polyamorous Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

polyamorous

3 posters

Go down

polyamorous Empty polyamorous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gracie-x/compersion-a-polyamorous-principle-that-can-strengthen-any-relationship_b_6803868.html

"Baby," I told him genuinely, "I am so happy for you!"

What brought on these feelings of joy in both of us? To be honest, he'd just had sex -- with another woman. And, yep, I was stoked for him.

There's actually a word for the joyful feeling that a polyamorous person has when his or her lover or spouse walks through the door after spending the afternoon making love to his or her new girlfriend or boyfriend: compersion. Compersion is such a novel concept that you won't even find the word in the dictionary (unless you look in the Urban dictionary).

Feeling all warm and gooey because your spouse had a great time banging someone else is not something we're socialized to feel. We can be thrilled for our partner if they get a raise or promotion or receive some kind of unexpected windfall, but why can't we be happy for our partners who find joy in bed with someone else?

Back to top Go down

polyamorous Empty Re: polyamorous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:43 pm

I am Kinnera and I approve this life style Razz. I am happy that someone is beyond petty jealousies and possessiveness and is open minded. That's great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:47 pm

looking back at many stories (and movies), and lifestyles of some people who I knew growing up, i am sure this is not a new concept. couples have done it through the ages, discretely ofcourse. guess it's only now when a supposedly common middle class person is writing about it that can add to the shock factor, if any.

Last edited by Beatrix Kiddo on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:48 pm

what's next - watching ur partner have sex with someone else :eyeroll

how can they compare being happy for partner's promotion at work with happiness from emotional intimacy. 

too much open mindedness may not be a good thing always...

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:50 pm

seven wrote:what's next - watching ur partner have sex with someone else :eyeroll

how can they compare being happy for partner's promotion at work with happiness from emotional intimacy. 

Read carefully....it was "knowing" that your partner....not "watching"....

Pinnoil your dirty mind ... This is a high class family forum....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
seven wrote:what's next - watching ur partner have sex with someone else :eyeroll

Today knowing makes you happy. I said the next logical step would be watching.

If knowing makes you happy, then you are friends. Marriage is infinitely more intimate. How can you be happy knowing your partner enjoyed banging somone else in bed. Unless ofcoz you don't love them.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:50 pm

seven wrote:

If knowing makes you happy, then you are friends. Marriage is infinitely more intimate. How can you be happy knowing your partner enjoyed banging somone else in bed. Unless ofcoz you don't love them.

I am now thinking of retiring from marriage discussions as well....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:09 am

Did someone steal Kinnera's account info.?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:36 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Did someone steal Kinnera's account info.?
LOL! no it's me. Different stokes for different ppl, Seva ji. Who's anyone to judge the personal choices of anyone. There's nothing negative in what the author wrote. All i see is selfless love, freedom, happiness, non-conformity to the man-made rules/values, and a higher state of being which is free of jealousy, possessiveness, insecurity and such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:40 am

seven wrote:

It's the other way around, seven. You love your partner so much that you are happy for him/her when he/she is happy, even if it meant that he/she slept with another person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:Did someone steal Kinnera's account info.?
LOL! no it's me. Different stokes for different ppl, Seva ji. Who's anyone to judge the personal choices of anyone. There's nothing negative in what the author wrote. All i see is selfless love, freedom, happiness, non-conformity to the man-made rules/values, and a higher state of being which is free of jealousy, possessiveness, insecurity and such.
No, I was wondering about the earlier politicians-like declaration /ad "I am Kinnera and I approve this... "
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum