Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq

3 posters

Go down

Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq Empty Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush would have authorized the 2003 invasion of Iraq, as his brother and then-president George W. Bush did, he told Fox News' Megyn Kelly in an interview to be aired Monday.

“I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got,” the likely 2016 presidential contender said.

As a senator from New York, Clinton voted in favor of the invasion — a decision she has since said was wrong.

The mistakes, Bush argued, were in the decisions made in the aftermath: “Once we invaded and took out Saddam Hussein, we didn’t focus on security first.”

He said George W. Bush agrees that this was a blunder, "so just for the news flash to the world, if they’re trying to find places where there’s big space between me and my brother, this might not be one of those.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/05/10/jeb-bush-says-he-would-have-invaded-iraq/?hpid=z2

Hmmm.. American arrogance at its worst or best depending on how you see it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq Empty Re: Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq

Post by southindian Sun May 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Hahaha There comes another Bush...

USA needs another Bush. Things are going just too well...
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq Empty Re: Jeb Bush says he would have invaded Iraq

Post by southindian Mon May 11, 2015 8:44 am

This idiot Jeb Bush STILL does not understand that Iraq had nothing to do with WMDs and AlQaida at that time.

One less to consider now.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon May 11, 2015 10:17 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Former Florida governor Jeb Bush would have authorized the 2003 invasion of Iraq, as his brother and then-president George W. Bush did, he told Fox News' Megyn Kelly in an interview to be aired Monday.

“I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got,” the likely 2016 presidential contender said.

As a senator from New York, Clinton voted in favor of the invasion — a decision she has since said was wrong.

The mistakes, Bush argued, were in the decisions made in the aftermath: “Once we invaded and took out Saddam Hussein, we didn’t focus on security first.”

He said George W. Bush agrees that this was a blunder, "so just for the news flash to the world, if they’re trying to find places where there’s big space between me and my brother, this might not be one of those.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/05/10/jeb-bush-says-he-would-have-invaded-iraq/?hpid=z2

Hmmm.. American arrogance at its worst or best depending on how you see it.
>>>The mistake was not concentrating on Afghanistan and instead outsourcing it to Pakistan. If the idea was to establish a foothold in the middle east as a strategic move, that is a different issue almost independent of Afghanistan. That would have entailed having a US -friendly guy waiting in the wings to take over instead of the weird belief that democracy was somehow going  kick in, once Saddam was deposed.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down