Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I met a realworld person called Huzefa

Go down

I met a realworld person called Huzefa Empty I met a realworld person called Huzefa

Post by harharmahadev Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:53 pm

This is not a joke/bail/troll/whatever. I met one guy called Huzefa at a party. I said I know a person called Huzefa Kapasi...I'm glad he didn't ask details!

But he was a Bohri muslim and told me a lot about the Bohri clan. It looks like Bohris have their own identity within the Muslim world. He said he just got done filing his Islamic tax. Ok..here's a gist of the conversation.

Me: Are there are lot of Bohri Muslims in the US?

Huzefa: No, but it's a very tight knit group. They have religious leaders all over the country and we have to file our taxes with them, which is a deduction for federal taxes

Me: But why do you file those taxes? What does that pay for?

Huzefa: We support the Bohri royal family (Shehzaada?) who lives in Walkeshwar / Peddar Road in Mumbai. That family controls the assets of all the Bohri family. When they travel anywhere in the world, they can hook up with other Bohris and are provided free lodging and boarding. The religious leaders name their kids and perform other rituals. The religious leaders were very upset that they didnt ask them for names.

Me: Are you allowed to drink? (both of them were holding a beer bottle)

Huzefa: No...but we are not that religious.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down