WTF Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
garam_kuta
CroMagnon
7 posters

Go down

WTF Empty WTF

Post by CroMagnon Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm

So this dude and I go out to a desi restaurant for dinner together. We split the bill.

The waiter returns with the credit card receipt for us to sign. While I'm waiting for him to finish up so that I can get the pen, I watch him closely to see how much tip he is adding. I usually match the tip the other person is paying as courtesy.

The bill was about $27 each, and he puts $1.50 as tip. Quite less than the norm especially when the company is paying so I decide to not match the tip and pay the usual 15-20%. Then came the funny/WTF part when I watched him add the tip in his copy.

He puts $4.50 on his!
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

WTF Empty Re: WTF

Post by garam_kuta Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 pm

CroMagnon wrote:So this dude and I go out to a desi restaurant for dinner together. We split the bill.

The waiter returns with the credit card receipt for us to sign. While I'm waiting for him to finish up so that I can get the pen, I watch him closely to see how much tip he is adding. I usually match the tip the other person is paying as courtesy.

The bill was about $27 each, and he puts $1.50 as tip. Quite less than the norm especially when the company is paying so I decide to not match the tip and pay the usual 15-20%. Then came the funny/WTF part when I watched him add the tip in his copy.

He puts $4.50 on his!

si?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:29 pm

CroMagnon wrote:So this dude and I go out to a desi restaurant for dinner together. We split the bill.

He puts $4.50 on his!

longtime! hru?

are u saying he increased his tip after seeing you? or he took money from ur tip to add on his tab how did he do it and i mean yea wth:p

but why were u looking closely lol. u add wat u feel like and let him tip wat he wants to. rest assured the people u wanted to tip will get wat u gave them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:33 pm

He puts $4.50 on his!

While you were doing a psychological test on him, he ran an experiment on you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 pm

seven wrote:longtime! hru?

are u saying he increased his tip after seeing you? or he took money from ur tip to add on his tab how did he do it and i mean yea wth:p

but why were u looking closely lol. u add wat u feel like and let him tip wat he wants to. rest assured the people u wanted to tip will get wat u gave them.

I'm doing pretty good. No, he put more tip on his copy which he was going to submit for reimbursement (I thought that part was clear when I mentioned the company was paying for our dinner).

I match tip because it is a courteous thing to do. I usually ask how much the other person is putting, but in this case since there was only one pen, I could simply watch him.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:49 pm

He puts $4.50 on his!

Hard to say who is right. Some desi restaurants do *NOT* pay tip to the servers. The management pockets. But he made money. Even without the bill he could submit a junka$$ estimate to his company and say he lost the bill. It matters nothing. Plus some companies only pay some amount whatever the amount he submits. For example a school where I worked (not as a student) pays a fixed amount of $32 for dinner. It does not matter you spend $3 or fast. You get $32.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:02 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Some desi restaurants do *NOT* pay tip to the servers. The management pockets.

I have heard this before.

But he made money.

Sure he did, but on the back of a poor waiter. While I'm against the concept of mandatory tip, but that is the custom and you cannot fight it.

Even without the bill he could submit a junka$$ estimate to his company and say he lost the bill. It matters nothing. Plus some companies only pay some amount whatever the amount he submits. For example a school where I worked (not as a student) pays a fixed amount of $32 for dinner. It does not matter you spend $3 or fast. You get $32.

The client here is pretty strict. They expect receipts or CC statement (if you lose the receipt). The cap is $70/day but only the actual amount is reimbursed.

Some companies do have a policy where you do not have to submit a receipt if the amount is less than $25. Some, like you mentioned, pay a fixed dollar amount (per diem) irrespective of how much you spend.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:39 pm

does this person

a) hate doctors and the obscene amounts made by docs in general?

b) hate airlines and the obscene costs of airfare these days?

c) like quo vadis chappals/shoes?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:does this person

No, He hates "tagging behind" with Rs 125 Quo Vadis chappal, irrespective of what he says.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 am

CroMagnon wrote: I usually match the tip the other person is paying as courtesy.

Then came the funny/WTF part when I watched him add the tip in his copy.

He puts $4.50 on his!

He is doing the same. He's matching the tip that you're paying as courtesy. What's the funny/WTF part abt it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:00 am

kinnera wrote:
CroMagnon wrote: I usually match the tip the other person is paying as courtesy.

He puts $4.50 on his!

He is doing the same. He's matching the tip that you're paying as courtesy. What's the funny/WTF part abt it?
Kinni Pinni, you really are not the brightest bulb around, are you?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:does this person

No, He hates "tagging behind" with Rs 125 Quo Vadis chappal, irrespective of what he says.

lol... love it when the tauntee understands that the taunter is taunting him, and retorts back w/o confirming too... it's kinda funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 am

Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

He puts $4.50 on his!

I'm sorry you didn't get the sarcasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:27 am

kinnera wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:He is doing the same. He's matching the tip that you're paying as courtesy. What's the funny/WTF part abt it?
I'm sorry you didn't get the sarcasm.

Kinny aunty, this retort works only if you got the original WTF and said something sarcastic. In this case, you did neither.

See aunty, the other dude didn't match the tip - he only paid $1.50 as a tip, but on the customer copy which he was going to submit to his employer for reimbursement, he put in $4.50, essentially stealing $3. That was the funny/WTF part.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum