Chinese Hacking....consequences Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Hacking....consequences

3 posters

Go down

Chinese Hacking....consequences Empty Chinese Hacking....consequences

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Jim Lewis, a director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, said he believed the Chinese government was compiling a database of US government employees.

He linked the incident — revealed only last week but discovered in April — to a previous cyber attack on the same organisation, as well as to earlier attacks on Anthem, a provider of health insurance for government employees, and on two background checking contractors.

“I think . . . the Chinese are building a big biographic database of US government employees, using the same kind of data mining tools that retailers and credit card companies use,” he said.

Most large intelligence agencies try to create databases on their opposition to “understand how your opponent is going to play the game”, Mr Lewis added, noting that such a treasure trove could help in recruiting informants.

This does not augur well and the US - yet again - responsible for creating this future, evil enemy.  

But, this time it is against another race, civilization, and rich/populated "enemy".  US should be treating the Chinese - visitors, executives, students, diplomats - like the way it dealt with the Soviets - NOW.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Chinese Hacking....consequences Empty Re: Chinese Hacking....consequences

Post by Kris Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Jim Lewis, a director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, said he believed the Chinese government was compiling a database of US government employees.

He linked the incident — revealed only last week but discovered in April — to a previous cyber attack on the same organisation, as well as to earlier attacks on Anthem, a provider of health insurance for government employees, and on two background checking contractors.

“I think . . . the Chinese are building a big biographic database of US government employees, using the same kind of data mining tools that retailers and credit card companies use,” he said.

Most large intelligence agencies try to create databases on their opposition to “understand how your opponent is going to play the game”, Mr Lewis added, noting that such a treasure trove could help in recruiting informants.

This does not augur well and the US - yet again - responsible for creating this future, evil enemy.  

But, this time it is against another race, civilization, and rich/populated "enemy".  US should be treating the Chinese - visitors, executives, students, diplomats - like the way it dealt with the Soviets - NOW.
>>>Maybe the Chinese are trying to figure out whom to steer clear off when they start recruiting. On a serious note, this is going to be a much more complex relationship since China has so much invested in the US. That may be the US's leverage with this growing rival.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:20 pm

i seriously doubt that something reciprocal hasn't already happened. in fact my suspicion is that the chinese action is a response to americans messing around with chinese defense IT.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i seriously doubt that something reciprocal hasn't already happened. in fact my suspicion is that the chinese action is a response to americans messing around with chinese defense IT.  

Americans spy on EVERYONE. The Chinese are doing it not bcz of response but rather responding to an eventual showdown. Does India - which had a better IT prowess even 10 years ago -spy on anything like this even against the Chikus and the Saitans?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i seriously doubt that something reciprocal hasn't already happened. in fact my suspicion is that the chinese action is a response to americans messing around with chinese defense IT.  

Americans spy on EVERYONE. The Chinese are doing it not bcz of response but rather responding to an eventual showdown. Does India - which had a better IT prowess even 10 years ago   -spy on anything like this even against the Chikus and the Saitans?
>>Yep. American caution is right on this one.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:38 am

Kris wrote:

Americans spy on EVERYONE. The Chinese are doing it not bcz of response but rather responding to an eventual showdown. Does India - which had a better IT prowess even 10 years ago   -spy on anything like this even against the Chikus and the Saitans?

what caution? the hacking has already taken place! but it's a little difficult for the american govt to complain too much about this when they go spying routinely on allies and their own citizens, let alone rivals.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:

what caution? the hacking has already taken place! but it's a little difficult for the american govt to complain too much about this when they go spying routinely on allies and their own citizens, let alone rivals.
>>>The caution is overall with respect to China and its potential to initiate full blown cyber warfare to cripple the US. This may be more than the routine spying countries do on each other and part of a broader Chinese strategy.The saving grace here may be that China itself, as of now, has much vested in the US economy.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down