them as soon as mom and dad leave (which is like less than 10 days Neutral )

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:02 am

Kinnera wrote:Ya, it feels like a chore/obligation to me. But, I need to come out of that mindset. My sister-in-law's hunband's uncle's daughter is in town. They called us. I told them that i am going to have them over for lunch sometime soon. That 'sometime soon' has turned into a few months. I got to invite them as soon as mom and dad leave (which is like less than 10 days Neutral )
>>>Someone tried to track down how Bush was related the queen. He is her 7th cousin twice removed or some such thing according to one of the guys who keeps track of this in England and he added this quip: "but frankly, who isn't?"

(subtext: we are probably more closely related than this 18th cousin removed five times. I don't see you vexing over not inviting me when mom is there.. just sayin')

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:04 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:fo-
ca-
tion

and strange feeling of wanting to wig out when super social desis wanna connect you to some family  just cuz they live in nj. It's with the best intentions and the peeps are someone you may *want* to network with. But man, why am I so anti social. I try to fix it, but it's so hard.
>>>What? there is another Indian family in joisey? No way...who'd have thunk?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:51 am

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:fo-
ca-
tion

>>>What? there is another Indian family in joisey? No way...who'd have thunk?

lol. actually I realized there are some developments in our township that are exclusively fully desi. I sometimes go there to drop kid for something, and what a desi feeling it gives. Lively, social, friendly, everybody out on a good day. Maybe we should have bought a house in such a place, would have been a forced socialite. Imagine living in Edison, and being the only desis in our block.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Ya, it feels like a chore/obligation to me. But, I need to come out of that mindset. My sister-in-law's hunband's uncle's daughter is in town. They called us. I told them that i am going to have them over for lunch sometime soon. That 'sometime soon' has turned into a few months. I got to invite them as soon as mom and dad leave (which is like less than 10 days Neutral )
>>>Someone tried to track down how Bush was related the queen. He is her 7th cousin twice removed or some such thing according to one of the guys who keeps track of this in England and he added this quip: "but frankly, who isn't?"

(subtext: we are probably more closely related than this 18th cousin removed five times. I don't see you vexing over not inviting me when mom is there.. just sayin')
ya, who knows! Vasudaiva kutumbakam and stuff. Vexing....i had put the ball in your court. You were the one who didn't visit our good ol' Atlanta. vot2do? Neutral . Another vot2do situation is our Uppili sir visiting ATL every coupla months or so, but refusing to meet me. gurru!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum