Hi Maria Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Maria

+5
seven
garam_kuta
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
9 posters

Go down

Hi Maria Empty Hi Maria

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:30 am

This reminded me of you, the cute oldies you sometimes talk about.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6893772

"I like to think one can have a beach body at 90," Eugster told HuffPost Live. "I want to turn heads of the sexy 70-year-old girls on the beach." Nice.

Back to top Go down

Hi Maria Empty Re: Hi Maria

Post by southindian Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 am

LOL! That was funny

I'm not a pedophile... "95 year old man saying about 70 year old girls". Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Strange that she has not shown up here even during March madness. I think she has divorced SuCH.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Strange that she has not shown up here even during March madness. I think she has divorced SuCH.

in some parts of the world, a divorce doesn't mean much.  Rolling Eyes

i had a dream the other day that i met maria (no, i don't dream of suchers normally), and we painted nyc red. next morning i told myself she will do no such thing given my bad reputation here, but then the same day i saw this article. maybe cosmos is trying to tell me something. or maybe not... whatever, hope she is well.

edit: i have no idea how m looks. she had once said she looks like asin, so vaguely that's what came in my dreams... actually i think in my dream m was faceless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

i had a dream the other day that i met maria (no, i don't dream of suchers normally), and we painted nyc red. next morning i told myself she will do no such thing given my bad reputation here, but then the same day i saw this article. maybe cosmos is trying to tell me something. or maybe not... whatever, hope she is well.

edit: i have no idea how m looks. she had once said she looks like asin, so vaguely that's what came in my dreams... actually i think in my dream m was faceless.

I look like George looney.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

will look around for clooney the next time i am in an international airport Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Radhika missed meeting George (C)loony. She nvr imagined he'd move away to Boston.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Was it Michael Jackson or Mariah Carey who sang.."Just call my name, and I'll be there"?
Well, I'll try:)  Believe it or not..with signs of spring around all me..did think about..well, some of you as you apparently think of me and even dream about a faceless me:) Seasons change..we change..but, always a well-wisher, no matter where I am! 

Hello Tracy, Kinnera, Uppili..and all other well wishers!

Doing well..hope you are all too.

Tracy,

Appreciate the shout out..hmm "old cutie"..don't think I ever said Asin..that would be a stretch, and sorry Asin fans..she is pretty..but not the Radhika, Jyothika or Revathi "type" when it comes to natural charm:)

U,

No Sir, I don't believe in divorce..believe in being married forever and ever, and beyond. 
Just getting into March Madness..esp. with UAB beating Iowa State..watched that! 

What's this I read about..you are in Boston in now..I was there not too long ago. 

Kinnera,

You are a Radhika type too? Good for you:) *Or may be I am interpreting something very different.

Good to see you all!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey M, nice you hear from you Smile

I think you wrote about working with old people and how they try to flirt and/or impress each other even at this age. 'old cuties' is probably what I thought of them.

anyway, hope u r doing well and e'thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks Tracy:) Nice of you to think of me too. 

Sure..I enjoy the company of old(er) people.. have written many times about being around/working with them, and most of them are vibrant and full of life- doing everything younger people do..unless they have debilitating illnesses, dementia etc

Doing well for the most part- have the ups and downs like everyone.

Hope things are well with you.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Maria S wrote:Thanks Tracy:) Nice of you to think of me too. 

Sure..I enjoy the company of old(er) people.. have written many times about being around/working with them, and most of them are vibrant and full of life- doing everything younger people do..unless they have debilitating illnesses, dementia etc

Doing well for the most part- have the ups and downs like everyone.

Hope things are well with you.

i am good, M. thanks! life is smooth, relatively. have seen better, have seen worse. no complaints though. kids are good, xh is friendly. can't say i have no love in my life. can't say i do. i get my laughs, i get my cries. whatever there is, works for me. sometimes i wake up with a jolt thinking i have to send older kid to college next year and i am doing nothing about it... i throw a couple of sat books her direction, and she tries to put me back in the old lull. so i guess that's the one thing on top of my priority list right now. younger kid provides relief with occasional hugs, and that's the only thing that makes me tell myself that these are probably not the worst years of my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Good is good..and no complaints is even better. If one is not ill and no one in the family is ill- that's the best thing/blessing. 

No matter how we see it..a child going to college is a big deal, esp. in the US. 
Good luck to your daughter! 

*hugs*.

Take care, bye for now.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Maria, nice to hear from you Smile. Long time no see. Glad everything is going ok with you Smile. Do stick around.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Maria S wrote:Good is good..and no complaints is even better. If one is not ill and no one in the family is ill- that's the best thing/blessing. 

No matter how we see it..a child going to college is a big deal, esp. in the US. 
Good luck to your daughter! 

*hugs*.

Take care, bye for now.

so reassuring, your post maria akka.. seriously i was quite anxious and kept watching frequently, since she started this post. till next time, engirundAlum vAzhgha!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi Maria!

