Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1983 vs 2011 World Champs

3 posters

Go down

1983 vs 2011 World Champs Empty 1983 vs 2011 World Champs

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 pm

or losers? I see obvious similarities between the two teams, both sucked big time after winning the world cup. '83 team was slapped around in our backyard by the Windies who were in a revenge-taking mood, lost 6 test match series 0-3. Similarly, current team is being humiliated in this series, sad thing is '83 team was surprise winners not really considered as one of the top teams, however this one is reigning test champs, #1 ranking test team. '83 team lost to the greatest team in cricketing history, these guys can't even play a mediocre opponent (okay! team on the rise). There were at least a few glimpses in that series when our players shined, Gavsakar's fastest ton at Kotla where he took Marshall to the cleaners, his double ton at Chepauk, Kapil's 9-fer. But so far I have not seen a single moment in this series that made me feel proud of our team. I'm still hoping that they will turn in gusty performance, otherwise this got to be the worst ever performance by an Indian cricket team, will easily topple 42 all out performance and Dhoni & Co would deserve garland of chappals.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

1983 vs 2011 World Champs Empty Re: 1983 vs 2011 World Champs

Post by nevada Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 pm

When the Zak-less bowling attack had England struggling at 120(or thereabouts) for 8 in the 2nd test, I thought we were back in business and ready to square the series. But alas, that turned out to be the last hurrah for this team in an abysmal series.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 am

yes, there's a pattern. i wonder if it is because of the world cup victory. they have perhaps lost the motivation. or they just were complacent, thought ENG would be an easy tour and slacked on their job.

and if not garlands of chappals, BCCI should fine them for this performance. if they get crores of rupees for their wins, they should be fined for their poor performances, too. there's something called as performance-linked incentive, BCCI.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down