There's a song from the movie Ungli that goes like 'OoOO Paleezah re...I smhow always sing O Maria re n that reminds me of you. Then the song continues n I think why aren't they playing da..da...dance basanti (from the same movie) n forget about sending you a msg here.

Good to see your msg. Good to know you're well. Hugs.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:53 am

Maria S wrote:Was it Michael Jackson or Mariah Carey who sang.."Just call my name, and I'll be there"?
Well, I'll try:)  Believe it or not..with signs of spring around all me..did think about..well, some of you as you apparently think of me and even dream about a faceless me:) Seasons change..we change..but, always a well-wisher, no matter where I am! 

Hello Tracy, Kinnera, Uppili..and all other well wishers!

Doing well..hope you are all too.

Tracy,

Appreciate the shout out..hmm "old cutie"..don't think I ever said Asin..that would be a stretch, and sorry Asin fans..she is pretty..but not the Radhika, Jyothika or Revathi "type" when it comes to natural charm:)

U,

No Sir, I don't believe in divorce..believe in being married forever and ever, and beyond. 
Just getting into March Madness..esp. with UAB beating Iowa State..watched that! 

What's this I read about..you are in Boston in now..I was there not too long ago. 

Kinnera,

You are a Radhika type too? Good for you:) *Or may be I am interpreting something very different.

Good to see you all!
Hi Maria, i was wondering if you had moved on to a more -ahem!- intellectual forum.Glad to know you haven't outgrown us.Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 am

Kinnera,
Thank you and hope you are doing well. Sure, will come by.

GK,
How caring..ungal unmai anbukku, mikka nandri and take good care.

O' Babe seven,
*Hugs* 
Appreciate you remembering me when a song is played.. and your kind wishes. That is special:)  You take good care too.

Kris,

Thanks for wondering, nice to see you too:)

All kidding aside..can't outgrow anyone I have shared a lot of time(s) with- like you all..who made me smile and encouraged me along the way! In my book, while life does go on, there is no "fully" leaving behind and moving on! 

Have a good weekend everyone!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:07 am

Maria S wrote:Kinnera,
Thank you and hope you are doing well. Sure, will come by.

GK,
How caring..ungal unmai anbukku, mikka nandri and take good care.

O' Babe seven,
*Hugs* 
Appreciate you remembering me when a song is played.. and your kind wishes. That is special:)  You take good care too.

Kris,

Thanks for wondering, nice to see you too:)

All kidding aside..can't outgrow anyone I have shared a lot of time(s) with- like you all..who made me smile and encouraged me along the way! In my book, while life does go on, there is no "fully" leaving behind and moving on! 

Have a good weekend everyone!
Nice to see you back Maria.
Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 am

வருகை தந்தமைக்கு நன்றி, மரியா.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:54 am

maria, I'd totally relax my say-no-to-over40 rule just for you. so if you're in my neck of woods, you know where to look for your march madness (or april, may...not june tho, am out of country)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Maria S wrote:

U,

My heartfelt condolences to you on the defeat of your beloved UAB.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 am

நன்றி veeu.  

DUT:)  Nice of you indeed! Hope you are doing well. 

Well U, life goes on..it was meant to be Duke this year!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

Maria S wrote:நன்றி veeu.  

DUT:)  Nice of you indeed! Hope you are doing well. 

Well U, life goes on..it was meant to be Duke this year!

Is there any research project that is studying "Why everyone hates Duke on anything?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 am

I am not sure why so many people are seen as hating Duke. Prejudices and unfriendly academic environments are everywhere.  

Changing topics..am sure you heard that officially 60 is the new 40- middle age. 
So looking forward to middle age:)

So I guess 36 is the new 16.

I like Jyothika (she is my kind of fav- utterly charming:) good to see her return to acting..and like the endearing term "rasathi"..my paternal grandma used to call her granddaughters that..and her wise advice is pretty much captured in the lyrics of this song..the simplicity, music by Santhosh Narayanan, and fresh voice of Ms. Lalitha Vijayakumar..like it a lot:) 

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:23 am

Hi M

Most of the near-over-around-50 year olds I know now barely look the age, leave alone behaving like it. Guessing that's a good thing.

I am fine with my aging mostly, but am starting to get worried about my neck, the skin is loosening up, and my face, I see quite a few fine lines in daylight when I smile big. oh well, looks like I took after my dad, as my mom developed wrinkles very slowly, and is good even now. but I also know cosmetics is advancing in leaps in this area, and hell if I look old before 50 I am going for it. after 50 I will let myself age naturally. ok, maybe after 60. heh. Collagen is my new bff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:43 am

Hello Tracy!

Not necessary to highlight physical changes and imperfections, imo:) 
It is what it is! If people find us attractive at any age..it's nice! If they find us unattractive..so be it! 

I am really amazed how much Indian women *(esp. in TN) are so dramatically changing- when it comes to the way they dress, attitudes and actions. 

Hope you are doing well. take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:10 pm

aha, am slow to catch up

www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/60-is-the-new-middle-age_n_7079006.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content